: *New Caddy SRX Owner -- Orange County, NY

radbag
05-17-05, 12:08 PM
been lurking the last couple of days, REALLY IMPRESSIVE WEBSITE Sal!

Am a 37 year old, married dude with 3 children ranging in ages from 2 to 11 years. Live in Orange County, NY and commute to midtown manhattan where i work...had to get another family car as the wife wasn't interested in re-leasing the mountaineer that we had. was important for us to have a third row seat, AWD, luxury and performance featured vehicle...considered the pacifica early on but wasn't funtional for us...considered minivans but wife wasn't diggin any of em...considered mercedes and bmw but got way too pricey...stumbled into a caddy dealership to look at the escalade and the mrs fell in love with the SRX...about a month later, we were in to pick up our new vehicle...being a salesman (of securities that is), it was such a grueling month of diligence and negotiating (highly recommend going about the process the way i did it) but i think it was well worth it cause we're both so pleased with our new vehicle and our terms.

will post my vehicle in the SRX forum (with pics over the weekend), am looking forward to the interaction and i'm sure i'll be able to learn a lot of things from this community...will look into membership as well:2thumbs:

all the best - radbag

Boombotz
05-17-05, 12:31 PM
:welcome: to the forums.

D148L0
05-17-05, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Elvis
05-18-05, 09:53 AM
Welcome!

It sounds like you just did what I'm about to go through. Except my kids are all furry and keep all four on the ground most of the time.

radbag
05-18-05, 04:18 PM
Welcome!

It sounds like you just did what I'm about to go through. Except my kids are all furry and keep all four on the ground most of the time.

i hear ya elvis...have 2 grown labs of my own...part of the reason we needed the larger vehicle! if you're about to buy one of these (or any other vehicle for that matter), i had a pretty aggressive/radical approach in that you take the whole emotional component out of the process...ask me if you're interested in more deets. :thumbsup:

CADDYBLACK99
05-18-05, 04:49 PM
Welcome Radbag!

Thanks for joining the forum! SRX is a great choice for a family transport! paitiently waiting for weekend pics! Good luck to you and the Mrs and kids (furry and not!)
:welcome:
Paul

radbag
05-18-05, 08:09 PM
Welcome Radbag!

Thanks for joining the forum! SRX is a great choice for a family transport! paitiently waiting for weekend pics! Good luck to you and the Mrs and kids (furry and not!)
:welcome:
Paul

thanks cblack99 -- am traveling on biz this week...should be home by friday...i'm sure the site is FLOODED with SRX pics...just wanting to contribute...great site...rock on!:)