: Brand new Corsa for sale...Maybe.

Deltasendero
05-17-05, 01:34 AM
I'm 33 with two kids and one in the oven so I'm not a 'tuner' guy but I am sad to say that my new Corsa exhaust is not what I expected:yawn: . I installed 'er tonight and went for several runs (165 was my best,:lildevil: BTW) but I am still wanting more of a note. There is absolutely no highway drone with this exhaust but I want a little more rumble when I'm in the pilot seat. The only difference I've noticed is a little more bark at start up and a little more bass at WOT. There is also a little burble when shifting from 1-2 or hitting the clutch on the down shift.

When you are in the back of the exhaust it sounds like all hell is breaking loose :thumbsup: but I don't get that feeling from the captains chair.

So here is my proposal. I will swap anyone, my Corsa for their B&B, straight up. The louder, the better.

This is my only performance mod so maybe things would be different with a StealthV CAIK, et al?

Let me know if you are interested. I still have all the original packing material, warranty card, etc.

Delta

vr6aaron
05-17-05, 01:41 AM
Let me know if you want to sell, i will take it of your hands.

lawfive
05-17-05, 01:48 AM
Too much open land in the Dakotas; nothing for the sound to bounce back to you from. Maybe try driving through a herd of bison?

Deltasendero
05-17-05, 01:49 AM
I'm serious about the sale unless someone tells me in the next 20 minutes that the rumble in the jungle gets better with other mods. I'll sell it for $1000 plus shipping. I'll package it up Wednesday night and have it on the UPS truck Thursday a.m. guaranteed. There is only 25 miles on the system and I already applied the anti-seize so I'll save you 20 minutes on the installs. All told, it took me and a friend 40 minutes to install.

lawfive
05-17-05, 01:55 AM
It won't get louder. I've heard the Corsa on a V with just a CAI; it was the same as my Corsa with a Magnacharger and a custom air box. Plus, mine actually seems to be getting mellower over time.

Heard a B&B with the resonator this weekend; it sounded comparable to my Corsa.

Ask somebody who knows best (e.g. Stealth), but my money says a guy like you will be happiest with a B&B, X pipe, no cones.

Deltasendero
05-17-05, 02:04 AM
It won't get louder. I've heard the Corsa on a V with just a CAI; it was the same as my Corsa with a Magnacharger and a custom air box. Plus, mine actually seems to be getting mellower over time.

Heard a B&B with the resonator this weekend; it sounded comparable to my Corsa.

Ask somebody who knows best (e.g. Stealth), but my money says a guy like you will be happiest with a B&B, X pipe, no cones.
Thanks for the feedback Lawfive. Nice jab with the Bison, which by the way is my alma mater, go NDSU.

I don't like to hear that the Corsa will mellow out over time. Again, I'm not a boy racer, but I would like to feel that grand I just spent coming through the upholstery. You have to remember that in ND we can run straight pipes if we so choose because we don't have SMOG police so I may feel out-piped when the tuners pull up beside with their screamin 2.0 liter and NOS.

StealthV
05-17-05, 02:11 AM
Too much open land in the Dakotas; nothing for the sound to bounce back to you from. Maybe try driving through a herd of bison?

As a former North and South Dakotan, you are killing me Jerry. :histeric:

Did a tour of duty at MSU and all my friends went to NDSU so I lived in Fargo...ah those were the days...when winters were winter and a block heater was a good thing. Worked the Moorhead street department the summer of 1987..toured the Steiger plant went it first opened in 1977...

Bison Jerry :histeric:

StealthV
05-17-05, 02:16 AM
Ok, back on topic. I have a Corsa "sport" (the loud version) on my Silverado SS and it is no comparison to the B&B, the B&B wins hands down - different vehicles certainly but very similar engines and Corsa exhaust design theory. Tomorrow I will be tuning a Maggie + Corsa V and will have a chance to experience the Corsa V version for the first time. Perhaps a little video is in order.... :sneaky:

For pure unadulterated music there is nothing better than the B&B x-pipe. It's going back on my car this weekend when the headers are installed. We'll see if the 9,000 mile carbon build-up will take out the worst of the resonance.

Deltasendero
05-17-05, 02:18 AM
As a former North and South Dakotan, you are killing me Jerry. :histeric:

Did a tour of duty at MSU and all my friends went to NDSU so I lived in Fargo...ah those were the days...when winters were winter and a block heater was a good thing. Worked the Moorhead street department the summer of 1987..toured the Stieger plant went it first opened in 1977...

Bison Jerry :histeric:

Good to hear that someone else actually needs to run snow tires. I caught the 'Fargo' bit in your reply. "How ya doin' Margie?"

I was hoping the CAIK would help with the sound level, but I think I'm going to have to switch to B&B to get what I need.

lawfive
05-17-05, 02:22 AM
My wife's family is from South Dakota; have driven several times to Aberdeen; miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles. Beaten only by Texas.

Have not been to North Dakota. The classic joke in the Air Force when we were filling out our 'dream sheets' was, "Why not Minot?" (Thule, Greenland was what we really wanted to avoid.)

If you DID get assigned to Minot, the instructions that came with the move paperwork said to carry a candle in the glove compartment. It generates just enough heat to ward off frostbite in case your engine dies in the winter. Golly, I can't wait to go there...

The winter instructions in Southern California say that we should always carry a little tube of SPF 50.

Deltasendero
05-17-05, 02:30 AM
My wife's family is from South Dakota; have driven several times to Aberdeen; miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles. Beaten only by Texas.

Have not been to North Dakota. The classic joke in the Air Force when we were filling out our 'dream sheets' was, "Why not Minot?" (Thule, Greenland was what we really wanted to avoid.)

If you DID get assigned to Minot, the instructions that came with the move paperwork said to carry a candle in the glove compartment. It generates just enough heat to ward off frostbite in case your engine dies in the winter. Golly, I can't wait to go there...

The winter instructions in Southern California say that we should always carry a little tube of SPF 50.

A candle in the glove compartment and a 100' extension cord wrapped from the front bumper to the driver side mirror about 10 times...

If you ever get back up to ND for non-military reasons, (which I totally respect), look me up and I'll take you hunting. :)

Deltasendero
05-17-05, 02:30 AM

BTW, if you stand on a beer can in Fargo, you can see Aberdeen.

lawfive
05-17-05, 02:33 AM
BTW, if you stand on a beer can in Fargo, you can see Aberdeen.

... but, why would you want to?

Deltasendero
05-17-05, 02:35 AM
... but, why would you want to?

6 poeple per square mile... 'nuf said.

Deltasendero
05-17-05, 02:51 AM
Let me know if you want to sell, i will take it of your hands.

vr6aaron, As it stands, I am willing to part with the Corsa. I'll check the board tomorrow and if you are still interested, I will box them up for shipment on Thursday.

Let me know.

StealthV
05-17-05, 02:56 AM
6 poeple per square mile... 'nuf said.

The most millionaires per capita as well (at least it was back in my days).

Deltasendero
05-17-05, 02:57 AM
The most millionaires per capita as well (at least it was back in my days).

You are correct sir... At $3,000 per acre, it doesn't take much.

lawfive
05-17-05, 03:02 AM
Still don't know why anybody would expend any calories or risk a beer can to look at Aberdeen...

StealthV
05-17-05, 03:03 AM
And to think, I turned down a job at Bobcat in Lisbon. :hmm:

Jerry, take Highway 12 east out of Aberdeen for 3 hours (1 hour at Maggie top speed) and you'll see my snowmobiles sitting in shop at the farm.

Back on topic, take a listen to the x-pipe here (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/video/stealthv-b-b.html) . Crank it up with a subwoofer on the computer.

Link fixed. :lildevil:

lawfive
05-17-05, 03:11 AM
I remember that video; it hit the theaters right about the time I bought my '05. And I remember thinking, "Why would I want to do any mods to THIS car?" :histeric:

PneuBird
05-17-05, 05:34 AM
I spent four glorious years at Minot AFB.......Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!!! I'm never going back!!! Why not, Minot.....I give you a hundred reasons why not!!! :woohoo: :getaway:

vr6aaron
05-17-05, 09:42 AM
DelataSendero,

Email me at vr6aaron@hotmail.com

Deltasendero
05-17-05, 10:40 AM
And to think, I turned down a job at Bobcat in Lisbon. :hmm:

Jerry, take Highway 12 east out of Aberdeen for 3 hours (1 hour at Maggie top speed) and you'll see my snowmobiles sitting in shop at the farm.

Back on topic, take a listen to the x-pipe here (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/video/stealthv-b-b.html) . Crank it up with a subwoofer on the computer.

Link fixed. :lildevil:

:coolgleam I like the video. It's hard to tell if the BB is going to have more rumble from inside the cabin. It seems louder from this video verus standing behind my corsa.

DansCTSV
05-17-05, 10:52 AM
I just went through this. (See my other posts from this weekend) What you want is the B&B XPIPE with the straight sections in the front. There is almost no resonacne in the car but just a good rumble. It is LOUD, but it sounds great.:thumbsup:

Dan

Deltasendero
05-17-05, 11:18 AM
I just went through this. (See my other posts from this weekend) What you want is the B&B XPIPE with the straight sections in the front. There is almost no resonacne in the car but just a good rumble. It is LOUD, but it sounds great.:thumbsup:

Dan

I read your X-PIPE post. Have you been in a V with Corsa? Just wondering if it's going to be worth the time & effort to sell Corsa and buy the BB.

Deltasendero
05-17-05, 04:27 PM
Anybody want to buy a factory stereo for the V? It won't get used anymore. Day 2 changed my opinion. I made several trips in town today and was starting to like the level of sound a bit more. It seems a little louder in the cabin now. Next I went over to a friends and borrowed his bike and followed him for about 15 minutes through a half dozen stoplights and a short trip on the interstate. That sealed the deal. The sound from behind makes me want to install a bumper mounted microphone and pipe it through to the Bose system.

My expectations may have been a little high since I didn't quite get the same sound as when I fired 'er up after taking off the stock exhaust and just prior to the installation of the Corsa. Sounded pretty ripe coming straight out the CATS.

MSMITH
05-17-05, 07:33 PM
I'll have a Corsa with less than 1k miles on it for sale first of next week when the Maggie, B&B headers and exhaust go on. I'll ship it straight from our dealership if needed. Just email if interested.

msmith3803@hotmail.com

Natedog
05-17-05, 09:03 PM
man i love that video... i dont own a V (yet)... but i listen to that video all the time... the sound of the B&B when the key turns is amazing... good ol fashion american muscle http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/evilsmile.gif

StealthV
05-17-05, 09:56 PM
Just did a sound clip of a Corsa exhaust (Maggie forced) in a similar fashion to the B&B clips I've done in the past. Will post a link later this evening.

Quick observations of the Corsa:
- The exhaust "pop" is :wacky:
- Quieter in cabin
- Higher pitch
- Tips aren't as nice
- 2.5" pipes look tiny

2004ctsv
05-17-05, 10:12 PM
If you want mean ass loud, ask 2005V what he has on his V. I think he said Stainless Works or something similar. Stopped together at a traffic light, at idle he drowned out my Corsa. When that SOB hit the gas, it growled.

His headers from the same company (I think) looked great. Great fit and finish when I looked at a set just out of the box.:thumbsup:

He may be out of pocket since he's getting a blower installed.

Nick - if you see this, let us know who made your exhaust.

The Corsa is more sophisticated and what you put on a luxury car. Noise from a BB is a step up from a fart pipe. It's especially appropriate if you feel inadequate about size. (Hey Rick - that's just a quick reply to your diatribe about the Corsa:histeric: )

Tony

Deltasendero
05-17-05, 10:53 PM
If you want mean ass loud, ask 2005V what he has on his V. I think he said Stainless Works or something similar. Stopped together at a traffic light, at idle he drowned out my Corsa. When that SOB hit the gas, it growled.

His headers from the same company (I think) looked great. Great fit and finish when I looked at a set just out of the box.:thumbsup:

He may be out of pocket since he's getting a blower installed.

Nick - if you see this, let us know who made your exhaust.

The Corsa is more sophisticated and what you put on a luxury car. Noise from a BB is a step up from a fart pipe. It's especially appropriate if you feel inadequate about size. (Hey Rick - that's just a quick reply to your diatribe about the Corsa:histeric: )

Tony

The end of day 2 with the Corsa tells me I made the correct decision. The exhaust sounds a sh*t load better after a few miles on it than when I first installed. I agree with Stealth that the Corsa has a higher pitch. I can absolutely duplicate button number two on the http://www.corsaperf.com/cts-v.htm website for sound and this is music to my ears. Now for the CAGS eliminator... I'll be damned if you can hit any gear besides 4th with the CAGS when you take off like your mom's mom.:nono:

2004ctsv
05-17-05, 11:07 PM
Yeah, Rick may be full of it about the Corsa but his products are top notch. I took off my bastardized, home made CAGS and FFV and replaced them with his. They looked professional and mine looked like a shoemaker put them together. (No wonder there)

Tony

Deltasendero
05-17-05, 11:20 PM
Finally got the paypal issue figured out and order the CAGS Eliminator. Can't wait until he fires up the production line so I can get my FFV. I have a HUGE promotion event, Lex and Terry are coming to town, on June 3rd that I will be required to show off my mods. We are riding into town with Lex and Terry on choppers with myself leading the way with my V (the only 4 wheeled vehicle in the ride). We are riding/driving right into the bar (Playmakers) and taking center stage with our metal. If you have ever listened to Lex and Terry, they will talk about it for weeks to come on national radio. Time to represent the V.

Sandyfoot-V
05-17-05, 11:44 PM
I think you may regret selling the Corsa. While I have not heard the B&B, I am very happy with my choice. I realize the B&B guys are very satisfied, but after a while you may want to listen to the radio or not strain to hear your passengers speak. The Corsa is the perfect compromise in my opinion. I would suggest a few hundred more miles as is-- with passengers on a longer trip-- before deciding.

I will now don my fire-retardant suit. :hide:

StealthV
05-18-05, 12:12 AM
My B&B will never come off for a Corsa after hearing it today - just the way it is for me.

The Corsa is very civilized except for the awful popping during off-throttle. The B&B has more "Get the :sneaky: out of my way!"

Those of you that like your Corsa, I'm happy for you as we all should enjoy our Vs. :cheers:

The same camera was used in the same position for both clips:

Listen to the Stock V Exhaust followed by B&B X-Pipe (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/video/stealthv-b-b.html)

Listen to the Corsa (http://www.nitro-nights.com/2005v/ronr_corsa.wmv)

Life is too short to worry about my exhaust can beat up your exhaust debates. :)

P.S. My first non-FG2 drive today - wow what a difference, it rides like a "Cadillac"

Deltasendero
05-18-05, 10:35 AM
Those are some sweet video clips. The difference appears to be Chevy vs. GMC after watching those vidoes. They both get the job done in just a slightly differrent fashion and you can't go wrong with either one.

Flyboy
05-19-05, 09:33 AM
If you haven't gotten rid of the system, I'll trade you my B & B (professionally installed) for your Corsa. My email address is: flyboy.1@att.net

lawfive
05-19-05, 01:05 PM
Rick,

Since you brought it up, my exhaust CAN beat up your exhaust... it's a half-inch smaller, but it knows gung fu.

StealthV
05-19-05, 01:28 PM
:grouphug:

Deltasendero
05-25-05, 11:58 PM
Flyboy I've decided to keep the Corsa. I'll post the link to my home video of the exhaust to show you why as soon as my host site is up again.:lildevil:

Deltasendero
05-26-05, 12:07 AM
The video is located at http://wah.midco.net/jhannesson/Video/MVI_1730.AVI

Check it out when you get a chance.:drinker

vr6aaron
05-26-05, 12:19 AM
Thats sweet. :crybaby:

Deltasendero
05-26-05, 12:26 AM
My V is in the shop getting the dent taken out of the back (don't ask me what happened:shhh: ) and I play this to keep me sane until I get 'er back.

Harley Guy
05-26-05, 01:25 PM
Had the Corsa on for a few days now and so far pretty happy. The popping when I am off throttle does not bother me. You should hear the sound my Harley makes when you are on it hard and let off. I have to admit that I have not actually heard the BB and after hearing the Corsa live I know that he sound clips do not accurately tell the story. When a group of us get together at Corsa on 6/4 I assume that there will be some different systems there. Maybe we can all make a little noise together.

VELOSE
05-26-05, 02:54 PM
The video is located at http://wah.midco.net/jhannesson/Video/MVI_1730.AVI

Check it out when you get a chance.:drinker
Looks like you're comfortable behind the camera. :yup:

Thanks for providing the new sound too. That sound clip helps. :D

Deltasendero
05-27-05, 05:36 PM
Looks like you're comfortable behind the camera. :yup:

Thanks for providing the new sound too. That sound clip helps. :D

I've had enough practice making home videos of hunting and snowmobiling that I'm used to embarassing myself on camera by now.:histeric: The family gets a kick out of it.

willsctsv
05-27-05, 06:15 PM
If my car went to the gym like me, people would think it was on steroids by the sound of the B&B. The Corsa just sounds like it's a V that took a Multi Vitamin....LOL!

thisisforenetertainmentpurposesonlyandisnotintende dtocondoneorpromotetheuseofillegalsubsancesyadayad ayadayadayadayadayada...