: anyone here lift weights

MrSmith
05-16-05, 09:44 PM
Tell me, Im thinking about lifting some pounds.

Whats the best thing to do, lift weight then eat or eat then lift weights. I just wanna build alittle muscle, I dont really have any body fat. I have a nice tone but not were it looks like Im lifting weights. I want to build some muscle for the summer time.:cool:

illumina
05-16-05, 10:36 PM

Whats the best thing to do, lift weight then eat or eat then lift weights. I just wanna build alittle muscle, I dont really have any body fat. I have a nice tone but not were it looks like Im lifting weights. I want to build some muscle for the summer time.:cool:

I normally bench 50 reps of 150 lbs. with free wieghts, with 10 reps of over 200 lbs. I only do the 200 lbs. when I have a friend over.

I do about 100 reps of 50 lbs. curls and use my 20 lb. dumbells for little exercises to help with my forearms and such.

Crunches and "Rocky" style sit-ups are a must too...And I still have a gut :helpless:

The basic routines above covers just about every night and takes less than 30 minutes.

When I get the chance, I also do some boxing with a few friends and add several forms of martial arts (known as mixed martial arts) to my routine. Alot of times, it will just consist of heavy-bag training in my bedroom where my weights are at...I need to improve my grappling technique though, in which a heavy-bag really doesn't help much in this case...

It is best to use the proper head and hand gear for the above sort of thing...Experience helps too, but it sure doesn't hurt to get your feet wet with a little bit of one-on-one sparring with someone who knows what they're doing when practicing this sort of thing. The last thing you need is some nut-job to spar with that doesn't know how to spar and goes crazy when sparring...Not good at all.

As far as what foods I eat, Hell, I just eat dude. I know nothing other than to try a carb-rich diet with that sort of exercise. I also try and keep meals either an hour before or after I exercise. I don't really know the right way to diet for the kinds of stuff I do, but if someone else does, please let me know.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-16-05, 11:01 PM

I admire the hell out of you mr smith ...i tell ya i went to a gym for 6 months , between broken equipent and long lines i got mad and left ...never got any results ....

I lift 12-16 oz , but i do so many reps that i cant count them ....but i look awseome in the mirror when im done , and so does the girl that i have to chew my arm off to get away from when "the burn" wears off the next morning....

ill be getting back into this soon , my back pain is coming back now that i hadnt been to the gym in 7 months ...that was the only thing it helped on me....so im thinking of doing my own thing with pushups and situps ...hopefully i can build definition without thousands in equipemnt ...

i hear steak is a good thing for lifting ....red meat in gerneal i guess , protein from what i remember is your freind ...massive ammount fo peanut butter ,tuna and shizz like that

good luck my brutha

MrSmith
05-16-05, 11:16 PM
I admire the hell out of you mr smith ...i tell ya i went to a gym for 6 months , between broken equipent and long lines i got mad and left ...never got any results ....

I lift 12-16 oz , but i do so many reps that i cant count them ....but i look awseome in the mirror when im done , and so does the girl that i have to chew my arm off to get away from when "the burn" wears off the next morning....

ill be getting back into this soon , my back pain is coming back now that i hadnt been to the gym in 7 months ...that was the only thing it helped on me....so im thinking of doing my own thing with pushups and situps ...hopefully i can build definition without thousands in equipemnt ...

i hear steak is a good thing for lifting ....red meat in gerneal i guess , protein from what i remember is your freind ...massive ammount fo peanut butter ,tuna and shizz like that

good luck my brutha

I wish I could see your face. hahahaha

So I take it you dont have a 6pak, more like a keg huh? hahahaha

Stoneage_Caddy
05-16-05, 11:20 PM
no i skipped boath ...went stright to a spare tire ....

Ralph
05-16-05, 11:31 PM
Agent Smith. Here is an old thread that might have some useful info for you..

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9643

Stoneage_Caddy
05-16-05, 11:40 PM
i did a thread too .....i gott find it , there was a ton of good info there too

Ralph
05-16-05, 11:42 PM
i did a thread too .....i gott find it , there was a ton of good info there too

I knew someone else did one, FIND IT!!

Stoneage_Caddy
05-16-05, 11:45 PM
http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12200&highlight=ATTN

boo ya !!!

i been searching for 5 minutes for it ....there it is

Stoneage_Caddy
05-16-05, 11:51 PM
man reading thru that im getting mighty modiviated .....time ot restart ....tomorrow starts "getto gym 2005" no equiptment ...just crap i have around the house .....

i think ill start wuth my old alumin wheels and work up to the GM steel rallys on the vette ...then some jogging , situps , pushups ....

gotta eat right too

i aint got nothing to do anymore anyway ...

MrSmith
05-19-05, 12:01 AM
i think ill start wuth my old alumin wheels and work up to the GM steel rallys on the vette ...then some jogging , situps , pushups ....

hahaha I thought about that :rolleyes:

Stoneage_Caddy
05-19-05, 12:07 AM
Sal quit lifting weights , he now lifts city busses

fast66
05-19-05, 12:11 AM
I have been lifting for a very long time.
You would want to eat a small-medium meal about one hour before you work out. The meal should contain mostly complex carbs and protein. Rice is good with teriyaki chicken. Oatmeal is good aswell.Then if you want more muscle and mass you will have to lift heavier weights less reputations. If its your first time in the gym rememebr to warm up with a light weight first. When you are done with your workout you have about one hour to get the most protein you can in your body for mass. This is when you would want to eat a large-xlarge meal. your body will still digest after the hour but it is best if you get food asap. Carbs do matter a little after your workout, but protein is what really gains the muscle mass. Also dont forget to drink gatorade or water during your work out.

Kev
05-19-05, 12:17 AM
If you have a lap pool available in you area you can get your body into pretty fine shape with less risk of damage (you've got to be careful with weights and machines, very easy to hurt yourself if you make a mistake or don't know what you are doing).

Swimming is great well-rounded exercise. You can burn fat, build muscle and sculpt that kegger back into a six-pack and have a good time doing it too.

Just do alternating laps of Australian Crawl, Breast Stroke, Side Stroke (both sides), Back Stroke and if you are really ambitious, the dreaded Butterfly Stroke.

Kev
05-19-05, 12:18 AM
If you have a lap pool available in you area you can get your body into pretty fine shape with less risk of damage (you've got to be careful with weights and machines, very easy to hurt yourself if you make a mistake or don't know what you are doing).

Swimming is great well-rounded exercise. You can burn fat, build muscle and sculpt that kegger back into a six-pack and have a good time doing it too.

Just do alternating laps of Australian Crawl, Breast Stroke, Side Stroke (both sides), Back Stroke and if you are really ambitious, the dreaded Butterfly Stroke.And it's easier on the joints than just about everything but walking.

MrSmith
05-19-05, 12:19 AM
ok so I eat first, weight about an hour than Im ok to lift a bit. Im not trying to be like Arnold or Lew. I just wanna look abit better

fast66
05-19-05, 12:21 AM
yeah give yourself sometime for the food to digest. Because your body needs enrgy to finish the food and you wont have enough to lift wieghts at the same time. If your really skinny then swimming coudl be your best bet. It builds ripped muscles in fast time and is easier on your joints, but I cant swim and ive never been in a pool so I have never tried it.

MrSmith
05-19-05, 12:24 AM
Not real skinny. Im about 5'6 150 lbs. I wanna turn it in to alittle muscle

powerglide
05-19-05, 02:18 AM
I do about 6 reps of 12 FL. OZ's every night......got a nice gut to show for it too!