: Ps3 Revealed!!!!

ben72227
05-16-05, 09:11 PM
Sony *officially* revealed the Playstation 3 console today at E3. So much for that lamo XBOX 360:

EDIT: None of the links work due to bandwidth issues, but in about a day or so:sneaky:, you can check the following sites: PS3.ign.com (http://ps3.ign.com), PS2.ign.com (http://ps2.ign.com) for info.

ANOTHER EDIT: I attached an image of it...:sneaky:

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/614/614727/e3-2005-playstation-3-the-system-20050516054239171.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/614/614727/e3-2005-playstation-3-the-system-20050516054237249.jpg

Boombotz
05-16-05, 09:21 PM
Ben,

There is no attachment to see the pictures.:(

ben72227
05-16-05, 09:25 PM
I fixed it, i think...

Boombotz
05-16-05, 09:28 PM
It is saying Forbidden access denied

ben72227
05-16-05, 09:36 PM
Well, these images just hit the net about an hour ago and naturally everyone's bandwidth is skyrocketing. The site though is PS3.ign.com (http://ps3.ign.com) - maybe it will work for some...

Boombotz
05-16-05, 10:13 PM
Thanks I got it now. It looks bad ass.

DopeStar 156
05-16-05, 10:34 PM
Daaaaaaaaamn They went back to silver huh? Nice choice. It looks great with the exception of the "PlayStation 3" wording. It's in that font that the "Spider-Man" movie title is. I like how it has the flat buttons like certain Apple computers do.

Ralph
05-17-05, 12:04 AM
I can't wait for the ps3 and I heard Core is waiting to produce the next Tomb Raider game specifically for the ps3. Going to be awsome!

I don't know, I read something the other day about the next XBOX and it's going to have 2 cores or actually as powerful as 2 computers! There will be fierce competition between these. I'll try to find that interesting link, if I can..

I just hope my ps2 doesn't die!! I have to load games upside down now because the lazer is near death! Took a look at those new smaller ones and can't believe how SMALL they are!!!

ben72227
05-17-05, 12:26 AM
well, i have to say that Sony abandoning the disc tray for that futuristic slide-in disc thing is pretty cool. Ralph, i've heard that the PS3 "Cell" chip will run laps around the Xbox 360. THe Cell has 9 processors while the Xbox only has 3. It will also be backwards-compatible with the PS2 and PSOne games. And it will support 7 wireless controllers that (by the way) look VERY neat. It's also going to have Wi-Fi and a slot for a hard-drive. It's also going to use the Blu-Ray DVD, which holds 50 gigabytes of info.:bighead:

weister42
05-17-05, 12:33 AM
Ya but see XBox 360 is going to be backed by Microsoft, you can't beat Bill Gates when it comes to making computers...so what if it has 9 processors, watch XBox 360 will be upgradable!!!

^^^ At least I hope...:hide:

DopeStar 156
05-17-05, 12:38 AM
I heard that the PS3 was only PS2 compatible. Also it said there would be two new controller buttons. Ralph, when did you buy your PS2? If you bought one of the first opnes (2000-2001) they'll fix it for free if you say "Disc Read Error" to the person over the phone. Those consoles had bad lasers. They fixed mine for nothing,all I had to pay was shipping. And since my dad works for FedEx that was free too! Call Sony's service line. They might fix it for free.

ben72227
05-17-05, 01:01 AM
Ya but see XBox 360 is going to be backed by Microsoft, you can't beat Bill Gates when it comes to making computers...so what if it has 9 processors, watch XBox 360 will be upgradable!!!

Yeah, he backed the 1st Xbox and it has sold ALMOST 1/3 of what playstation 2 has sold (89 MILLION units). Besides, Bill Gates is good (well, not really) at making Operating Systems, but has relatively little experience with actually hardware. That's why the first Xbox was so big and bulky and UGLY.

I doubt that the next Xbox will be upgradable (in terms of CPU, memory, graphics, etc.) since it would drive the prices up and since the XBOX division of microsoft is the ONLY division to actually NOT make a profit, but be in dept up to 1.2 billion dollars.:sneaky:

Not to mention that Xbox still doesn't have nearly the franchise power of Sony. HALO is awesome, but Sony has GTA, Gran Turismo, Jak, Ratchet and Clank, SOCOM, Sly COoper, Ace Combat, Twisted metal, Devil may cry, and Metal Gear - to name a few:thumbsup:.

Ralph
05-17-05, 01:20 AM
well, i have to say that Sony abandoning the disc tray for that futuristic slide-in disc thing is pretty cool. Ralph, i've heard that the PS3 "Cell" chip will run laps around the Xbox 360. THe Cell has 9 processors while the Xbox only has 3. It will also be backwards-compatible with the PS2 and PSOne games. And it will support 7 wireless controllers that (by the way) look VERY neat. It's also going to have Wi-Fi and a slot for a hard-drive. It's also going to use the Blu-Ray DVD, which holds 50 gigabytes of info.:bighead:

WOW!!

Dope, I have one of the big ones and it was used when I got it!!! Not worth shipping and it's out of warrenty. I think you only get 3 months with certain electronics these days? I would just buy a new ps2 in the meantime because I can't live without it! I can't remember if I bought it last year or the year before. 2003 I think. I've had "disc read error" but most of the time it doesn't load after the first "wave" sound.......you know what I mean. It seems to be a common problem with the earlier Sony models, even for ps1, where the bugs weren't out of them yet. Both Mr. Smith and 93fleetwoodlowlow had the earlier model like mine and they've had to buy the new smaller, thin ps2.

weister42
05-17-05, 01:35 AM
I'm a Xbox fan because I'm seriously addicted to Halo and Halo 2 - I don't want to play anything else (I have 4 other systems) and I spent my share of money on accessories, but right now Xbox is the only one that does dolby digital and HDTV, and you can hack it with a mod chip. I just hope Xbox 360 can do better than that because with my HDTV monitor the grahpics looks damn near to the real thing, so there's not too much they can do with the video department nowadays.

Ralph
05-17-05, 01:47 AM
I'm a Xbox fan because I'm seriously addicted to Halo and Halo 2 - I don't want to play anything else (I have 4 other systems) and I spent my share of money on accessories, but right now Xbox is the only one that does dolby digital and HDTV, and you can hack it with a mod chip. I just hope Xbox 360 can do better than that because with my HDTV monitor the grahpics looks damn near to the real thing, so there's not too much they can do with the video department nowadays.

Ever played San Andreas? It's supposed to be available for XBOX soon, if it isn't already.

I've heard that LCD or plasma tv's don't display faster motion very well because there is a delay...

DopeStar 156
05-17-05, 02:52 AM
WOW!!

Dope, I have one of the big ones and it was used when I got it!!! Not worth shipping and it's out of warrenty. I think you only get 3 months with certain electronics these days? I would just buy a new ps2 in the meantime because I can't live without it! I can't remember if I bought it last year or the year before. 2003 I think. I've had "disc read error" but most of the time it doesn't load after the first "wave" sound.......you know what I mean. It seems to be a common problem with the earlier Sony models, even for ps1, where the bugs weren't out of them yet. Both Mr. Smith and 93fleetwoodlowlow had the earlier model like mine and they've had to buy the new smaller, thin ps2.
It doesn't have to be under warranty for them to fix it for free. This particular problem was a screw up on their part. Sony had put crappy lasers that went out of allignment. These PS2's were the ones from the launch to about 2001. Then they started putting the new lasers in the 2002 batch I believe it was. As long as you didn't try to open it they'll fix it for free. If you bought it used there's a good chance it's one of the original ones, the serial number will indicate this. If you call the customer service line, tell them you're having a disc read error problem and it won't load (I lied and said mine didn't load anything) they'll ask for your serial number. If it's one of the earlier ones, free fix. I don't like the thinner ones, they look goofy to me.

RBraczyk
05-17-05, 06:30 AM
PS3 is garbage. It may have all those "processors" but its just one processor multitasking like a craptasticmac. The Xbox 360 runs on two seperate pentium processors, plenty of DDR ram, 30-40 Gigs of ram, which the PS3 doesn't have, and still is wireless supported as well. The machines are not comparable. The Xbox was far more advanced than the PS2, and this one will be well ahead of PS3. Plus the Xbox has a much greater following now for the 360 over the PS3.

ben72227
05-17-05, 09:09 AM
PS3 is garbage. It may have all those "processors" but its just one processor multitasking like a craptasticmac. The Xbox 360 runs on two seperate pentium processors, plenty of DDR ram, 30-40 Gigs of ram, which the PS3 doesn't have, and still is wireless supported as well. The machines are not comparable. The Xbox was far more advanced than the PS2, and this one will be well ahead of PS3. Plus the Xbox has a much greater following now for the 360 over the PS3.

Are you kidding me RB? The 360 doesn't have THAT much of a following, in fact, that MTV special backfired in Microsoft's face because it showed how desperate they were for market share.:devil:That "one" processor is no ordinary processor either RB: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_%28microprocessor%29
And they both have 512 MB of Ram at 700Mhz, so....The PS3 GPU runs at 550 Mhz while the 360 one runs at 500. And the PS3 runs at 2 TFLOPS while the 360 barely pulls 1 TFLOP.

RBraczyk
05-17-05, 11:37 AM
I'm also recalling from the personal garbage that Ps2 is. The one I have would sketch out and have problems that my Xbox has never had. Plus, Xbox is far better as far as graphics go.

Guarantee that the Xbox is a crapload more reliable than the playstation, as well as running cooler and processing games more efficiently.

There are also multiple versions of Xbox 360 depending on what you want and what you can afford. Plus the processors and components of the xbox 360 will be more customizable and interchangeable.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000267042765/
The ps2 may be slightly faster, but will run hotter and have crappier games.

Plus Halo 3 has been promised, so that will be cool.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-17-05, 12:01 PM
ok i have a few questions

1) will the ps3 take the hard drive from my ps2 the i bought? or will it need a new drive ?
2) how much ?

DopeStar 156
05-17-05, 12:13 PM
I recall somewhere there was a vote for popularity and the PS2 came in 1st, X-Box 2nd, followed by GameCube trailing behind in 3rd. I would expect the PS3 to have a built in hard drive that would probably have a USB transfer system so you could move all your stuff from your PS2 HDD to the PS3's. I would expect it to retail around $350. Same as the PS2 when it first came out. Packages would probably start around $500. I expect big things in the future of the PS3. Sony always had great 3rd party developers for their software. I'd expect a great line-up. ESPECIALLY with Metal Gear Solid 4 already in the works.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-17-05, 12:18 PM
I recall somewhere there was a vote for popularity and the PS2 came in 1st, X-Box 2nd, followed by GameCube trailing behind in 3rd. I would expect the PS3 to have a built in hard drive that would probably have a USB transfer system so you could move all your stuff from your PS2 HDD to the PS3's. I would expect it to retail around $350. Same as the PS2 when it first came out. Packages would probably start around $500. I expect big things in the future of the PS3. Sony always had great 3rd party developers for their software. I'd expect a great line-up. ESPECIALLY with Metal Gear Solid 4 already in the works.
hmmm well i think my ps2 might have a couple good years left in it ...ill wait to buy ps3 till GT5 comes out ....

RBraczyk
05-17-05, 12:39 PM
Oh, one more tidbit. The Xbox 360 is running on an IBM processor with three cores, each clocked at 3.2 ghz, totalling a sexy 9.6 ghz total processing speed. lets see Ps3 come close when they release their specs.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-17-05, 12:46 PM
dont worry they will outrun the box...x box ate into there marketshare too much last time ....they wont let it happen again ....

RBraczyk
05-17-05, 01:32 PM
We'll see when the specs come out

Stoneage_Caddy
05-17-05, 01:49 PM
the only issue with the ps3 i see is they havent said a word about being capable of playing DVDs , if sony embraces this new dvd format that came out on the PSP there could be trouble for them ..now if its capable of playing the DVDs we all have and the new format then they will be fine ....i think that will be a decideing factor ....

will the regualr X box games be able to be played on the 360 ?

Xrayqueen
05-17-05, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know if you can play your old Playstation games on the Playstation 3 console ??? I hope so. We have all the different players Xbox, Cube etc. But Playstation 2 is my favorite :)
Peace :yawn:

Kev
05-17-05, 03:56 PM
WOW!!

Dope, I have one of the big ones and it was used when I got it!!! Not worth shipping and it's out of warrenty. I think you only get 3 months with certain electronics these days? I would just buy a new ps2 in the meantime because I can't live without it! I can't remember if I bought it last year or the year before. 2003 I think. I've had "disc read error" but most of the time it doesn't load after the first "wave" sound.......you know what I mean. It seems to be a common problem with the earlier Sony models, even for ps1, where the bugs weren't out of them yet. Both Mr. Smith and 93fleetwoodlowlow had the earlier model like mine and they've had to buy the new smaller, thin ps2.Bought my PS2 used, had disk read errors, called Sony, they said to ship it on in, they would be happy to fix or replace it for me. When I sounded surprised they said they wanted all their customers to be completely happy and satisfied with their product. I don't remember exactly but it seems to me that if I paid for shipping it was only one way.

powerglide
05-17-05, 03:58 PM
I also heard that the PS3 is a quantum leap above the X360.

The damned thing can run 2 high definition monitors at the same time too.....I don't usually buy video games (had an Xbox for 2 weeks but gave it away to nephews) but this one "I have to see"

Ralph
05-17-05, 05:44 PM
Bought my PS2 used, had disk read errors, called Sony, they said to ship it on in, they would be happy to fix or replace it for me. When I sounded surprised they said they wanted all their customers to be completely happy and satisfied with their product. I don't remember exactly but it seems to me that if I paid for shipping it was only one way.

I just won't trust it if the same one is fixed. There may be other circuits, etc. that are about to go on it and I would just rather get a new one if I have to. It's kind of like with TV's today, why get something fixed on it when all the other parts are about to go or fail? Just buy a new one because traditional TV's with tubes are dirt cheap right now because of HDTV signals arriving, etc.

ben72227
05-17-05, 06:56 PM
Here are the official specs for the PS3:
Product name: PlayStation 3

Logo: PLAYSTATION(R)3

CPU

Cell Processor

PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz

1 VMX vector unit per core

512KB L2 cache

7 x SPE units clocked at @ 3.2GHz each (see RB, that means the PS3 will have 22.4 GHz total, versus the Xbox's 9. You didn't really think Sony would let Microsoft win this time around did you?:devil:)

7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs

7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy

total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS
GPU

RSX @550MHz

1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance

Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels

Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines
Sound

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)
Memory

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz
System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s

VRAM 22.4GB/s

RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)

SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)
System Floating Point Performance

2 TFLOPS
Storage

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1
I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)

Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1

SD standard/mini x 1

CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1
Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)

Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g

Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)

USB 2.0 (wired)

Wi-Fi (PSP)

Network (over IP)
AV Output

Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

HDMI: HDMI out x 2

Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1

Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1
Disc Media CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)
DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

So, like i said RB, its running at 2 TFLOPS, which makes it twice as fast as the XBOX 360 (which is only pulling 1 TFLOP). Also, Xrayqueen, as you can see above, it will be able to play ALL games from the previous playstations.

DopeStar 156
05-17-05, 08:10 PM
the only issue with the ps3 i see is they havent said a word about being capable of playing DVDs , if sony embraces this new dvd format that came out on the PSP there could be trouble for them ..now if its capable of playing the DVDs we all have and the new format then they will be fine ....i think that will be a decideing factor ....

will the regualr X box games be able to be played on the 360 ?
Well, yes it will. If it's backwards compatible with the PS2 then it should because the PS2's software is on DVD-ROMS. PS3 will be using BluRay DVD's which are just beefed up DVD's. I'm still not sure about backwards compatibility with the PS1 but definately PS2. I made a crack about this to a friend of mine saying you only had to keep the even number PlayStations to be able to play everything. Also the PS3 will be able to direct link with the PSP through USB.

ben72227
05-17-05, 08:19 PM
Well, yes it will. If it's backwards compatible with the PS2 then it should because the PS2's software is on DVD-ROMS. PS3 will be using BluRay DVD's which are just beefed up DVD's. I'm still not sure about backwards compatibility with the PS1 but definately PS2. I made a crack about this to a friend of mine saying you only had to keep the even number PlayStations to be able to play everything. Also the PS3 will be able to direct link with the PSP through USB.

Yes it will be able to play PSone and PS2 games (see my previous spec. post at the bottom.) Also besides linking to the PSP with a USB, you can also directly link thorugh a Wi-Fi wireless connection, since both the PSP and PS3 use Wi-Fi. Bill Gates also pointed out that since the 360 too has wireless, you can link the PSP to the 360 as well.:thumbsup:

EDIT: also, about the blu-rays, they aren't just "beefed up" DVDs. thats what Microsoft is using - the HD-DVD, which is developed by Toshiba ( i think) The Blu-Ray DVD uses a Blue laser rather than the normal red laser, which can pick up the smallest of details, thus allowing the discs to pack a lot more info on them (about 50 gigs:bonkers:)

Msilva954
05-17-05, 09:36 PM
im a loyal sony fan....though I have all the systems from all the current manufactures since around Sega Saturn...

No doubt the PS3 is the best next gen system.....even the developers have been cought saying that while designing the new games...the PS3 at times feels up to 10x's as powerful as the X360.....they say its more exciting to develope for too

I for one will buy all the next gen systems ....but its the PS3 that will have the one spot in front of the high def tv for show purposes....

Blu ray.....25 gig on single layer....50 gig on dual layer

HD DVD is hopped up dvd ...but it too uses a laser closer to the blue spectrum

DopeStar 156
05-17-05, 10:49 PM
Yes it will be able to play PSone and PS2 games (see my previous spec. post at the bottom.) Also besides linking to the PSP with a USB, you can also directly link thorugh a Wi-Fi wireless connection, since both the PSP and PS3 use Wi-Fi. Bill Gates also pointed out that since the 360 too has wireless, you can link the PSP to the 360 as well.:thumbsup:

EDIT: also, about the blu-rays, they aren't just "beefed up" DVDs. thats what Microsoft is using - the HD-DVD, which is developed by Toshiba ( i think) The Blu-Ray DVD uses a Blue laser rather than the normal red laser, which can pick up the smallest of details, thus allowing the discs to pack a lot more info on them (about 50 gigs:bonkers:)
I stand corrected. And very pleased too. :coolgleam

Xrayqueen
05-18-05, 12:45 AM
Thank's for all the information !!! I can't wait to buy it :cool: !!!
Peace :)

Ralph
05-18-05, 01:13 AM
Thank's for all the information !!! I can't wait to buy it :cool: !!!
Peace :)

Why not buy both? ;)

I do think the XBOX will be amazing though despite the fact I am committed to the Playstion line-up.

ben72227
05-18-05, 01:18 AM
Why not buy both? ;)

I would definately get both if you can afford it, but if not, just go with the PS3. However, the 360 does have its draws - imagine HALO 3 running on next generation system:canttalk: it makes me drool:devil:. But then again, the Halo killer (Killzone) will be on the PS3 and it was pretty cool on the PS2 (except that the PS2 couldn't handle it;) )

fast66
05-18-05, 05:31 AM
When will it be released?

Blackout
05-18-05, 07:11 AM
XBox 360 will eat into PS3 marketshare even more when it comes out. Xbox 360 is supposed to be released in the US around thanksgiving they were saying. The new Xbox also has webcam's now, a free section for playing games online, download content, and a ebay type setup where you bid on stuff for your XBox and for games as well. I believe I also heard that you can download games as well but I'm not 100% sure on that. But someone was mentioning the the titles that PS2 has over Xbox. Well half of the titles you mentioned are available for Xbox now so I don't see as to what you were trying to prove there and Killzone is in no way, shape, or form a Halo killer. Halo 2 is amazing looking and a much better game then Killzone. Now just multiply those graphics from Halo 2 times 10 and that might get you into the region as to how good the next Halo will look. And I think Halo is doing quite good compared to Killzone since they are starting to film a Halo movie. But the new Xbox has the wireless controllers and if you play games on your computer the wireless controllers from the new Xbox are also PC compatible so you can use them to play your games on your PC. Another good thing is that that you don't need to replace the batteries in the wireless controllers for the new Xbox either. When it starts to get low on power you hook them up to the Xbox and it charges it up while your playing.

fast66
05-18-05, 07:34 AM
I wanna get an xbox 360 now. WHen will the ps3 be released?

ben72227
05-18-05, 09:02 AM
XBox 360 will eat into PS3 marketshare even more when it comes out. Xbox 360 is supposed to be released in the US around thanksgiving they were saying. The new Xbox also has webcam's now, a free section for playing games online, download content, and a ebay type setup where you bid on stuff for your XBox and for games as well. I believe I also heard that you can download games as well but I'm not 100% sure on that. But someone was mentioning the the titles that PS2 has over Xbox. Well half of the titles you mentioned are available for Xbox now so I don't see as to what you were trying to prove there and Killzone is in no way, shape, or form a Halo killer. Halo 2 is amazing looking and a much better game then Killzone. Now just multiply those graphics from Halo 2 times 10 and that might get you into the region as to how good the next Halo will look. And I think Halo is doing quite good compared to Killzone since they are starting to film a Halo movie. But the new Xbox has the wireless controllers and if you play games on your computer the wireless controllers from the new Xbox are also PC compatible so you can use them to play your games on your PC. Another good thing is that that you don't need to replace the batteries in the wireless controllers for the new Xbox either. When it starts to get low on power you hook them up to the Xbox and it charges it up while your playing.

I doubt that anything can seriously eat into Sony's market share. The Playstation has been around for a decade and it has a great reputation. Killzone was as good as Halo, but as I said earlier, the PS2 was grossly underpowered and just couldn't handle the game. But on PS3, it will be awesome:
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/img_2787008.html
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/img_2787006.html

Playstation 3 will also have up to 7 wireless controllers (Dual Shock 3s):
http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614736/img_2786347.html

As for the games, the only XBOX-only games that are good are Halo and maybe Forza. But the PS2 still has exclusitivity to Ace Combat, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Dexter, SOCOM, Virtua Fighter, Tekken, God of War, Gran Turismo, Devil May Cry, and Twisted Metal, to name a few.

As for webcams, the PS has had the eyetoy for nearly 2 years already. And they are all going to have downloadable content because all 3 new systems will have hard drives (Nintendo is going to let you download OLD games from the SNES, N64 and NES to play on the Nintendo Revolution)

Blackout
05-18-05, 04:05 PM
I doubt that anything can seriously eat into Sony's market share. The Playstation has been around for a decade and it has a great reputation. Killzone was as good as Halo, but as I said earlier, the PS2 was grossly underpowered and just couldn't handle the game. But on PS3, it will be awesome:
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/img_2787008.html
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/img_2787006.html

Playstation 3 will also have up to 7 wireless controllers (Dual Shock 3s):
http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614736/img_2786347.html

As for the games, the only XBOX-only games that are good are Halo and maybe Forza. But the PS2 still has exclusitivity to Ace Combat, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Dexter, SOCOM, Virtua Fighter, Tekken, God of War, Gran Turismo, Devil May Cry, and Twisted Metal, to name a few.

As for webcams, the PS has had the eyetoy for nearly 2 years already. And they are all going to have downloadable content because all 3 new systems will have hard drives (Nintendo is going to let you download OLD games from the SNES, N64 and NES to play on the Nintendo Revolution)Well as it is right now I guess Xbox has exclusive rights to the new Half Life game since they are briningit out for Xbox only since the other systems don't have enough power to do the game. But half the PS2 exclusive games you have mentioned have gone onto Xbox as well. SOCOM, God of War, you can keep the twisted metal series cause thats not going anywhere as well as the Vitua Fighter games, as well as yesterdays news Gran Tourismo *Forza owns Gran Tourismo big time*, The Devil May Cry series is getting old now, Jak and Dexter is done with, Ratchet and Clank you can keep. So pretty much the only PS2 exclusive series that I feel is worth a damn is the Ace Combat games. Great game, great graphics, could be even better if brought out on Xbox. But Xbox 360 has a lot more companies going in with them then with the previous system and if the old Xbox took up a decent amount of the market then I can only imagine what the new one will do with more support behind it.

Ralph
05-18-05, 04:08 PM
Tomb Raider will probably always be exclusive to Playstation. I don't think XBOX users should be allowed to get San Andreas made for their system. :D

M STaR 013
05-18-05, 05:20 PM
where's the "XBOX 360 Revealed!!!!" thread? the PS3 is already getting more buzz than the 360 around here.

i'm sure both systems will be frickin' tite, but i think i'll wait for the PS3 as my friends keep saying the XBOX(present version) is soooo much better than PS2 which means the XBOX 360 will also whip PS3. we will just have to wait and see...

Msilva954
05-18-05, 05:33 PM
Its funny though, I remember when XBOX came out, the majority of the people who backed it up were stating that it was much more powerful then the PS2 yada yada yada....but now when PS3 comes out and beats it by Tflop.....they are quick to find some other reason to back it up....HALO...psh..haha

ben72227
05-18-05, 05:40 PM
Of Course the XBOX was more powerful that the PS2; it came out nearly 2 years later. You don't really think Sony is going to let Xbox get the upper hand do you? I mean, HALO is awesome, but its pretty much all that the XBOX has going for it.

Blackout, Forza is tight, but its not on the same level as GT4. And SOCOM is the most played multiplayer on-line game EVER on the consoles and its just pretty awesome too. And you're dissing Ratchet, Jak, and Sly Cooper??? They are the BEST platformer games on ANY of the consoles since Crash Bandicoot is pretty much dead now.

Even if Microsoft gets more support this time around, it won't matter because Sony has had that same support for a decade.

The main point is that the PS3 will grossly outpower the 360 - i mean, its pulling TWICE as many TFLOPS as the 360.

Ralph
05-18-05, 05:46 PM
Finally found that article...

http://www.forbes.com/technology/2005/05/16/cx_ah_0516xbox.html

It looks like the XBOX will be a strong contender..but Sony always had more software companies for variety of games.

"Sony will likely match the Xbox on at least some of the features, such as high-definition gaming and Wi-Fi capability. But Sony's famously decentralized corporate structure means that one division doesn't share technical information with another division, and there is no smooth way for different Sony systems to interact--the notable exception being the ubiquitous Sony memory stick."

"To the best of my knowledge, Sony's next system isn't close to as well-baked as Microsoft's," says Mike Goodman, analyst at The Yankee Group. He suspects that Sony may show the design of its PlayStation 3 but it's not expected to discuss release dates, titles or prices. "I would be shocked if we saw games. Sony only shipped game development kits to software companies six months ago," says Goodman."

Xrayqueen
05-18-05, 05:54 PM
Why not buy both? ;)

I do think the XBOX will be amazing though despite the fact I am committed to the Playstion line-up.

I already have the old Xbox. I hardly use it. I'm more dedicated to Playstation. Playstation is just is more user friendly. Also when I travel it is not as heavy as the Xbox to carry along. So as far as I'm concerned Playstation Rules :worship: :worship:
Peace :D

Ralph
05-18-05, 05:58 PM
I already have the old Xbox. I hardly use it. I'm more dedicated to Playstation. Playstation is just is more user friendly. Also when I travel it is not as heavy as the Xbox to carry along. So as far as I'm concerned Playstation Rules :worship: :worship:
Peace :D

I agree, I love the ergonomics and feel of the PS2 controller. I can't imagine a better one.

More XBOX 360 info...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/factsheet.htm

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/224113_nextxbox13.html

Ralph
05-18-05, 09:27 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4554025.stm

Blackout
05-18-05, 11:35 PM
Blackout, Forza is tight, but its not on the same level as GT4. I know its on a higher level then GT4 is. Until you play Forza you will just not understand. I own both and I played GT4 for all of a week before I got bored. All GT4 is is some updated graphics a few new tracks and some updated cars. It brought nothing new to the table for a racing game. GT4 people diss on Forza because it doesn't have as many cars. Well GT4 might have more cars but I don't need 30 different versions of a Nissan Skyline to get the point across. Forza destroys GT4 in every aspect escept for graphics. Other then that the GT series is going to need to step up to the plate to beat Forza cause right now they are getting left in the dust big time

Ralph
05-20-05, 09:11 PM
PS3 will most certainly have MORE software companies providing for it, which has been the case in the past as well. For me, I like a variety of games to choose from.

Eric2203
05-20-05, 09:15 PM
I know its on a higher level then GT4 is. Until you play Forza you will just not understand. I own both and I played GT4 for all of a week before I got bored. All GT4 is is some updated graphics a few new tracks and some updated cars. It brought nothing new to the table for a racing game. GT4 people diss on Forza because it doesn't have as many cars. Well GT4 might have more cars but I don't need 30 different versions of a Nissan Skyline to get the point across. Forza destroys GT4 in every aspect escept for graphics. Other then that the GT series is going to need to step up to the plate to beat Forza cause right now they are getting left in the dust big time

Erm, the GT4 physics engine is totally new. And that's the whole point of GT4: simulation as real as possible. Nothing new you said ? Not saying it's better, because I don't know the other game, but what you said isn't true.

As far as the PS3 goes, it kills the XBOX 360 hardware-wise. And the first XBOX was designed after the PS2, so that's not surprising it has better performance.

Ralph
05-20-05, 09:17 PM
Question for you guys....

What's the MOST IMPORTANT aspect for a video gamming system to have?? Speed??

Eric2203
05-20-05, 09:35 PM
Be a good game. As in good gaming-experience. Even if it doesn't look too good. Anything else is a bonus. So I guess speed doesn't matter.

Ralph
05-20-05, 09:40 PM
Be a good game. As in good gaming-experience. Even if it doesn't look too good. Anything else is a bonus. So I guess speed doesn't matter.
I wonder if the software will be advanced enough to really take advantage of these system's power? A lot of games lack length, detail and smooth graphics but hopefully that will now improve..

Eric2203
05-20-05, 09:45 PM
I think there's nothing to worry about as far as graphics and details go. They always manage to create something that requires more power. Until it becomes photo-realistic, I'd say we're OK.

Length however... yes please, I'd like a good long game, not something finished in a week or less.

Ralph
05-20-05, 10:08 PM
Length however... yes please, I'd like a good long game, not something finished in a week or less.

I think photo-realism might become boring because it would be like watching a movie, and what's left to strive for after they achieve that realism?? Is that as far as they can go??

Anyway, I sure agree about length! I felt totally "let-down" like I was ripped off after playing through Medal of Honour "Rising Sun." I think I finished it in 4 days. Whereas the previous MOH (with Germans) was VERY long and took some work to accomplish to the end!

Eric2203
05-21-05, 12:11 AM
I don't know... I wouldn't mind being active in a photo-realistic game. In a movie, you're not active. The feeling of immersion would be a lot higher than now. I can't think of anything better aside from Virtual Reality.

If you like "war-games", look up Operation Flashpoint for PC or XBOX. It's old now (2002 I think, even though the XBOX port is new) but it's the best I've ever played. And I'm not usually into these games. Example: real-time game play. I remember a mission where I was supposed to be stealthy. Took me hours to crouch through an entire forest. The enemy is a good shot and you can't shoot your way through the game.

A new OF is supposed to come out next year, but there's not much info out. The company making them has announced a new game out of the blue called Armed Assault. People can't seem to agree on whether it's OF2 or a different game to make us wait until next year for the real thing.

ben72227
05-21-05, 12:11 AM
I felt totally "let-down" like I was ripped off after playing through Medal of Honour

Well it IS Medal of Honor. Ralph, I think its time you checked out Call of Duty or Brothers in Arms:thumbsup:. Medal of Honor has been outdated for a while now...

Ralph
05-21-05, 12:32 AM
Well it IS Medal of Honor. Ralph, I think its time you checked out Call of Duty or Brothers in Arms:thumbsup:. Medal of Honor has been outdated for a while now...

I know, but I don't buy a new game too often. I also heard Call of Duty was good but too short..

I wonder if they plan a MOH for the ps3..

Blackout
05-21-05, 09:41 AM
Erm, the GT4 physics engine is totally new. And that's the whole point of GT4: simulation as real as possible. Nothing new you said ? Not saying it's better, because I don't know the other game, but what you said isn't true.

As far as the PS3 goes, it kills the XBOX 360 hardware-wise. And the first XBOX was designed after the PS2, so that's not surprising it has better performance.Hey congrats they had something new in the game. That still doesn't justify a better looking GT3 game for $50. But play Forza Motorsport and you will never go back. I've already gotten rid of my GT4 game

SilverCTS
05-21-05, 10:01 AM

^^^ At least I hope...:hide:

Gates doesn't make computers. He (Microsoft) is in the software business(Operating Systems, word processors, spreadsheets, etc.).

But fact is, Gates and Microsoft have substantially deeper pockets (much more $$$$$$$$$) than Sony or Nintendo. Microsoft only allocates a small fraction of it's R&D budget to the XBox. If they were really serious about the home video game market, they could invest a lot more money and totally blow away the competition. Just ask Netscape. Explorer (IE) had a 2% market share, now it has 90% of the market.

Blackout
05-21-05, 01:25 PM
Gates doesn't make computers. He (Microsoft) is in the software business(Operating Systems, word processors, spreadsheets, etc.).

But fact is, Gates and Microsoft have substantially deeper pockets (much more $$$$$$$$$) than Sony or Nintendo. Microsoft only allocates a small fraction of it's R&D budget to the XBox. If they were really serious about the home video game market, they could invest a lot more money and totally blow away the competition. Just ask Netscape. Explorer (IE) had a 2% market share, now it has 90% of the market.This is true also. I guess Bill doesn't see this as a huge money maker so I guess he's not looking to go balls to the wall on it. Or maybe he's trying to go witha smarter side and trying not to max it out so that there will be a future for gaming and not make the best system possible and then what is the next step after that?

Eric2203
05-21-05, 08:04 PM
Hey congrats they had something new in the game. That still doesn't justify a better looking GT3 game for $50. But play Forza Motorsport and you will never go back. I've already gotten rid of my GT4 game

I hear you. And I don't know Forza. What I'm trying to say is that the only 2 selling points GT4 has are graphics and realism. Graphics, you've agreed they were better than Forza (I'll take your word for it). Realism, well that's why people buy the game. New physics for such a game means entirely new game. Because that's all there is to it. Peope who want racing games where they never need to hit the brakes don't play GT4.

Again, Forza may be better, but all I'm saying is that GT4 is new. Just because of physics, which is its only interest, really.

Ralph
05-21-05, 08:05 PM
'E3 EXPO MARKS NEW DAWN FOR GAMES"

"By then, fans of the Grand Theft Auto franchise will be able to play a version of the game, called Stories from Liberty City, on the PSP.

And there were signs that game makers have learnt how to get the best out of the PlayStation 2, a machine that is five years old.

Among these was the first-person shooter Black, shown behind closed doors, and due out early next year.

Another first-person shooter, Far Cry: Instincts Time for the Xbox, also showed promise."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4568593.stm

adam_mcd
05-22-05, 12:36 AM
haha, watch adam jump in late

ps3 > 360

microsoft even admidted it...saying "its not about being the top in hardware" (game informer). mustve taken a cue from ps2; even when the xbox's hardware made the ps2's look primitive, it still outsold mainly because of strong consumer base and 3rd party support. well...the xbox doesnt have a strong consumer base (ok, compared to playstation), and 3rd party support really only comes from the big dogs (EA, ubisoft). and come on! its not even using HD-DVD! its using the same damn thing its using now! thats 8 gigs of dvd space, compared to the 55 with blu ray, and even the 30-50 with HD-DVD (dont know exact figs, anyone know?) that the nintendos thing is using. san andreas used up 7.5 gigs of dvd space...and its not that big of a game compared to what could be made in the future, and what will be expected in the next years.

gt4 > forza > gt3

forza's all right, but all the cars handle the same, just like in gt3. gt4 is a game for people who love cars. forza is for the children of said people.

ben72227
05-22-05, 12:49 AM
For all of you doubting the awesomeness of killzone (i.e. blackout:sneaky: ), check out this video of actual real-time playing footage of Killzone for the PS3:

http://streamingmovies.ign.com/ps3/article/614/614854/sonycon_games_06_killzone_wmvlow.wmv
(warning: its big, so if you don't have broadband, i wouldn't try to download it)

Eric2203
05-22-05, 02:57 AM
This is an awesome trailer, but this isn't real-time. It's pre-calculated. There's no game info up for example (ammo, health, whatever...). It's rather too smooth in the moves too. If there's a player behind a controller there, he is damn good. That's why I say it's not real-time.

Anyway, here's what to watch:
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html

Watch the Sony press conference. It's 1 h 50 mins, but go to 38 mins. They show you a real-time sequence from the future Unreal 3 engine (lasts 2 mins). And then to prove it's real-time, they replay it, pause it and start moving the camera around. It's insane.

There are a lot more demos in the press conference, but I don't have time to watch the whole thing. I did spot (at 1h 00min 47 sec) a 3d rendered landscape. The guy says they used a satellite map and a height map combined to recreate 3d landscape. And it only uses the Cell processor, not the Nvidia RSX video chip to do that. I can only imagine what both combined can do...

Blackout
05-22-05, 11:13 AM
gt4 > forza > gt3

forza's all right, but all the cars handle the same, just like in gt3. gt4 is a game for people who love cars. forza is for the children of said people.Your crazy!! GT4 is not a game for car lovers. Thats the more kiddy like game compared to Forza. If your saying all the cars handle the same then you have never played the game. IGN did a comparison test of GT4 vs. Forza and Forza won all the technical aspects of the game while GT4 won the graphics part. The physics for Forza are so much better then GT4's it not even funny. Forza is a game for car lovers because you can do engine swaps and they actually give you the engine code names and everything of to the engine you want to swap in. For example I have a Nissan 280ZX with a swapped in RB26DETT from the Skyline and its making 700+ hp. The price of mods in Forza comapred to GT4 are so much more realisitic ie. not needing to pay 90k credits for slicks like in GT4. The give you a dyno chart when you modify your car and not just say 200 hp --> 225 hp. Forza has a drag strip while GT4 has the 400m run on the las Vegas strip and you have to turn during the drag race its no a straight line. In GT4 you can do turbo's or superchargers. Well which ever one you get they sound the same. In Forza a turbo sounds like a turbo and a supercharger sounds like a supercharger. Then you have online play, custom soundtracks, the ability to download other peoples setups for your car and of course GT4 has N20......that is not what a real car guys uses for racing

Night Wolf
05-22-05, 04:01 PM
Heh, it was only last week I heard about PS3 coming out!

I thought PS2 still had a couple years... has it really been that long?

I love my PS2, I loved my PSX, and I will love my PS3 when I get it. Mine has not had any problems, and I leave it on for weeks at a time. That disc read error was a simple fix too, just gotta open it up. I have played Xbox, the only game I like is.... Halo... and the only reason I like it is because of Halo parties... 16 people, all on teams and stuff, it is great. Other then that, IMO PS2 is far better.

I wasn't aware these systems are coming out this year though!.....wow, I know what I want for Christmas :) When does PS3 come out anyway?

My favorite types of games are racing games by far... then cool FPS like Halo, and 3rd person shoters like SOCOM, MGS and Mercinaries.

It is funny though, all the take with Xbox vs. PS2 was that Xbox is more powerful 9which ment nothing....as has been proved) but now that the PS3 is alot more powerful, all the Xbox guys have jumped ship and said it dosn't matter.... gosh, just like the Democrats :)

I think for a 333mhz processor that the Emotion Engine in the PS2 is, they have done a damn good job... and just like the PSone, they were still squeezing more out of it until the bloody end....

adam_mcd
05-22-05, 05:17 PM
it seems you dont know much about gt4.

turn during a drag strip? omg you dont have to turn, its a straight 1/4 line, that turn you see is well AFTER the 1/4 mile. where the hell did you get the idea that you had to TURN in GT4's 1/4 mile? i dont even think you have played the game.

IGN? you're really going to listen to IGN? lemme rephrase that question: IGN? HAHAHA! forazas physics are shot...every car handles the same and the only way to actually make the damn car handle realistically is to take off all the driving aids and even than, take a corner and the cars gonna under/oversteer no matter what. and you can hear the difference between turbo and superchargers in GT4..i dont think you know what the real sound is. forza exaggerated it for..how do i say this; "people like you?"

there are dyno charts in GT4...once again, you havent played the game, so dont speak ahead.

guess the price of a set of touring tires in real life...thats right, around GT4s prices.

engine swaps? omg that sure means youre a car lover. your a tuner. forza is for tuner lovers than. tuners are just a bunch of snot nosed kids. therefore, with logic, forza is for kids.

Eric2203
05-22-05, 10:17 PM
[...]
When does PS3 come out anyway?
[...]

Spring 2006 I believe.

Night Wolf
05-22-05, 10:58 PM
Spring 2006 I believe.

:( so it wont be a Christmas gift....

oh well... I am still enjoying the PS2

Ralph
05-23-05, 12:35 AM
:( so it wont be a Christmas gift....

oh well... I am still enjoying the PS2

One of my above links mentions all the dates. I'll have to stretch out the ps2 also, but the games now for ps2 are taking maximium advantage of the systems power because the software companies have learned to adapt to it better since new. Fear naught!

ben72227
05-23-05, 12:56 AM
Yeah guys, we still have lots of awesome PS2 titles to look forwards to this year:

Metal Slug 4&5
MOH: European Assault
Killer 7
Destroy All Humans!
America's Army
Burnout: Revenge
L.A. Rush
SOCOM 3
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
The Godfather
50 Cent: Bulletproof
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Ratchet: Deadlocked
Star Wars Battlefront II
The Matrix: Path of Neo
Black - (This is definately going to be an AWESOME FPS):D (it uses the same engine as Burnout, so you can imagine how fast it will be...)
007: From Russia with Love
WWE Raw vs. Smackdown 2:sneaky:
and last but not least, Hitman: Blood Money
and those are just the really good ones i know about. i'm sure there will be tons of crappy ones

DopeStar 156
05-23-05, 02:24 AM
For me, my main reason to get a PS3, Metal Gear Solid 4.

Eric2203
05-23-05, 04:11 AM
A lot of speculation out there regarding that Killzone 2 video. Pre-rendered or real-time ? Read this and choose:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone2/news_6126204.html

I really don't know anymore.

Night Wolf
05-23-05, 03:06 PM
One of my above links mentions all the dates. I'll have to stretch out the ps2 also, but the games now for ps2 are taking maximium advantage of the systems power because the software companies have learned to adapt to it better since new. Fear naught!

THAT is another difference between the PS2 and Xbox.... and also PSone... remember they were STILL squeexing more out of the PSone even when PS2 was out?

the Xbox uses regular computer hardware, all the software compaines already now how to make a game on the computer, and the Xbox is not much different then that, so the games that were out when Xbox first came out were already almost pushing the edge on what the system could do.

PS2 on the other hand is different, it takes the compaines a little while to get used to the hardware, so even years later, they are still getting better at it and always producing better and better games.

Ralph
05-23-05, 05:11 PM
THAT is another difference between the PS2 and Xbox.... and also PSone... remember they were STILL squeexing more out of the PSone even when PS2 was out?

the Xbox uses regular computer hardware, all the software compaines already now how to make a game on the computer, and the Xbox is not much different then that, so the games that were out when Xbox first came out were already almost pushing the edge on what the system could do.

PS2 on the other hand is different, it takes the compaines a little while to get used to the hardware, so even years later, they are still getting better at it and always producing better and better games.

Good points!!! I think that also, like what Ben said, we can enjoy a few more BIG HITS for the ps2 like San Andreas, for example because software companies have the ps2 figured out now, and I've noticed also that some of the best games come out for the system in the final years, BUT, this doesn't last too long as software companies start to project their energies into the newer system, etc.

I can't wait to see some of the commercials that should be coming out for these new systems...

Night Wolf
05-23-05, 07:38 PM
another funny thing about Forza vs. GT4

I really don't want to get into the argument... but one of the points was made that GT4 had the better graphics...

wait...

a game that came out... what? 8 months before the other... on a system about half as powerful.... let alone a system that was so called known to be inferrior to the Xbox when it comes to graphics.... and now it has the better graphics?

Definitly seems strange to me....

I'll choose the Emotion Engine in the PS2 over he Celeron in the Xbox any day.... It is funny how it is advertised as a Pentrium III, when it really is a Celeron (what we like to call a Celeron II) gosh, I used to know all the details, back 5 years ago when I really cared and would argue about it now, but I have since forgot them. I also know the Xbox is kinda starved when it comes to the bus speeds and getting data back and fourm form the RAM and graphics section, while the PS2 has more bus capability then really is needed, and everything is tied in together. The Sega Dreamcast was similar... kinda how it was able to come out with such graphic-intensive games wayyyy back when, and that system had about half the specs of the PS2..... gosh, that really was a great system... the last Sega system too... it is a shame, they had great games...

Ralph
05-23-05, 10:50 PM
Looks like Microsoft is serious about taking on Sony.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4568917.stm

"Hironobu Sakaguchi is a name unknown to many outside his native Japan.

The fortunes of Microsoft's new console, the Xbox 360, in Japan, rest largely on his shoulders.

The original Xbox has fared badly there, struggling to sell in one of the world's liveliest video games market.

Only 1.7 million have sold in Asia.

That compares with more than 13 million in the US and another five million in Europe."

ben72227
05-23-05, 11:13 PM
:histeric:
Ralph, it doesn't matter. The Japanese will only buy Japanese products; and lets face it - they have two great choices - the PS3 or the Nintendo Revolution. They aren't too keen on FPS and prefer RPGs. and since Sony has Final Fantasy...well there you go:rolleyes: Its just like they don't buy american cars, why would they buy an american console???:sneaky:

Ralph
05-23-05, 11:24 PM
:histeric:
Ralph, it doesn't matter. The Japanese will only buy Japanese products; and lets face it - they have two great choices - the PS3 or the Nintendo Revolution. They aren't too keen on FPS and prefer RPGs. and since Sony has Final Fantasy...well there you go:rolleyes: Its just like they don't buy american cars, why would they buy an american console???:sneaky:

Microsoft does extremely well in Japan with its other products.

As for American car sales in Japan, well, how many American cars are offered for sale there? Virtually none.

adam_mcd
05-24-05, 01:57 AM
xbox 360 has final fantasy 11.

ps3 as final fantasy 12.

DopeStar 156
05-24-05, 07:56 AM
Nintendo Revolution... So that's their next console huh? I thought they were gonna fall behind in this wave of consoles.

ben72227
05-24-05, 08:54 AM
I thought they were gonna fall behind in this wave of consoles.

Oh, they will still fall behind just like they did with the Gamecube. However, even though their system is way behind the 360 or the Ps3, Nintendo is supposed to have something up their sleeves with the controllers. Supposedly the controllers will have sensors all over them so that they can feel your finger tips glide over the controller. Pretty radical huh?:bighead:

M STaR 013
05-24-05, 04:09 PM
when is the fantasy actually going to be finalized?! dang they keep coming out with those! heh, naw i have nothing against those games i don't even play them just makin' a funny.

i'm gonna git a PS3

adam_mcd
05-25-05, 01:45 AM
i guess you can play EVERY nes, snes, 64, and gamecube game on the revolution, be it with some connection-thing or downloading them on the harddrive. now dont quote me on this but i heard this on the grapevine. it would be a great reason to pick up a revolution over a 360. perfect dark on the 64? mario kart on snes? ooooh yea..

..now THATS backward-compatibality.

DopeStar 156
05-25-05, 01:54 AM
I was told that the PS3 would feature new buttons on the controller. I wonder what they've got in store? Also what kinda linking will it be able to do with the PSP?

Eric2203
05-25-05, 05:45 AM
i guess you can play EVERY nes, snes, 64, and gamecube game on the revolution, be it with some connection-thing or downloading them on the harddrive. now dont quote me on this but i heard this on the grapevine. it would be a great reason to pick up a revolution over a 360. perfect dark on the 64? mario kart on snes? ooooh yea..

..now THATS backward-compatibality.

Yeah I also saw that on the Wall Street Journal. You'd buy them (or a bunch at once I guess ?) over the net and store them on the HD.

DopeStar, I think the PSP has Wi-Fi capabilities (too lazy to check right now :P). Not sure though. But the PS3 will. So that might be how they'll connect.

DopeStar 156
05-25-05, 07:28 AM
The PSP definately has Wi-Fi.

Ralph
05-26-05, 04:47 AM
This looks to be one of the first titles.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4576471.stm

MrSmith
05-26-05, 06:33 PM
http://www.ps3land.com/images/offps36.jpg

This remote doesnt look like its gonna be comfortable. I like the old controller. this one looks like its gonna be alittle difficult to reach the R and L buttons.

All I have are racing games, I think its time for me to invest in other stuff, I dont want alien games. I do like Ace combat. I dont wanna Mortal combat, so what else is there??

Ralph
05-26-05, 06:36 PM
http://www.ps3land.com/images/offps36.jpg

This remote doesnt look like its gonna be comfortable. I like the old controller. this one looks like its gonna be alittle difficult to reach the R and L buttons.

All I have are racing games, I think its time for me to invest in other stuff, I dont want alien games. I do like Ace combat. I dont wanna Mortal combat, so what else is there??

That controller might not be too bad?

you don't like first-person shooters like Doom, Quake or Duke Nukem?

MrSmith
05-26-05, 06:41 PM
That controller might not be too bad?

you don't like first-person shooters like Doom, Quake or Duke Nukem?

If there anything like Metal Gear or Syphon filter. those are the only two shooting games I had. besides GTA. other than that its only been racing and flying. I did a few adventure games like Odd World on Ps, Residential Evil {hated it} and heart of darkness but I havent really gotten into the other stuff. I need a change now.

Ralph
05-26-05, 06:46 PM
If there anything like Metal Gear or Syphon filter. those are the only two shooting games I had. besides GTA. other than that its only been racing and flying. I did a few adventure games like Odd World on Ps, Residential Evil {hated it} and heart of darkness but I havent really gotten into the other stuff. I need a change now.

First person shooters means you see only the firearm or a crosshair on the screen of your character and you are free to walk around an environment and do your business. If you've seen any of the first Tomb Raiders, I believe they are called Third person because you see your entire chracter that you control on the screen.

I cannot get enough of Doom, or Quake 2 or Duke Nukem Total Meltdown for the ps1 and I've played them over and over. I believe Syphon Filter are third person. Medal of Honour is another great first person shooter.

MrSmith
05-26-05, 08:37 PM
OK, I see now. I think I like the third person shooters. I like seeing my charactor. Im headed to Videogames.com to see what I like.

Ralph
05-27-05, 12:52 AM
OK, I see now. I think I like the third person shooters. I like seeing my charactor. Im headed to Videogames.com to see what I like.

Well, what did you buy?? :D

MrSmith
06-06-05, 08:19 PM
:(

Ive come to the realization that I dont know. I dont think I like anyting. I guess Ill go to blockbusters and just rent anything.

I guess Im so hooked on cars that all I can think of is whats Poly Phony Sony gonna come out with besides GT, or whats the next GTA gonna be, or Will I like Splinter Cell. I cant really say that I like anything new out. Im the only person I hang out with.:hmm: Dang! Im pity ful

Ralph
06-06-05, 08:24 PM
I think I read on BBC.com that the new XBOX is going to be released at a much lower price of about 300 U.S. dollars instead of the 500 something they were initially projecting. They want to break into Sony sales badly!

Sony should have a LOT of new games with this new system! Apparently soon, the San Andreas game will be available for XBOX and it will be improved over the PS2 version!!

dhs
06-06-05, 10:58 PM
:yup: Any news on how much the ps3 will sell for? It sure looks a lot better then the nintendo revolution, I like how the controllers will be all wireless from now on. Also I can't wait too see how my psp will sync up to the ps3.

Ralph
06-06-05, 10:59 PM
:yup: Any news on how much the ps3 will sell for? It sure looks a lot better then the nintendo revolution, I like how the controllers will be all wireless from now on.

I'll go see if I can find that awsome link on BBC right now.....

Ralph
06-06-05, 11:03 PM
Found one page, but look to the right side of the page, you won't believe some of the pics and techno info in those links!

ps2 sold 90 million copies WW!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4565553.stm

Ralph
06-10-05, 12:56 AM
I can't wait for this one.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4574839.stm

Even though it's for ps2 in the fall, It's what I've been waiting for, and they are making it more like the first games and NOTHING like "Angel of Darkness."

Imagine Lara on the ps3!

MrSmith
06-10-05, 07:32 AM
I like adventure game Like Lara Croft. Ive never actually played it, but I liked Pitfall. It was similer.

dhs
06-10-05, 03:32 PM
Personally I like survival games like resident evil or silent hill much better then Lara Croft. I can't get very excited about a new Lara Croft game. The two games I would most want to see for the ps3 would have to be grand theft auto and grand turismo 5.

Ralph
06-10-05, 09:12 PM
I had Pitfall for the 2600, but there is a HUGE difference, same idea but huge difference. It's truly amazing trying to find your way out of a huge jungle, or scaleing the Great Wall in China, exploring caves with packs of wolves running around or being chased by an immortal Egyptian Mummy, or a T-Rex, etc.

I can't wait!! It's like a world you can lose yourself in!

Agent Smith, get yourself one of the first few Tomb Raider games, YOU will thank me later! Get one before they become difficult to find!