: Millburn, NJ Classic Car Show/I Met Sandy!!!

DopeStar 156
05-15-05, 11:08 PM
The DopeStar himself, and Sandy. Haha! He's a cool guy in person! We had fun at the show. I'm horribly tired though, I'll be going to bed early tonight.....
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/DSCI0004.jpg

The rest of the pics are here, (http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/) enjoy!

Night Wolf
05-15-05, 11:26 PM
My gosh, you guys gotta be the most oppisite people.... sharing an intrest :)

looks like it was a blast! too bad I didn't know aobut it, I would have came down!

Don't worry Sandy.... one of these weekends I'll be comin' down! :)

tomm
05-15-05, 11:27 PM
Photo album is empty! ?

** Never mind - It's working now. Must have been a glitch.

Night Wolf
05-15-05, 11:27 PM
BTW, good pic of your car... the car and new top look great! defintly very clean... makes my mothers '89 Brougham look like a dump.... well, it is just in dire need of TLC (and lots of it) :)

Nice car :)

Night Wolf
05-15-05, 11:30 PM
BTW pick up some Meguires Plastix cleaner stuff.... it'll take that yellow haze in your cornering lamps out real quick :)

Night Wolf
05-15-05, 11:34 PM
OMG!

my 2 favorite cars that I *will* own one day were there...

'59 DeVille convertible (too bad it wasn't an Eldo :( )

'55 Coupe DeVille hardtop

gosh, adn the '59 has white leather interrior!.... oh man.... one day..... one day....

Although whats up with that '55? on the fender it is supposed to say "Cadillac" in the really cool script, instead it says "Coupe deVille" which is supposed to be on the rear quater panel...... did somebody goof in the restore?

Sandy
05-15-05, 11:47 PM
Whoaaaa....Dope, CONGRATS!! I didn't know you won a trophy!! Way to go!!!

NightWolf, the reason for the change in the nameplate is/was that car was a VERY rare (I have never seen one, before) SEVILLE !! When the Seville option was selected, the side fender change in nameplate was in effect.
Seville? What's a Seville? It had a VINYL ROOF (see photo). The roof was silver, and so was the interior and the special material headliner. The car was perfect in all details. It was a differnt "vinyl" that a modern day vinyl. It was grained, but felt like a spray on grained paint. Hard to describe. The car was a stand up car all the way around.

One car that I thought was cool, soly because there are NONE left on earth, was a red Rambler American Convertible, in mint condition, with factory BUCKETS and a 4-speed stick. Simply mentally conflecting in every way.

All in all a good day.

Night Wolf
05-15-05, 11:56 PM
Wow.... you are right, that does have the Seville option!....

man... truely an amazing car.......

makes me cars look like childrens toys :(

Looks like it was a great show to be at :)

Elvis
05-16-05, 12:23 AM
We have a trophy winner in our midst. That's HUGE.

Congrats, dude. That's a beauty.

DopeStar 156
05-16-05, 12:51 AM
Hahaha Sandy I did what you told me, I went up to the guy and told him he had a nice Seville, LOL! He stood there for a second and was a tad shocked. I won 3rd Place Best of Show in my category, 1980-Present. I got beat by a 96 Camaro SS, and I think it was a 99 Trans-AM. It was funny, I didn't expect to really win anything, I was just having a good time and I heard "The winner for 3rd place 1980 to present, *Screwed up my name beyond recognition* '89 Cadillac!" over the PA and I was like, "Whaaa?!" I actually made friends with the guy with the 56 Coupe. He even let me sit in it! He left around noon not caring if he won something, later on he won 1st place in the 1950's category. The pictures don't do some of these cars justice. (although I concider myself a very good photographer) The overall presence of that 59 Coupe was breath taking. It was like standing infront of a legend.

Spock
05-16-05, 03:29 AM
Good going Dopestar! A mighty fine looking car.

turbojimmy
05-16-05, 09:34 AM
I wish I had known or I would've come down to Millburn. The GN was clean and everything since I had it at the King of the Hill show in Mine Hill on Saturday. I didn't do much of anything on Sunday.

I think there's a bunch of local shows coming up anyway. There's a Father's Day one in Roxbury, another on at County College of Morris sometime in the summer, and there's the weekly Tuesday night hangout at McDonalds in Succasunna (suck a what?).

Jim

Sandy
05-16-05, 10:22 AM
Sauna !

Suck a Sauna ! :) I can't go to any of them! My cars have governers on them that do not allow them to leave EsSEX county :histeric: (or so friends tell me !) In August I always go to the GTO show, usually (but not always) on Rt 10 in Whippany. It's a really great show, but I think that they read the Farmer's Almanic and plan it for the day when it's gonna be 94 degrees with 75% humidity ! I swear it.

D148L0
05-16-05, 11:38 AM
I'm glad you could get together.

Congrats, Dopestar.

RBraczyk
05-16-05, 11:46 AM
Why is it that every time I look at that picture I see Viva la Bam?

turbojimmy
05-16-05, 11:55 AM
Sauna !

Suck a Sauna ! :) I can't go to any of them! My cars have governers on them that do not allow them to leave EsSEX county :histeric:

I'm guilty of the same thing to an extent. The insurance policy and registration on my car limit my miles to 3k per year. I usually come pretty close to that without going way out of my way to car shows. Most of it is to the track and back, but I do like to cruise around on nice days.

The Tuesday night cruise at McDonalds is only a few miles away so I go there pretty regularly. Every year it's the same BS, too. Car has to be 25 yrs or older, except 'special interest' cars. 'Special interest' means any Corvette, cars that belong to friends of the organizers, Lamborghinis (there's one every year) and motorcycles. And my GN, but not without a lot of debate. We're going to try to get my brother's T-type in this year but we don't hold out a lot of hope for success.

Jim

DopeStar 156
05-16-05, 03:04 PM
I got the same crap from the people at that show. They really suck.

Sandy
05-16-05, 06:43 PM
Sometime during the season there's usually a nice "Caddy Only" show in or around the area of Rt. 10 around Whippany / Denville area, *BUT* the powers that are only will allow 1980 and older cars on the show field.

Ralph
05-16-05, 06:51 PM
I can't believe I missed this thread!! Been too busy writing about Lutz.

Congrats!! Some nice cars there and that Caddy sure looks fine! You didn't drive the 60 out for the event Sandy??

I like the old towtruck.

Sandy
05-16-05, 08:17 PM
No, I woulda taken the Sixty, but the leg hertz too much and I knew I could only stay like 2 hours before pain set in. So, Sexty Oops, Sixty stayed home. This week I have a big appt. to have her totally serviced. Oil Change, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, Air Filter, check all fluids, add air to tires, Total Radiator/Cooling system flush, check Rr. differential fluids, chassis lube and then she is having her coming out party. A real nice Sunday morning drive to nowhere at 6 AM when nobody is on the road. Come home to a hand wash and blow dry.

Ralph
05-16-05, 08:24 PM
This week I have a big appt. to have her totally serviced. Oil Change, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, Air Filter, check all fluids, add air to tires, Total Radiator/Cooling system flush, check Rr. differential fluids, chassis lube and then she is having her coming out party. A real nice Sunday morning drive to nowhere at 6 AM when nobody is on the road. Come home to a hand wash and blow dry.

Most women WISH they were treated THAT GOOD! :shhh: :)

slk230mb
05-16-05, 09:06 PM
No, I woulda taken the Sixty, but the leg hertz too much and I knew I could only stay like 2 hours before pain set in. So, Sexty Oops, Sixty stayed home. This week I have a big appt. to have her totally serviced. Oil Change, Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, Air Filter, check all fluids, add air to tires, Total Radiator/Cooling system flush, check Rr. differential fluids, chassis lube and then she is having her coming out party. A real nice Sunday morning drive to nowhere at 6 AM when nobody is on the road. Come home to a hand wash and blow dry.

Is that gonna push her past 10k, ala Ralph?

DopeStar 156
05-16-05, 11:43 PM
That's it Sandy, give her a good day out. I'm gonna go polish-up my trophy tomorrow and put it somewhere where the sun gleams off it. Hahaha!

Sandy
05-17-05, 09:05 AM
Mileage is 9,821. Service garage is 3 & 1/2 miles there & 3 & 1/2 miles home or 7 miles. Should be 9,829 or so ~ The ride will be about 12 miles, so we should return to the nest with like 9,845 :) 10,000 miles should come in 2007, at the current rate.

Dope, is that your 1st ever trophy ???

DopeStar 156
05-17-05, 06:27 PM
This was my first ever show. And I won something, imagine that. It's the only trophy I have that doesn't say "Participant" on it. Stupid childhood....

Sandy
05-17-05, 06:38 PM
I'm glad you came & we met & that you win ! :bouncy: :banana:
Sorry I had to leave early - but the leg was starting to complain :rolleyes2

D148L0
05-17-05, 07:42 PM
This was my first ever show. And I won something, imagine that. It's the only trophy I have that doesn't say "Participant" on it. Stupid childhood....
LMAO!! heh, heh, heh, heh!!!

Adam
05-17-05, 07:54 PM
well congrats man! were there any modified cars there (like lowriders)? i dont guess so, doesnt look like it was one of those kind of shows. i went to a car show last year when the Fleetwood was completely stock except for the window etchings, and was parked in the show area but wasnt in the show. they were showing my car for the etching (the company who etched it who is a buddy of mine). the judges walked around my car and judged it! i wasnt even in the show. they came to me and asked where my paper was and i told them i wasnt in the show, just a show car. they said oh, well ok. and you know who won the 90 & up section, a guy with a 90 Brougham that had nothing done to it except straight pipes out of the back. damn i coulda won if id of entered. congrats man, that is pretty cool.

SupaFly
05-17-05, 08:14 PM
OMG I'd love to go to one of these shows but I would be ashamed of the condition of my car and definitely have to park somewhere away from all the bigshots.

DopeStar 156
05-17-05, 09:05 PM
OMG I'd love to go to one of these shows but I would be ashamed of the condition of my car and definitely have to park somewhere away from all the bigshots.
I don't think you would've needed the assistance of the car to win something Supa. :eyebrow: They had a "Modified Import" category, meaning ricers but yeah there were a couple there I think.

Ralph
05-17-05, 09:59 PM

You can always park beside me. I won't ding your doors. ;)

Adam
05-17-05, 10:35 PM
I don't think you would've needed the assistance of the car to win something Supa. :eyebrow: They had a "Modified Import" category, meaning ricers but yeah there were a couple there I think.

Dope- i think that is pretty damned cool that you won a trophy. no lowriders there though i take it.

Supa im telling ya, let me and a friend of mine get a hold of your car for a week or two and we'll have you winnin shows in no time. lets see you wanted white right? ok triple white with, how's about white vinyl seats with blue buttons (seats done like the old Brougham D'elegance's) and blue piping? blue every where else. some blue wires with chrome dishes (14x7s of course). or we could go with some gold Daytons with chrome dishes. a thick white wall. 2 pumps 6 batts with a custom trunk to match your interior and hide the pumps and batteries and make it look like a couch. whaddya think? sound nice? just give me the money and me and you will have matching Fleetwoods (well when mine is done hehe).

I won't ding your doors.

LOL! :histeric:

Ralph
05-17-05, 10:37 PM
Don't give him your car Supa, he'll drive it off a cliff by accident or something!!! :lildevil:

Adam
05-17-05, 10:40 PM
Don't give him your car Supa, he'll drive it off a cliff by accident or something!!! :lildevil:

OK 1) i would never do that to a pretty girl. and 2) more importantly i would never do that to a Fleetwood. jeeze Ralph im just trying to help her win a show, dont get so damned jealous. let the girl win a show or two and quit trying to crush her dreams. bastard :devil: ahehehe.

Ralph
05-17-05, 10:41 PM
OK 1) i would never do that to a pretty girl. and 2) more importantly i would never do that to a Fleetwood. jeeze Ralph im just trying to help her win a show, dont get so damned jealous. let the girl win a show or two and quit trying to crush her dreams. bastard :devil: ahehehe.

:crybaby: :crying: :shocked: :crying: :crying:

besides, if she wants a trophy, she'll just ride there in my car with me and she can have the trophy I win. :D ;)

Adam
05-17-05, 10:49 PM
why would she want a plain old boring trophy like the one you'd get when she could get best of show or best lowrider or best paint? and why would she want a trophy that didnt belong to her? jeez Ralph the girls got a dream and you wont give it to her save for the trophy the judges give you cause they felt sorry for you driving all the way down from Canada. actually come to think of it i dont think they give trophies for "nice try." oh, i know you aint gonna let me do you like that now!

Ralph
05-17-05, 10:55 PM
Ralph--> :kick: <--Adam

:sneaky:

Adam
05-17-05, 10:59 PM
Ralph--> :blasted: <-- Adam :tease:

you aint got nothin to say? i know you aint gonna let ole lowlow get ya like that now.

Ralph
05-17-05, 11:03 PM
Adam--> :( :brutal: <--Ralph :gnome:

powerglide
05-17-05, 11:04 PM
My gosh, you guys gotta be the most oppisite people.... sharing an intrest :)
LOL!

Adam
05-17-05, 11:13 PM
Adam--> :( :brutal: <--Ralph :gnome:

whats a matter creampuff aint got nothing to say? :p come on you cant let ole lowlow just do you like that.
Adam -->:gun: :brutal: <-- Ralph

:drinker :drinker <--Adam & Ralph

Ralph
05-17-05, 11:17 PM
whats a matter creampuff aint got nothing to say? :p come on you cant let ole lowlow just do you like that.
Adam -->:gun: :brutal: <-- Ralph

:drinker :drinker <--Adam & Ralph

You win. Better to have a drink. :thumbsup:

DopeStar 156
05-17-05, 11:36 PM
Adam---> :gun: :brutal: <---Ralph
:gossip: <---Dope and Supa makin' plans for a night out....

Ralph
05-17-05, 11:37 PM
:gossip: <---Dope and Supa makin' plans for a night out....

Doooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :annoyed:

D148L0
05-17-05, 11:39 PM
Supa im telling ya, let me and a friend of mine get a hold of your car for a week or two and we'll have you winnin shows in no time. lets see you wanted white right? ok triple white with, how's about white vinyl seats with blue buttons (seats done like the old Brougham D'elegance's) and blue piping? blue every where else. some blue wires with chrome dishes (14x7s of course). or we could go with some gold Daytons with chrome dishes. a thick white wall. 2 pumps 6 batts with a custom trunk to match your interior and hide the pumps and batteries and make it look like a couch. whaddya think? sound nice? just give me the money and me and you will have matching Fleetwoods (well when mine is done hehe).

LOL! :histeric:

:eek: Don't you dare to come close to my car, man... ;)

DopeStar 156
05-17-05, 11:42 PM
Wait, I got a better one....

:farting: :fan:

LOL! Everyone thanks for the trophy props.

DopeStar 156
05-17-05, 11:44 PM
Doooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :annoyed:
Ralphie that's what we in America call "OWNED!"

Ralph
05-18-05, 12:50 AM
Ralphie that's what we in America call "OWNED!"

I know! I never heard that term outside this forum!

Dooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh! :rant2:

DopeStar 156
05-18-05, 12:58 AM
I know! I never heard that tems outside this forum!

Dooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh! :rant2:LOL! Ralph you're the man. You can have my trophy if you make the drive to come get it.

Ralph
05-18-05, 01:02 AM
You can have my trophy if you make the drive to come get it.
No no, you earned it!!! I would have loved to go to that show with you guys though! Maybe swing over to the Big Apple, meet Supa. Someday perhaps. :thumbsup:

To go here to Ottawa is a 3 day drive so it's doable.

Adam
05-18-05, 01:15 AM
:eek: Don't you dare to come close to my car, man... ;)

YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!! the girl just wants a trophy for a cool car. jeez she cant have a dream of owning a nice car?!? ya bastard, she just wants a trophy and a nice car and you wont let her have one:D . whats so wrong with lowriders anyway? why do people hate them so much? im not saying you dont (whether you do or not, i dont know) but why? they are classy, cool looking and always get the ladies. (and in her case the guys).

Dope, dream on brother dream on.

DopeStar 156
05-18-05, 02:25 AM
:farting: :fan:

The ladies love a man with maturity. And I am full of it. :coolgleam

Sandy
05-18-05, 06:38 AM
There were 2 "Ricers" at that show. I only focused on one. It was white with a bunch of black, white & orange numerical decals on it. I think it was a Mazda. No lowriders that I saw. There was a really nice gold Avanti that DopeStar didn't photograph, and a trio of 100pt Ford Country Squire Wagons from 1966 that were members of some American Station Wagon Club. One had been a prior Grand National 1st Place winner.
A really unusual car was a little old Rambler American CONVERTIBLE in red, with bucket seats & a 4-speed.

Adam
05-18-05, 12:54 PM
im not big into shows without lowriders. i like other kinds of cars but lowriders just make a show if you ask me. i mean you can only look at stock restored old cars for so long and then you just get bored. and lowriders are completely different and you almost never see the same thing. candy paint and murals. of course you can only look at lowriders for so long and then that can get old. that is why they have hop contests. i went to a show one time and they wouldnt let me enter cause my car was "a lowrider and they dont like those kind of cars infesting their car shows." it told them they needed to quit being so racist and allow cars other than classics into their shows. shoot i even stood up for them honda boys on that!