: New guy here....have an exhaust question

Platinum05
05-15-05, 10:49 PM
Hello to everyone, I just got my V a couple weeks ago (at Chesrown--great dealer and well worth the 3 hour drive). Got a quck question for you guys:

I have a B&B x-pipe system on the way and I was wondering if anyone has had an exhaust installed on their V at a chain muffler shop like Midas or Monro. I considered having it done at the local dealer when it goes for an oil change, but I'm concerned that they will either refuse (warranty) or charge me way too much. I don't have a garage to work in, so it would be difficult to do myself. Any thoughts?

Mike

2004ctsv
05-15-05, 10:55 PM
The exhaust swap is an easy home garage project.

If you don't want to do it yourself but want it done right, drive over to Stropes in Washington, PA. Plus, they are familar with V's.

Tony

Welcome to the club

vr6aaron
05-15-05, 11:34 PM
Does the factory exhaust bolt off or do u have to cut it? I had the same question.

Platinum05
05-15-05, 11:41 PM
Wow, someone from Pittsburgh. Thanks for the tip on Strope's, I'll probably be heading there when the exhaust arrives. Looks like a nice shop.

Aaron, as far as I know it simply unbolts with no cutting (no solid rear to loop over)

StealthV
05-16-05, 12:03 AM
Here's the pictoral installtion of the B&B x-pipe. The B&B bolts right up to the factory flanges. Get the V up in the air and use simple hand tools. Took me two hours the first time, can swap the exhaust now in about 15 minutes. :)

http://www.stealthv.com/b&b_x-pipe_installation.htm

Dennisscars
05-16-05, 12:04 AM
Welcome to the obsession.:welcome:

It's super easy thanks to :worship:StealthV..
http://www.stealthv.com/b&b_x-pipe_installation.htm

see... always a car length ahead...:worship:

Platinum05
05-16-05, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I saw the installation guide on Stealth's website and it does look easy, but I don't have a garage to work in. I suppose I could do it at my parents' garage, but the 140 mile drive and a busy schedule make that a less favorable option.

BTW, when will the FFV's be available again?

Mike

Dave's V
05-16-05, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I saw the installation guide on Stealth's website and it does look easy, but I don't have a garage to work in. I suppose I could do it at my parents' garage, but the 140 mile drive and a busy schedule make that a less favorable option.

Mike

At least you'll have a reason to drive your V about 2 hours each way.

Harley Guy
05-16-05, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=Platinum05]Wow, someone from Pittsburgh. Thanks for the tip on Strope's, I'll probably be heading there when the exhaust arrives. Looks like a nice shop.QUOTE]

Actually there are three of us her on the forum from Pittsburgh. In fact, on 6/4 a group of V owners are going to the Cleveland area to tour the Corsa and Mallett facilities. Two or three of us are going to make the run up together. You are definitley welcome. We are planning to meet in Cranberry and go from there. :grouphug:

StealthV
05-16-05, 01:13 PM

Mike

Mike, find a nice parking lot on a sunny Saturday for the exhaust swap. :)

Most of the backordered FFVs will ship today. There may be one or two FFVs available later this week; waiting for a couple of people to see if they still want their backordered kits. Next batch of FFVs is four weeks out.

Platinum05
05-16-05, 06:34 PM
Harley Guy- thanks for the invite, but I'll be on vacation then. Hopefully you guys can taunt some Browns fans for me.

Looks like I'll just wait for the next batch of FFV's. Its probably good that I cool it for a while anyway, my girlfriend is ready to strangle me for spending all my loot on car stuff.:want: :)

2004ctsv
05-16-05, 06:39 PM
Harley Guy- thanks for the invite, but I'll be on vacation then. Hopefully you guys can taunt some Browns fans for me.

Looks like I'll just wait for the next batch of FFV's. Its probably good that I cool it for a while anyway, my girlfriend is ready to strangle me for spending all my loot on car stuff.:want: :)

Sorry - we can't taunt Browns fans- we're going to Cleveland, not Baltimore

Tony

urbanski
05-16-05, 06:44 PM
oh man that hurt :mad:
I'm a born Cleveland native :(
don't say the Balt... word around me :(

heh
:)
it's all good