: Mark This Forum As Read

Ranger
11-13-13, 09:52 PM
Anyone else notice that double clicking the ICON at the left no longer marks the forum as read? The FORUM TOOLS button at the top still works.

admin
11-15-13, 10:21 AM
Thank you for the report, we will looking into this matter.

Regards,

MD

admin
11-18-13, 02:28 PM
This issue should be fixed now. :)

Regards,
CG - Community Support

Ranger
11-19-13, 09:09 PM
It was fixed for a while this afternoon, but seems to be back to the same old problem again this evening. :annoyed:

AAIIIC
11-20-13, 12:18 AM
OK, dummy here - what icon on the left? The only way I know to mark a forum read is using the drop down Forum Tools menu.

Ranger
11-20-13, 11:07 AM
On the main forum page. To the left of each sub forum you should see square with a quote bubble in it. You are supposed to be able to double click on that button and it should change color and mark that forum as read.

RippyPartsDept
11-20-13, 12:46 PM
I've been having an issue where my "settings" page will show threads that i've read (when it's only supposed to show unread threads)

and some of the unread threads that it shows on that page are threads that i did just read

usually over time it sorts itself out and behaves normally ...

Submariner409
11-20-13, 12:51 PM
On the main forum page. To the left of each sub forum you should see square with a quote bubble in it. You are supposed to be able to double click on that button and it should change color and mark that forum as read.

If he's a Moderator, will double clicking the quote bubble lock the thread ?

Ranger
11-20-13, 02:05 PM
Only if you are IN the sub forum where the ICON is an envelope inside of the button. I'm talking about the main page http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/forum.php

EDIT:
Seems to be working properly again. :bonkers:

AAIIIC
11-21-13, 12:23 AM
I'll be damned. And it appears that each of the sub-forums can be marked read using the smaller quote bubble next to them. Whaddyaknow?!

Submariner409
11-21-13, 08:36 AM
As we have all opined in the past - You become a Moderator and there's no primer: It's ALL done by OJT. Best thing to do is go to Team (Moderator test forum) and MCP - fool around.

thebigjimsho
11-23-13, 12:26 PM
There are other forums that mark everything as read after you leave the site. I certainly hope that with whatever processes take place, that setup won't exist.

Forums such as LS1tech, shoforums, diymobileaudio all will show only new responses from the time you last logged off to current. Makes it so that you read everything in one sitting...or else you can miss content.

Really ruins the whole experience for me. I've always loved the CF for being able to come in quickly for something, leave, and not miss anything...