: Hi from germany

LittleNo
05-15-05, 09:36 AM
hey folks! i'm from germany and spend a lot of time on EFI stuff like TPI swaps ...

last week i repaired some electrical stuff on a friends 92 STS, and since i drove that car a bit, i'm sure i want my own STS :rolleyes:

at the moment i drive a 91 Caprice with TPI, and now i'm looking for a 98-up STS (but i will keep the caprice, it's simply a too cool car to give it away)

you have a cool board here, so i will take a look in here from time to time - maybe i can add a little help with my electronics-skills

powerglide
05-15-05, 03:54 PM
welcome!

glad to have you on board.

(I love those Caprice's....sweeet!)

D148L0
05-15-05, 04:15 PM
Willkommen to the forums.

CADDYBLACK99
05-16-05, 09:46 AM
Welcome LittleNo!

Its nice to hear from our eurpoean friends! Thanks for joining the forum. How easy is it to find cadillac's for sale there in germany? Good luck.
:welcome:
Paul

LittleNo
05-17-05, 07:24 AM
How easy is it to find cadillac's for sale there in germany? Good luck.

Some models are available as "official European Models" from GM - for them there are many dealers (not so many like BMW or Mercedes dealers, but not hard to find) - at the moment this models are the CTS, STS, XLR and SRX.

But to get a car, which is only available in US, is really hard, nearly impossible - not because of finding them, it's because of the european regulations (for example to get a Escalade here, you would have to convert the headlights, dir. lights, and some other things, to fit the european rules and laws - but even if you do that, you would get in trouble to pass the emission test)

Willkommen to the forums.
was that a typing error or a little german accent? :rolleyes:

D148L0
05-17-05, 11:53 AM
Some models are available as "official European Models" from GM - for them there are many dealers (not so many like BMW or Mercedes dealers, but not hard to find) - at the moment this models are the CTS, STS, XLR and SRX.

But to get a car, which is only available in US, is really hard, nearly impossible - not because of finding them, it's because of the european regulations (for example to get a Escalade here, you would have to convert the headlights, dir. lights, and some other things, to fit the european rules and laws - but even if you do that, you would get in trouble to pass the emission test)

was that a typing error or a little german accent? :rolleyes:
Both. I took german lessons (Humboldt School) for about 10 years...