: OK, New Question

Brett
05-14-05, 09:45 PM
If you had to have a car price range 50-80k for the next 10 years, what would it be?

Things to take into consideration. Will the styling get old? Can this car even last that long? will my friends think im broke cause I have a 10 year old car?:)

Could be an SUV. Im sure there are some 10 year old rovers out there that are in good shape.

My first nomination would be the current S-Class mercedes, i think the styling of that car is somewhat timeless and will look good even in twenty years.

slk230mb
05-14-05, 10:09 PM
STS AWD Fully loaded. 10 year old Cadillac's don't look outdated yet.

Katshot
05-14-05, 10:42 PM
I'd probably agree with you Brett. Mainly because the European marques (M-B in particular) tends to update models very gradually. Making "evolutionary" rather than "revolutionary" changes. This is obviously NOT something that the American marques seem interested in. Most introduce rather radical changes quite often and also seem to like to discontinue and introduce models on a whim.

Elvis
05-14-05, 10:58 PM
My first nomination would be the current S-Class mercedes, i think the styling of that car is somewhat timeless and will look good even in twenty years.

That's the only nomination you need. I second it. Great car.

Let's just accept it by acclamation and close the thread. Case closed.

I still like the look of the previous generation S-class. I hated it when my father's old 420 died.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-14-05, 11:13 PM
You cant go any more timeless then the 911 Porsche

I am a fan of the s class 2 door(s600 i think) , ive seen 3 in person and there is something about them i like :
http://www.marselis.nl.com/MyS600C1%20(EG).jpg

another one of my favorite timeless desgins is this one the 380sl :
http://www.arnoldclassiccars.com/cars/r3c4.jpg

well i guess any SL for that matter , ive always liekd those

Lexus to me (oddly enough) still look new after many years , depending how well there finish and other exterior bits are kept ...

But to be honest brett , i think the key to any car looking new after 10 years and no one making fun of you for it is the upkeep , and how it looks , garage kept and nothing but the best waxes will keep the lowlyiest corolla looking like a new car years from now ....

Hell people that dont know cadillacs think mine is new , ones that do frequently comment on how well it looks ....

It also doesnt hurt to TASTEFULLY update the cars looks thru factory wheels and such

powerglide
05-14-05, 11:19 PM
yeah....*grudgingly* a Benz is a good call.....they look classy always.

I checked out CL600 today (2002), freakin beauty....I say get the 2003+ with the twin turbo 12 cylinder and you'd be set for a decade.

Stoneage_Caddy
05-14-05, 11:23 PM
yeah....*grudgingly* a Benz is a good call.....they look classy always.

I checked out CL600 today (2002), freakin beauty....I say get the 2003+ with the twin turbo 12 cylinder and you'd be set for a decade.
i had to look that one up ...i like that too ....man i really like those the more i look at them ...i had seen my 3rd s600 today , its been on my mind since ....i just like REALLY BIG coupes ...just looks like a kickass car to jet from here to cali in ...and be in style when i get there

Stoneage_Caddy
05-14-05, 11:28 PM
http://speedycars.chinacars.com/wallpaper2/mb/Mercedes-Benz%20CL600%202003%20-%20065.jpg

pic was too big , click to get it i really didnt want to screw up the thread

powerglide
05-14-05, 11:30 PM
Real beauty.....no B pillars, looks killer with the windows down!!

AMG CL 65, Black on Black (700 ft lbs of torque) would be timeless.

Even if its 10 years old it will......

"naku ko mo damaru" _ Japanese saying. Translation:

........."shut up a crying child"

Playdrv4me
05-14-05, 11:52 PM
Range Rover

500SL

I for one can't stand the current S-Class or the one thats coming, yes they can be made to look flashy and nice, and Id probably drive the S65 AMG when it comes down in price, but I dont think its going to last 10 years looking appealing. For that you have to go 99 or prior. The 500SL only barely slips in there.

HotRodSaint
05-15-05, 09:50 AM
A used Rolls Royce or Bentley will never look used, only classic.

But the real question is what do you intend to use this vehicle for besides impressing your friends and neighbors?

I think you should narrow your vehicle needs down to a sports car, coupe, sedan, wagon, SUV or truck first, then try to figure out what works in your price range.

Will rising gas prices effect your decision? What about the makes maintenance and repair costs? Do you want a me too vehicle, or do you want to be an individual? Is luxury more important than performance? Plain or peanut? Diet or regular? Would you like it supersized?

Where is Sandy to use his years of experience car sales skills to qualify your needs and sell you a car?!!

Jesda
05-15-05, 03:00 PM
I'd buy a $500 1984 Dodge Caravan. Theyre so ignored that no one will know youre driving it. Thats what I call timeless!

RBraczyk
05-15-05, 06:08 PM
Infiniti M45. Will never ever lose its class, handles like a dream, awesome stock rims, beautiful perfect interior and a decent V-8. Don't think you can go wrong there.

davesdeville
05-15-05, 08:52 PM
I'd go old school with my 75 Deville since it's already a classic. Pimp it out a bit, hot rod the powertrain... keep a few grand in case something breaks.

HotRodSaint
05-17-05, 10:49 AM
Infiniti M45. Will never ever lose its class, handles like a dream, awesome stock rims, beautiful perfect interior and a decent V-8. Don't think you can go wrong there.

I like the new M45 too.

RBraczyk
05-17-05, 11:39 AM
My mom and stepdad have the M35, and despite the garbage engine and throttle response, its a nice car.

05moonstone
05-17-05, 12:39 PM
Always liked the classic lines of Jaguar XJ's, and the new one has just enough tweaks to it to make it perfect for 10 years or more.