: V + Maggie + Corsa + StealthV "V-Power" tune

ronr
05-14-05, 03:30 PM
Talk about waking up the car!

I've been running with my Maggie for about 2 weeks and just installed my Corsa from the TBYRNE group purchase and had StealthV install his "V-Power" tune yesterday. The improved exhaust note and lightening fast throttle response from the tune are intoxicating. Too bad it rained really hard today and the roads are all wet but I'm still having a blast.

Also running on a new set of S-03 Pole Position tires. Love the ride and grip but seem pretty loud (not that I can hear them any more over the Maggie whine and the Corsa :D )

wildwhl
05-14-05, 04:16 PM
Ahhh....so I'm no longer alone as a member of the "V-power" addicts :)

Welcome...Rick has some sweet tuning going on, and he has only just begun :burn:

DILLIGAF
05-14-05, 04:18 PM
I need this tune,no dyno's around,dealer did generic ls2 edit on my car,I think.I don't know much about this.Just know my car needs woke up!

wildwhl
05-14-05, 04:21 PM
rp64ctsv -

PM Rick aka StealthV

Not sure he's totally ready to go yet, but get in the loop now while you can.

Bill

DILLIGAF
05-14-05, 05:21 PM
Wild,Thanks for the tip.I've used some of your numbers for comparison.I've yet to find an accurate way to time roll offs.I hope stealth can help me,give me a reason to get off my butt and get those frc's!2 birds one stone

tgt
05-14-05, 06:00 PM
Talk about waking up the car!

I've been running with my Maggie for about 2 weeks and just installed my Corsa from the TBYRNE group purchase and had StealthV install his "V-Power" tune yesterday. The improved exhaust note and lightening fast throttle response from the tune are intoxicating. Too bad it rained really hard today and the roads are all wet but I'm still having a blast.

Also running on a new set of S-03 Pole Position tires. Love the ride and grip but seem pretty loud (not that I can hear them any more over the Maggie whine and the Corsa :D )

What's the going rate for the StealthV tune, what's changed, and has anyone dyno'd post op? :) Also, is he doing tuning for non-Maggied V's? (sorry for all the questions...just keepign up n my research!) ;)

Thanks!
Travis

ronr
05-14-05, 06:16 PM
What's the going rate for the StealthV tune, what's changed, and has anyone dyno'd post op? :) Also, is he doing tuning for non-Maggied V's? (sorry for all the questions...just keepign up n my research!) ;)

Thanks!
Travis

Haven't dyno'd yet but it's significantly different. StealthV's personal V is non-maggied and I doubt it's the stock tune
:sneaky:

Some of the improvements include:
· Improved throttle response
· Reduced heavy flywheel “rpm hang” effect
· Cold engine protection (rev limiter based on coolant temp)
· Improved cooling fan strategy (197 *F max temp)
· A/C compressor disabled automatically in spirited driving
· CAGS eliminated (of course!)
· plus a couple of other goodies you're just gonna love

You'll have to pm him re: pricing and availability

urbanski
05-14-05, 07:08 PM
:(
:)

tgt
05-14-05, 08:10 PM
Haven't dyno'd yet but it's significantly different. StealthV's personal V is non-maggied and I doubt it's the stock tune
:sneaky:

Some of the improvements include:
· Improved throttle response
· Reduced heavy flywheel “rpm hang” effect
· Cold engine protection (rev limiter based on coolant temp)
· Improved cooling fan strategy (197 *F max temp)
· A/C compressor disabled automatically in spirited driving
· CAGS eliminated (of course!)
· plus a couple of other goodies you're just gonna love

You'll have to pm him re: pricing and availability

Unforunately I'm unable to PM, view profiles, any of that stuff, not sure why :hmm: . Maybe you have to have a certain number of posts. :annoyed:

-Travis

wildwhl
05-14-05, 08:19 PM
Travis -

Try contacting him via his website:

www.stealthv.com

tgt
05-14-05, 08:20 PM
Travis -

Try contacting him via his website:

www.stealthv.com (http://www.stealthv.com)

Thanks!

erp2863
05-14-05, 11:34 PM
Can I get a discount with all the free advertising I'm giving you with my plates? :yup:

StealthV
05-15-05, 12:47 AM
A discount for those plates? Absolutely! :thumbsup:

The tunes are currently in the hands of two forum members with Maggies and a fourth non-Maggie forum car will be online this coming week. My V has been running a custom tune since January 2004. Since there are literally thousands of changes to the tunes and I'm an anal perfectionist engineer, we're developing a user base of pilot vehicles at a controlled rate to ensure the tune meets everyone's needs.

Since my headers are here collecting dust, I've been polishing off the naturally aspirated tune and validating that everything is ready for the Vs with stock cast iron manifolds. Urbanski will be piloting the B&B header tune in a few days and my goal is to get the headers installed on my V next weekend providing the UUC shifter arrives in time.

The tunes have all had countless miles of real world street testing with wideband O2 validation, full monitoring of the engine data along with acceleration numbers and other perfomance factors. Looking at the total development miles, I would estimate well over $1,500 in gasoline alone has been spent on tuning and literally countless hours of driving and working at the computer reviewing data logs.

Tuning on the dyno, for max dyno results is a trivial task. Tuning for everyday driving on the street in real world conditions is much more involved. The drivability improvements are tremendous - it will not disappoint.

There are still a couple of areas non-performance related to be completed in the tunes and they will be ready in a couple of weeks.

urbanski
05-15-05, 08:32 AM
:worship: