: Spark Plug Question

pvanbeveren
05-14-05, 11:41 AM
Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried the split fire plugs in their Northstar engine? I used them in a few other cars I owned and got between a 5% and 10% boost in gas mileage. Was wondering if I could expect the same on the Northstar before I bought them?

Thanks in advance for responding

pvb

deftonez99
05-14-05, 03:45 PM
you should only use ac delco plugs in your car. They run about 5-6 per plug but are well worth it.

Eldyfig
05-15-05, 01:04 AM
Not blowing you off, but do a search and you will find plenty of info on this subject.

As for me, I had Bosch Platinum +2s in mine for a while. Finally got tired of their performance and sent them back to Bosch for a full refund. I put the ac delco dual platinums in there and I am 100% pleased. Will never try a different plug again on the North*.

Katshot
05-15-05, 08:23 AM
Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried the split fire plugs in their Northstar engine? I used them in a few other cars I owned and got between a 5% and 10% boost in gas mileage. Was wondering if I could expect the same on the Northstar before I bought them?

Thanks in advance for responding

pvb

I have to ask, how the heck do you confirm a 5% change in MPG? That's what, 1MPG? You'd have to be pretty damn consistent with your driving to verify that and to be honest, I'd bet a fresh set of ANY plug would give you that. I use AC Delco RapidFire plugs and have had good luck with them.

pvanbeveren
05-15-05, 10:02 AM
I had a 1989 Prelude that got around 17 MPG. I drove over 100 miles per day to and from work on the Interstate at 75 MPH every day. After I replaced the plugs I consistently got 21-23 MPG. I drove the car 3 years and put 110K miles on it in that time. The increased mileage was noticed at the gas pump and my wallet.

Thanks for the information, it is greatly appreciated.

pvb