: Another Shout Out to Jake!!

Caddydrummer67
11-11-13, 08:07 PM
I haven't posted for a while, but I wanted to give my thanks to Jake as well. He made time for me back in August to stud my 2002 STS on a weekend while I hung out in Winkler.
Went with the MLS gaskets. I had done the block test and had a very slight change toward blue-green after about 15 minutes of pulling vapor through the fluid. Sure enough, about five head bolts had pulled loose, so it was only a matter of time. While doing the repair, Jake called me every few hours to let me know how it was progressing and Evrett gave me a ride to and from my motel in Winkler. No problems on the 500 mile trip home, no problems since. My STS is now pretty much complete with the exception of some minor interior details.
Thanks Jake.

Speedygman
11-12-13, 09:02 AM
Jake has always been very helpful to me and my Hot Rod NorthStar project, Folks need to realize that he is burning the candle at both ends and is very busy and that might lead to some confusion. In my case he always came through in GREAT fashion. I highly recommend him. Good things come to those that have patience's.

Ranger
11-12-13, 10:22 AM
I may be wrong, but I think I recall him saying he got out of the repair end to concentrate on manufacturing and distribution.

Submariner409
11-14-13, 07:53 AM
That is a true statement - but, knowing Jake, I'll bet the farm that he can't keep his hands off of a Northstar engine for long .....