: 99 STS Speakers

Firewireman
05-13-05, 10:27 PM
My right front Bose speaker in the passenger door is failing. The sound is all garbled and it rumbles when it should thud. I've been looking around and can't find a replacement for some reason. First, where are some good places on-line to look for my replacement speaker? Second, Is there any easier way to replace this thing than rip out the interior of my door? The grill looks like it's fastened on from underneith so the only way to get at it is to take the interior door panel off. I also bought a Haynes service manual for this. It says to remove the door lock, but my 99 looks nothing like the picture. The only thing I can remove is the door control console that has the window and mirror controls. The door handle and the lock button don't look anything like the pictures, or able to be removed as the book says. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

98STS-Dave
05-14-05, 10:02 PM
hey man i got a 98 sts and have the same problem with the driver side door speaker um let me get back to u i look it up on a mitchel at my school
later

Firewireman
05-22-05, 10:57 PM
Not quite sure what a Mitchel is, but any luck?

6thCAD
05-22-05, 11:19 PM
I had the same problem with my '00 STS drivers door speaker, very annoying. It is very easy to replace the door speaker, about 30-45 minute job and I am not very mechanically inclined. You do have to take the door panel off, but it is not that bad. The GM part number for the speaker is 25717924. The dealer charges around $137 plus tax, so therefore get it from gmpartsdirect.com where I did for $62 plus $12 shipping. They are really much cheaper on parts, shipping takes about 2-3 weeks, but well worth the money savings! I have some instructions on how to remove the door panel and replace the speaker that I bought, but I will give them to you, just email me and I will email them to you.

Firewireman
05-23-05, 08:51 PM
6thCad - thanks for the info. I'm fairly new so I'm not sure how to e-mail a member directly. Can you help me out a little? Thanks again!

6thCAD
05-23-05, 11:27 PM
It would not let me email you through the forum, it says I don't have that privilege?, so email me at lear45@cox.net. Thanks.

Dooman
05-24-05, 08:57 AM
A guy named Danbuc has a link to the place to get new, BOSE speakers for our STS... seen it and I too, have a blown passenger front door speaker..

alex6999
06-02-05, 03:25 AM
is there airbag in door in 99 STS?
Can it shoot?

D148L0
06-02-05, 11:06 AM
OK guys, here is a site with detailed instructions for removing the speakers in your 99 STS':

http://www.carstereoremoval.com/htm/stereoremovalCadillacSLS96_99P.htm

It also repairs head units and speakers... this has been posted a lot of times before.

Rob_M
06-02-05, 06:16 PM
I'd think twice about replacing that with another crappy bose speaker. I'm gonna just get a set of 5 1/4's for under a hundread bucks, some 6X9's, and an Alpine deck for like $200 and put it in myself.

LT5
06-16-05, 10:37 AM
I have a passenger front door GM Bloze speaker new in box if anyone is interested IM me.

Benjamin Simon
06-19-05, 08:33 PM
Hi, I need 1 new Bose 8 inch speaker for my passager front door. I cannot email you, but here is mine
exsupero@ou.edu
I hope to hear from you soon.

Firewireman
06-22-05, 09:24 AM
I also cannot, it says I don't have permission. If you have another let me know. Singtiger@aol.com

Firewireman
06-22-05, 09:25 AM
Not for $5, I'll find instructions in a different place for free.

OK guys, here is a site with detailed instructions for removing the speakers in your 99 STS':

http://www.carstereoremoval.com/htm/stereoremovalCadillacSLS96_99P.htm

It also repairs head units and speakers... this has been posted a lot of times before.

D148L0
06-22-05, 09:34 AM
Not for $5, I'll find instructions in a different place for free.

It was free when I first posted it . They have started charging for some stuff while other instructions remain free...
If you find free instructions, please give us the link. Good luck with the search.

6thCAD
07-06-05, 12:20 AM
Paying $5 for instructions on how to do this is a bargain. Do you realize the dealer would charge you around $90 labor to replace that speaker?! I already listed the part number in this thread and where to get it for $62, half the dealer price.

SevillianSTS
08-22-05, 11:35 PM
Just wanted to say Thanks, i never heard of the GMpartsdirect website... saved me a lot of money. Half the price the dealer was asking.
thanks