: Any Temp Seal For Head gaskets??

Quadrasteer
05-12-05, 10:36 PM
Is there anything that could temp. seal a head gasket leak? I need to get it to my sisters house about 60mi away. The Bar's head gasket sealer worked for about 1/2 day.

Aurora By Olds
05-12-05, 11:54 PM
I would say if the bars leak helped, throw some in and drive it.
Worst case scenario, if you end up pissing all of the coolant out, you still have 50 miles @55mph to get it home with "limp home mode"...

97BlueDeville
05-13-05, 10:23 PM
Nope No Help.. Just get her home at 40 MPH and hope for no Hills!!

Clint

Dperomsik
05-17-05, 02:57 PM
I hear the K + W head sealer works. I'm going to try it soon for my 1993 Eldorado.

mcowden
05-17-05, 03:11 PM
I don't think anything is going to help you here. No "head sealer" can do what the head gasket does. Once it's been corroded and breached, the breach is such that nothing is going to fix it short of changing out the gasket. Anything you put in there that might temporarily reduce the problem will probably also leave other residuals that will cause you further problems once you've fixed the gaskets. If I was you, I would plan to either have the thing towed or tow it yourself. If you have AAA motor club or another emergency roadside plan of some sort, take it for a short drive until it nearly overheats, then have them tow it for you to where you need to go. That's not really the most honest way to do things, but it should save you the bux for towing, and if it saves you the risk of warped heads, scorched parts, etc., you've saved yourself that hassle at the same time. The situation sucks and I'm really sorry it happened.

Dperomsik, stay away from the head sealers. Replace the gasket. The sealer is not going to do anything but drain your wallet. There is no such thing as a cure in a bottle for this problem.

zonie77
05-17-05, 04:43 PM
Take a bunch of water with, take your time , and have plenty of time in case you have to let it cool.

What kind of roads? flat or hilly? stop and go or freeway?