: OBD Codes

ktills45
05-12-05, 11:22 AM
Ran the diagnostic for the OBD codes, and I'm wondering which of these is cause for immediate concern, if any.

PO36 - EGR pintel out of range
PO53 - Distributor signal interrupt (yikes!)
PO71 - Intermittant MAP signal
PO74 - Intermittant MAT signal
SO44 - Lift or drive signal points.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

BeelzeBob
05-12-05, 09:50 PM
pretty much all of them need attention....

The EGR code is likely fixable by removing the valve and cleaning the pintle valve and shaft up inside the passage in the cast base of the valve. Search using "egr cleaning" and there is a lot of prior info.

With all the intermittant codes for the sensors I would look for connector or wiring issues somewhere. A chafed harness could be causing them.

Also check the wiring leading to the coil packs and make sure the low voltage wiring harness is separated and distanced from the high voltage spark plug wires. Sometimes electrical interference can happen if the EST line is too near the high voltage wires.

ktills45
05-12-05, 10:34 PM
pretty much all of them need attention....

The EGR code is likely fixable by removing the valve and cleaning the pintle valve and shaft up inside the passage in the cast base of the valve. Search using "egr cleaning" and there is a lot of prior info.

With all the intermittant codes for the sensors I would look for connector or wiring issues somewhere. A chafed harness could be causing them.

Also check the wiring leading to the coil packs and make sure the low voltage wiring harness is separated and distanced from the high voltage spark plug wires. Sometimes electrical interference can happen if the EST line is too near the high voltage wires.

Thanks, EGR looks fairly straight forward.

I'll check the wires soon, be replacing plugs and wires in a week or so.