: Northstar Exhaust acoustic "tuning", Bbobinsky?

mtflight
05-12-05, 10:31 AM
I have read that the limited edition 2002 ETC "Collector series" had a revised exhaust system burble tuned to resemble the 1953 original.

What kind of a system is that? Where can I find out the specs? Is it louder? deeper? Is it basically a different muffler, or goes beyond that?

I trust that if Cadillac chose to make the exhaust deeper, or more powerful sounding they would know how to do it with some class. So I want to research if I can get the parts (which would probably bolt on without modification).

Id like to hear it or hear from someone familiar with it. I'm interested in a deep, subtle idle burble/and during cruise, and a more intimidating WOT scream.... aftermarket, I read that Magnaflows will do the trick. Advice?

Any comments? Apparently Flowmasters would be too loud, and I don't want that--don't want to turn heads all the time. Corsa is not an option -- too much $$$.

Regards, and thank you for any and all comments!

Alex

95Concours
05-12-05, 12:21 PM
Id like to hear it or hear from someone familiar with it. I'm interested in a deep, subtle idle burble/and during cruise, and a more intimidating WOT scream.... aftermarket, I read that Magnaflows will do the trick. Advice?

I have Magnaflows on my 95 deville N*... They do basically what your looking for.. Low rumble at idle and cruise, scream when you floor it at WOT going on the onramp... Cost me $220.00 installed at Jonhhy Franklins... Didnt really do anything perfromance wise, but I wanted to hear the v8 under the hood.

Cheers!

mtflight
05-12-05, 12:25 PM
So that's two mufflers really, right? Do u know what model? (do they still have the double tips on each side). Sounds hot, I want it! Thanks!

Spyder
05-12-05, 01:08 PM
Did you just paraphrase Paris Hilton? "That's Hot" hehehe :p

mtflight
05-23-05, 11:33 AM
I talked to a Cadillac parts department and they don't know the difference in exhaust systems. They claim they can't ask GM directly because it is forbidden to modify stock models into something else.

Any thoughts? Anyone have the 2002 Collector series? Maybe the resonator is not there or the exhaust mufflers are shorter / labeled?

Any input is deeply appreciated!