: Which Fuel Pressure Regulator?

davesdeville
05-11-05, 09:54 PM
On rockauto.com it lists 3 differant part numbers for fuel pressure regulators. One says "1st design; used with nylon fuel rail" and the other says used with stainless steel fuel rail. The other doesn't say which. I just got the stainless steel rail today, but I thought they put the old FPR on it? In fact I know they did...

So what's the deal with there being 2?

Also, I pulled the vacuum line before I took the FPR off and it was leaking a little bit. Then when I put it back on and secured the clip again it didn't seem to leak. Shouldn't it either leak or not leak?

This is what mine looks like.

Hason560
05-12-05, 12:14 AM
well the o ring could have not been sitting right. i sell delco to the caddilac place here in gainesville florida and i must send 5 of the new fpr over there per day i belive they are only a couple of dollors.

mtflight
05-12-05, 10:03 AM
If it was leaking, Dave, it probably needs to be replaced.

you idle the engine, and pull the vacuum line off... it's supposed to be leak-free. (And I heard the hissing from the vacuum line).

If you need a good place to get the part, I know a place... PM me. They may even help you get the right one.

Regards,

Alex

On rockauto.com it lists 3 differant part numbers for fuel pressure regulators. One says "1st design; used with nylon fuel rail" and the other says used with stainless steel fuel rail. The other doesn't say which. I just got the stainless steel rail today, but I thought they put the old FPR on it? In fact I know they did...

So what's the deal with there being 2?

Also, I pulled the vacuum line before I took the FPR off and it was leaking a little bit. Then when I put it back on and secured the clip again it didn't seem to leak. Shouldn't it either leak or not leak?

This is what mine looks like.