: D'Elegance package

redumdo99
05-11-05, 07:56 PM
what is the difference between a 79 coupe deville and a 79 coupe deville D'Elegance?

davesdeville
05-11-05, 08:47 PM
"...Also on the option list was the DeVille d'Elegance, with new soft Venetian velour upholstery (in choice of four colors) on pillow-style 50/50 seats. It also had Tangier carpeting, special door pull handles, and "DeVille d'Elegance" script on the glove box and exterior. Coupe d'Elegance had opera lamps: sedans had three roof-mounted assist straps. Both bodies had side moldings and accent stripes..."

http://100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1970/cad79d.htm

Night Wolf
05-11-05, 09:27 PM
grrr...

yup, he got to it before I did :)

DopeStar 156
05-12-05, 01:39 AM
Damn! I was so on this one too.

Night Wolf
05-12-05, 11:18 PM
Damn! I was so on this one too.

yeah, but you don't have one... so it dosn't count :)

Also what that dosn't mention.... we get the special door panels (not just the pull handles) with patterns and stuff to match the seats... IMO it looks better then the standard 1979 seats.

One thing I *hate* about the seats in the '79.... there is no recliner at all!.... gosh, it is not very easy to get comfortable, both my Oldsmobile and DeVille have recliners on both seats and 6-way power seat as well (well, Olds and '79 is only power on driver seat) but without the recliner, it is a pain...

Plus, there is something about the seats on the '79 that don't make them as comfortable as they should be... I think it is the bottom part isn't long enough... I dunno, I just can never get a really comfortable positon (to drive for lots of hours on the highway etc...) as I can in both the '93 DeVille and the Oldsmobile...