: 94 Fleetwood Parts Help...

SupaFly
05-11-05, 05:36 PM
I need a side corner lamp for my Fleetwood. It came off while doing about 85 mph and dented the side fender. I want a paint job too! What do you guys think? Oh, and I want Vogues too but people are telling me no.

Anyway, where can I get a used corner lamp? It looks so ugly that I don't want to drive it.

illumina
05-11-05, 05:54 PM
I need a side corner lamp for my Fleetwood. It came off while doing about 85 mph and dented the side fender. I want a paint job too! What do you guys think? Oh, and I want Vogues too but people are telling me no.

Anyway, where can I get a used corner lamp? It looks so ugly that I don't want to drive it.

http://car-part.com

This is basically a junk yard online deal where they list several thousand junk yards by region and show a parts listing for those junk yards. You can find your part from state-to-state or by region. Just imput the make/model/year of the car in need, name a region or state, and find your part. Once you locate something, give the junk yard you found your part at and call them to make sure they still have the part in stock.

If none of that works out, get your local yellow-pages out and start calling around: you're bound to find something there. Ebay may also work too.

Good luck on the search :cool:

Also since your car is the Brougham model, make sure you go under "Fleetwood" and find the part for either the Brougham or RWD models because there is no actual listing for the Brougham models.

caddycruiser
05-11-05, 06:19 PM

I'd too check with car-part.com for the light.

As far as the Vogues, I actually like the look on a car like the Fleetwood, but have read that overall, they're pretty substandard compared to "normal" brands when it comes to durability and quality. Not terrible, but more show than go, and too expensive for what they are.

scurling
05-11-05, 09:53 PM
Ok, I'm missing somethin: how does a side corner lamp "fall off".. The lamp is part of the entire corner light assembly. Did the entire assembly fall out?

Dude, that's awful.

Adam
05-12-05, 11:21 AM
you can also try www.1aauto.com (http://www.1aauto.com) . they sometimes have parts. i havent checked them out in a while though. hope everything goes well and gets fixed.

what color are you wanting to paint it?

SupaFly
05-13-05, 08:04 AM
It wasn't screwed in, but was sitting there snug in the molding. I was speeding to get away from this old guy; he was one of the worst drivers I've ever seen and it came out then. Oh what is the part number for this lamp?

I want my car white.

Adam
05-13-05, 06:55 PM
I want my car white.

cotilion white or just white? how about some gold Daytons and some nice Pro Hopper pumps to go with it :eyebrow: . sorry dont know the part number.

SupaFly
05-17-05, 07:26 PM
My car gets enough bouncing without those. :sneaky: I think I will buy another Fleetwood, all white, and give mine to my parents.

scurling
05-17-05, 11:37 PM
Sorry, I was at the CHevy dealer today and could have asked for that part number. Any GM parts shop can get that PN for you. It's best to bring your VIN number with you. THey like to rely on the number to more quickly find the part. I ordered some items today. If they come in before you get the number, I'll ask the dealer when I pick up my parts.

wiley1827
05-18-05, 10:56 AM
If you get a Chevy guy to supply parts or find supply for a 94 Fleetwood please publish the source. I can't find anyone in GM land who gives a damn about these "ancient" beast - nor can I find any salvage yard who has this era. I would have more luck with parts for a Model T Ford !

scurling
05-18-05, 11:43 AM
Wiley

Ever since GM consolidated their part inventory system (years ago) you can get (order) any GM part from any GM dealer... that sells parts. I never go to a Cadillac dealer, because they routinely mark up their parts by as much as 15 to 20% over other GM dealers.

I've even had dealer parts guys give me lower than retail list pricing to get my repeat business.

If I had a GM parts counter give me problems with any available GM part, I would be letting the corporate types know about it. Times have changed, and if a parts sales guy at one GM division is showing prejudice against another division when ordering parts, that should be reported. Personally, I've never seen or experienced that type of problem. Dealers are usually in business to make money, and parts are parts.

codewize
05-18-05, 06:34 PM
I personally love vouges but I have to tell you. I've seen them on these cars and after looking at it I would NOT put them on my car. They're so cool and gangster but they don't go with this body style. Assuming we're talking about tires and not wheels.

A nice set of 5 spokes and regular white walls or black walls looks great.

Just my .02

That really sucks about the cornering lamp. I would keep an eye on eBay also

Adam
05-18-05, 08:51 PM
My car gets enough bouncing without those :sneaky:

DAYMN!! i would have never expected that from... you... :tongue2: . you know right now i would have quoted a 3 6 Mafia song but it would not be appropriate so i cant. dammit why cant i live where you do!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :shhh: dont tell Ralph i said that, he might get mad at me. God forbid i say anything to you. he gets jealous.

DopeStar 156
05-18-05, 10:59 PM
I know a local junkyard that has a few RWD 93-96. It's a bit of a drive from Brooklyn though.

Adam
05-19-05, 12:16 AM
you know right now i would have quoted a 3 6 Mafia song but it would not be appropriate so i cant

i was gonna quote a line from Tongue Ring but i dont think Sal would have liked it. hehe yeah its bad but it is a pretty damn good line. have you ever heard of three 6? probably not since your from brooklyn. they arent very clean but it they are good to listen to down here in the dirty south.

Adam
05-19-05, 12:19 AM
I personally love vouges but I have to tell you. I've seen them on these cars and after looking at it I would NOT put them on my car. They're so cool and gangster but they don't go with this body style. Assuming we're talking about tires and not wheels.

i couldnt agree more. i tell you though, the best looking tire/ wheel combo on these cars IMO is wire wheels and thick white walls (not because im a lowrider or nothing...). i too have seen these thing with vogues and it just doesnt look right. i like vogues as much as the next guy but not on these.

wiley1827
05-19-05, 09:20 AM
Wiley

Ever since GM consolidated their part inventory system (years ago) you can get (order) any GM part from any GM dealer... that sells parts. I never go to a Cadillac dealer, because they routinely mark up their parts by as much as 15 to 20% over other GM dealers.

I've even had dealer parts guys give me lower than retail list pricing to get my repeat business.

If I had a GM parts counter give me problems with any available GM part, I would be letting the corporate types know about it. Times have changed, and if a parts sales guy at one GM division is showing prejudice against another division when ordering parts, that should be reported. Personally, I've never seen or experienced that type of problem. Dealers are usually in business to make money, and parts are parts.

My understanding is parts for the years 94-96 are simply not carried anymore anywhere. Am I wrong?

wiley1827
05-19-05, 09:22 AM
I know a local junkyard that has a few RWD 93-96. It's a bit of a drive from Brooklyn though.

Can you provide name and ph # please !

brougham
05-19-05, 04:25 PM
My understanding is parts for the years 94-96 are simply not carried anymore anywhere. Am I wrong?

You can still get parts for it. If the dealer that you goto doesn't want to get stuff for you just goto another one.

scurling
05-19-05, 11:53 PM
Also, remember that just because a part is no longer manufactured, doesn't mean that the warehouse stock is completely exhausted.