: Are there cones in the B&B resonator?

slow35th
05-11-05, 10:18 AM
I just bought a B&B with the resonator. Are there cones in the B&B resonator? If there are, are they easily removable?

urbanski
05-11-05, 10:39 AM
there are....peer into the tubes with a flashlight and you'll see them...they have round holes.
removal? i think it would be tough. they weld them in during the manufacturing process....at any rate when I drop the exhaust to install the UUC, I will ask the shop IF they can get to them...I'd like mine out.

knockout_tx
05-11-05, 11:20 AM
UUC.........dumb question???????

benjet
05-11-05, 11:48 AM
UUC.........dumb question???????

Shifter

ssmith100
05-11-05, 12:09 PM
I think this depends on what resonator version you have. Some of the first guys (like me) that got the B&B exhaust don't have the cones in the resonator. My cones are actually installed at the rear connections right before the mufflers. I think that after we had the problem with the droning is when B&B started incorporating the cones in the resonator. StealthV can probably answer this question better than anybody.

Shane

sefa01
05-11-05, 02:31 PM
I think this depends on what resonator version you have. Some of the first guys (like me) that got the B&B exhaust don't have the cones in the resonator. My cones are actually installed at the rear connections right before the mufflers. I think that after we had the problem with the droning is when B&B started incorporating the cones in the resonator. StealthV can probably answer this question better than anybody.

ShaneDitto.

StealthV
05-11-05, 06:44 PM
Shane nailed it.

My bolt-in cones are coming out when the headers are installed. After thousands of miles of nice carbon build-up inside the exhaust, the B&B is definintely more tame and most likely can be "opened" up again. The x-pipe will also be making an appearance again. :lildevil:

Don't have any experience with the later versions of the B&B exhausts and their pre-installed cones. Give Dennis a call at B&B 1-888-228-7435 and find out how to remove them. My guess is they made it easy.

If your exhaust isn't built yet, have B&B make them cone-free if that's the route you'd like to take.