: How to change turn signal switch on a 85 Fleetwood Brougham

AElayyat
05-10-05, 06:18 PM
Thanks to the help of Katshot, I was able to narrow down my brake light problems, with 75% chance being the turn signal switch is bad. Here is my first post: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39084

I called the Cadillac dealer a short while ago and spoke with our service manager and told him that I replaced the brake light switch, and conducted ghetto MacGyver tests to guess that the tuns signal switch is bad, and he told me that I elimnated 75% of the fault. Anyhow, he said that if it turns out to be a bad turn signal switch the steering column has to be removed so that the turn signal switch could be replaced. He gave me an estimate of $200-$250 for labor plus the cost of the switch itself (I don't know what it costs).

Does this sound like a decent price?? Any tips on swaping out the turn signal switch, I don't want to get in over my head. Should I just have the dealer deal with this problem and figure everything out, or is there anything else I can do???

Sorry for such a long post, but I need help guys. Thanks in adavance.

brougham
05-10-05, 06:37 PM
Do a search for it. There's a post somewhere here that has instructions about how to change it and it has some good information about it. It shouldn't be too hard to find.

AElayyat
05-10-05, 06:57 PM
Do a search for it. There's a post somewhere here that has instructions about how to change it and it has some good information about it. It shouldn't be too hard to find.

I looked brougham, but the closest problem to mine was NightWolf's "key stuck in ignission" post.

AElayyat
05-21-05, 02:31 PM
PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks for all of the help guys. I took the Caddy to the dealer and the problem was just as Katshot diagnosed it to be; a broken wire somewhere along the line. So I ended up paying $96 (1 hr. labor, and some but-connectors) to get this issue solved once and for all (I hope).

brougham
05-21-05, 06:45 PM
At least it was something simple. I tried looking for the post I was thinking about before but I couldn't find it. I'll have to see if I can find it again because it was a pretty good one and I think it said how to change the switch step by step.

AElayyat
05-21-05, 11:49 PM
At least it was something simple. I tried looking for the post I was thinking about before but I couldn't find it. I'll have to see if I can find it again because it was a pretty good one and I think it said how to change the switch step by step.

Yeah, I'm glad everything turned out ok. Thanks for looking for that post though.