: Racetrack Tomorrow

V-seriesTech
05-10-05, 11:39 AM
Tomorrow night at Moroso Motorsports Park, in West Palm Beach is test and tune night. Any of you south florida boys are welcome to come out and join the fun. We're rideing up with a couple of V's,...one with a supercharger, the other all motor but, nicley equipped. Also, we are also a Saturn dealer, as well as involved in Saturn Motorsports, so we will be driving one of the guys supercharged redline ION's up there. Car has a bunch of mods, and should be fun. Were gonna try and strap a nitrous bottle to it in the next day.

Anyways guys and gals, come check it out, it should be alot of fun.

http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/Newsite/Default.asp

dannystang
05-10-05, 11:48 AM
Bringing digital video cams...

Now if only that KARS kit holds together :)

Edit: My secretary's duty will be video taping, she has been informed that she will be beat severely until she is dead and then some more unless she does a great job.

V-seriesTech
05-10-05, 12:17 PM
Bringing digital video cams...

Now if only that KARS kit holds together :)

Edit: My secretary's duty will be video taping, she has been informed that she will be beat severely until she is dead and then some more unless she does a great job.

Wow danny, kinda harsh huh?...those taco's getting to you or what dawg?...:D

Awesome! It should be fun. Bring your scanner as well, that way I don't have to bring a tech II

CTSV05
05-10-05, 05:30 PM
Damn!!

I hope she isn't the sensitive type!!!!

dannystang
05-10-05, 06:01 PM
Doug, we tightend up your kit today.

I was explaining to Jamie how tight the kit has to be to the cradle, and how you tightened it and your a big guy.

(Jamie is like 6 ft tall, 100 pounds soaking wet, with a 2lb wrench)

I think he did a good job though, even loose though I couldnt get the thing to hop with him in the car. (I tried and tried)

Anyhow lets see how those 60ft times go, Ill try every type of launch possible so I don't hear any "what if"s

Wish me luck..

Hoping for 12.7-12.9

V-seriesTech
05-10-05, 06:12 PM
Doug, we tightend up your kit today.

I was explaining to Jamie how tight the kit has to be to the cradle, and how you tightened it and your a big guy.

(Jamie is like 6 ft tall, 100 pounds soaking wet, with a 2lb wrench)

I think he did a good job though, even loose though I couldnt get the thing to hop with him in the car. (I tried and tried)

Anyhow lets see how those 60ft times go, Ill try every type of launch possible so I don't hear any "what if"s

Wish me luck..

Hoping for 12.7-12.9

Actually, you bastard, more like 180, no wait, a sexy 180.

Hows the intake?

dannystang
05-10-05, 06:14 PM
Umm, can't really notice anything...

Not even a swishing sound..but its probably doing something.

I think with the power I have its going to be hard to notice anything unless it like 20-30 hp more...

I think...

V-seriesTech
05-10-05, 06:22 PM
Umm, can't really notice anything...

Not even a swishing sound..but its probably doing something.

I think with the power I have its going to be hard to notice anything unless it like 20-30 hp more...

I think...

hopefully it will show up at the track tomorrow

CTSV05
05-11-05, 11:06 AM
Bumping, so we can see the results ASAP!!!

dannystang
05-11-05, 12:21 PM
5 hours to go...

Anyone else want to go, we have 2 digital camcorders.

I believe mine is pretty good but I don't know anything.

Someone pm me a host please, I will make a divx,xvid, and mpeg2.

My server streams but additional hosts would be helpful.

So far mine and a blown cts-v. And the gto I have to blow the doors off.

Anyone running stock that would be great!
...Moroso Speedway.

V-seriesTech
05-11-05, 12:58 PM
5 hours to go...

Anyone else want to go, we have 2 digital camcorders.

I believe mine is pretty good but I don't know anything.

Someone pm me a host please, I will make a divx,xvid, and mpeg2.

My server streams but additional hosts would be helpful.

So far mine and a blown cts-v. And the gto I have to blow the doors off.

Anyone running stock that would be great!
...Moroso Speedway.

Love the avatar...:yup:

dannystang
05-11-05, 01:45 PM
Bump.

Anyone else interested?

Where did the lawyer guy go hes nearby?

BTW: Its a good job interview I know all the biggest law offices in florida :)

dannystang
05-12-05, 03:30 PM
Hey Jamie, you have my video to upload of my run?

I didn't get my smokey burnout.

Secretary is 6ft under.

Gotta convert these videos.

V-seriesTech
05-12-05, 04:07 PM
Hey Jamie, you have my video to upload of my run?

I didn't get my smokey burnout.

Secretary is 6ft under.

Gotta convert these videos.

I have em...my parts director is gonna go home tonight and edit...

....We had fun but, we had a blast on the way home:devil:

wildwhl
05-12-05, 04:13 PM
Timslips? ET's?

dannystang
05-12-05, 05:12 PM
Scanning now...

It wasn't wonderful..

But some race guy told me the times could have been better minus me driving it.

CaddyGeek
05-12-05, 05:31 PM
Did the KARS kit help with the launch? Was wheel hop still a factor?

wildwhl
05-12-05, 06:21 PM
Scans are taking too long :)

What was your best time, and what was the best supercharged V time?

CTSV05
05-12-05, 06:51 PM
The S/C V hopped so bad the exh. came loose, and Danny said he hopped some too, but I don't have any other details as far as info.

Jamie said the track wasn't in the best shape.

If it doesn't rain I'm going to Trails tomorrow nite, and see what it'll do with the kit, I rode in a car with the BFGs KDWs w/the NT, and they just chirped, no frikkin hop, but the guy shifting wasn't as aggressive as I am.

V-seriesTech
05-12-05, 07:22 PM
The S/C V hopped so bad the exh. came loose, and Danny said he hopped some too, but I don't have any other details as far as info.

Jamie said the track wasn't in the best shape.

If it doesn't rain I'm going to Trails tomorrow nite, and see what it'll do with the kit, I rode in a car with the BFGs KDWs w/the NT, and they just chirped, no frikkin hop, but the guy shifting wasn't as aggressive as I am.

Danny I'm sure will post his times,...but here goes....

Supercharged saturn, killed the clutch. Horrible times for that car...

Supercharged V, first pass ever at the drag strip, horrible launch, bad wheel hop...corsa exhaust popped off resonator(its ok though, when the car cooled, I just slid it back on), leaving the car sounding like ass all the way down the track....again, bad wheel hop, which you'll see when we get the video up and running...it went 13.7@110mph, and that was its only pass. KARS kit, will be installed on this car in the next couple of weeks, as well as larger wheels, and better tires.

Danny, I belive his opening pass was a 13.7 @107mph and had I belive a best et of 13.3 .

EIther way, it was a nice time at the track, I think everyone that raced, that it was their first time ever at the track so, all and all, they did pretty good.

As for myself gentlemen, i'm outta here, I'll be outta the country for two weeks so, you all take care, and i'll see you all when I get back.

Peace. James

dannystang
05-12-05, 08:11 PM
Sorry I was editing video I posted this stuff up on a new thread.

2005V
05-12-05, 09:54 PM
I rode in a car with the BFGs KDWs w/the NT, and they just chirped, no frikkin hop, but the guy shifting wasn't as aggressive as I am.

Those are the tires that I am running and I have had nothing but good luck with them. They hold the road in the corners every bit as well as the OEM "stay flats." I pulled a .94g cornering on a very twisty road in WV last weekend and they squeeled and broke loose a bit but I stayed comfortably on course (my GF, on the other hand, did not enjoy the experience as much as I did). As to the hop, I have not been to the track yet and I have been pretty much babying the rear but curiosity got the better of me the other night and I cut them loose from right around 2000rpm, feathering the clutch. 20 or so feet of no-hop spin and I was on my way. It would have been a great launch at the strip (of course when I get there it will never happen that way)! :disappoin

All said, I love the tires and the ride is fantastic. I was very worried before the purchase b/c I saw all of the reviews on tirerack.com that talked about road noise. I have to tell you I can't imagine what they were talking about. These tires are quieter than the Goodyears and ride so much better (softer ride generally).

Since I can't seem to get an aftermarket wheel hop kit to jive with my particular set-up, I am hoping that the combination of the new tires, the Lingenfelter rear suspension snubbers and a beefier sway bar (to combat the frame flex DTE cited) will do the trick. Of course, with the Maggie install finishing up in a couple of days, all bets may be off!

CTSV05
05-13-05, 12:42 AM
Since I can't seem to get an aftermarket wheel hop kit to jive with my particular set-up, I am hoping that the combination of the new tires, the Lingenfelter rear suspension covers and a beefier sway bar (to combat the frame flex DTE cited) will do the trick. Of course, with the Maggie install finishing up in a couple of days, all bets may be off!

?????????

Call me, I don't see why mine won't work.

Yep, those will def. be our next tire!!!!!

2005V
05-13-05, 12:45 AM
Call me, I don't see why mine won't work.

We already talked (via the other forum). Clearance issues with Stainless Works exhaust. Love the product, just don't think it will work with my particular set-up.

CTSV05
05-13-05, 09:05 AM
Can you get me some measurements from your bottom of your exhaust to say a good reference point above it.

I knew that, thats why I suggested you call, its free....1-866-255-7068

Kels55
05-13-05, 11:53 AM
I am hoping to go to Orlando Speed World tonight to get some runs in. It will be the first runs since the new diff went in last month. And the first since I had that darned POS BMR AWK removed. My V is all stock once again since the dealer cancelled my warrenty because of the blown diff and the few mods I had.

My best time at OSW was 13.7 @ 109 with StealthV's FFV and the BMR AWK but I hopped at launch, 1st-2nd, and 2nd-3rd, and the 60' was 2.45, so go figure. I have since learned how not to hop the V, especially now that the AWK is gone, and have a Superchips program and the FFV that can be installed within 15 minutes. So I am hoping to break into the low 13s at an official track. I have used the G-Tech Compitition Pro off the track and got 13.05 @113 but I know that the G-Techs are a little generous with their times, but that should still mean I can post the low 13's at the track with a good launch.

I wanted to come down to WPB on Wednesday and meet you guys at Moroso, but I figured with the rain we had in Orlando that you would probably get rained out also. I was wrong and missed out on meeting some tech savy V owners and start figuring out how to get James (V-series Tech) and Vera Motorsports to start hooking up my V while keeping the warrenty. I have family that lives in Palm Beach Gardens, so making the trip would not just be for the V, although that is a good enough reason for me.

Unfortunately, I just found out that my mother and step-father are coming to town tonight and leaving Sunday morning, so unless I convince them to come with me or they decide to sleep after their 1100 mile trip from Arkansas, I am not sure I can make it.

Nice of them to let me know they were coming, but it is only fair. During the huricanes last year I made an quick trip there without calling first, as well as not calling on Mother's day or on the day of her B-day (called 5 days later), and yes I know, "I AM A BAD SON!" but let her beat me for it, I don't need to catch hell from you guys before she gives it to me tonight.

tgt
05-14-05, 07:30 PM
We already talked (via the other forum). Clearance issues with Stainless Works exhaust. Love the product, just don't think it will work with my particular set-up.

2005V -

Would you mind e-mailing me, tgt624824@yahoo.com (if you'd rather not post) the 'other' forum? I always enjoy reading through multiple areas.

Thanks!
Travis

CTSV05
05-15-05, 01:34 AM
Its LS1tech.com

Several of us go back and forth, but this is much, much more active.

thebigjimsho
05-15-05, 03:06 PM
I am hoping to go to Orlando Speed World tonight to get some runs in. It will be the first runs since the new diff went in last month. And the first since I had that darned POS BMR AWK removed. My V is all stock once again since the dealer cancelled my warrenty because of the blown diff and the few mods I had.

My best time at OSW was 13.7 @ 109 with StealthV's FFV and the BMR AWK but I hopped at launch, 1st-2nd, and 2nd-3rd, and the 60' was 2.45, so go figure. I have since learned how not to hop the V, especially now that the AWK is gone, and have a Superchips program and the FFV that can be installed within 15 minutes. So I am hoping to break into the low 13s at an official track. I have used the G-Tech Compitition Pro off the track and got 13.05 @113 but I know that the G-Techs are a little generous with their times, but that should still mean I can post the low 13's at the track with a good launch.

I wanted to come down to WPB on Wednesday and meet you guys at Moroso, but I figured with the rain we had in Orlando that you would probably get rained out also. I was wrong and missed out on meeting some tech savy V owners and start figuring out how to get James (V-series Tech) and Vera Motorsports to start hooking up my V while keeping the warrenty. I have family that lives in Palm Beach Gardens, so making the trip would not just be for the V, although that is a good enough reason for me.

Unfortunately, I just found out that my mother and step-father are coming to town tonight and leaving Sunday morning, so unless I convince them to come with me or they decide to sleep after their 1100 mile trip from Arkansas, I am not sure I can make it.

Nice of them to let me know they were coming, but it is only fair. During the huricanes last year I made an quick trip there without calling first, as well as not calling on Mother's day or on the day of her B-day (called 5 days later), and yes I know, "I AM A BAD SON!" but let her beat me for it, I don't need to catch hell from you guys before she gives it to me tonight.whatever the dealer does, your warranty is not canceled by them, it is by GM Corporate. Your dealer is a bunch of twits. If they indeed got your warranty canceled, then it will be canceled everywhere else. If they just won't work on it because of the BMR, go someplace else.

My diff failed last weekend. I also have the BMR kit. I brought mine down to my Cadillac dealer and when I told them about the BMR, they said they might have problems with GM Corporate. The next day, GM authorized them to do the work and my warranty was NOT canceled.

dannystang
05-15-05, 03:09 PM
I am usually bitching about GM, but that was nice of corporate to do.

Kels55
05-16-05, 10:47 AM
whatever the dealer does, your warranty is not canceled by them, it is by GM Corporate. Your dealer is a bunch of twits. If they indeed got your warranty canceled, then it will be canceled everywhere else. If they just won't work on it because of the BMR, go someplace else.

My diff failed last weekend. I also have the BMR kit. I brought mine down to my Cadillac dealer and when I told them about the BMR, they said they might have problems with GM Corporate. The next day, GM authorized them to do the work and my warranty was NOT canceled.

It's canceled until I bring my V back with no mods, and that is why I'm "stock" again, so that the next dealer visit will reinstate my warrenty.