: DIC controlls

WoodShoe
05-07-05, 09:30 AM
In the past I have removed that APPLY BRAKE 2 SHIFT message. The other day, I was messing around to find the keys for the menu which can remove the 'Lock doors when in Drive' option, 'Turn Lamps on when Unlock' doors etc...and I seemed to have found the combination for the APPLY BRAKE 2 SHIFT message 2 come back :banghead: oops...can someone help me out? Also if someone knows the buttons for that menu im talking about ..that would b great....Thnx

Rob Benham
05-09-05, 02:04 AM
Hey, can I disable the auto door locking on a 94 SLS ? I think that the brake on to select drive, is a good safety measure however, so I donít want that to go.

Are we talking about the actual process of locking, or just the warning being disabeled?

WoodShoe
05-09-05, 07:46 AM
Im talking about the message that appears on the dash that reads 'Apply brake to shift' ...its pretty annoying. Im not sure about your model year, but on mine, I did actually turn off the function that engages the door locks when u put it in drive. Also quite an annoying little function. The problem is I cant remember the combination of buttons to get to that menu. :(

JSMeloche
05-09-05, 08:08 AM
On my 95 STS, Hold OFF and COLDER for 4-5 seconds, message will go away, same procedure to get it back. I dont know if it will work with your ODBII 97 tough

Eric2203
05-09-05, 09:02 PM
All this should be explained in your owner's manuals. If you don't have the paper copy, go here: http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/resources-cad.html