: New Member - And did I make a dumb move...

coleman
05-06-05, 05:00 PM
Hi, new member though I've been reading the forum.

I have a 1993 Fleetwood I got for filthy cheap (it's just a baby with 200100 miles now), and I've been fixing it up to work a little more smoothly. I have a full Polygraphite front end kit installed, same setup as my 1981 Trans Am so I assume it will work as well. Apart from that; all stock for now. Plenty of modifications planned but nothing too extravagant.

Photos of the Fleetwood in its banged up glory:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mec2d/fleetwood/

Absurdly out of date webpage for the Firebird:
http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mec2d/ls1swap/intro.htm

Now I think I might have made a bold assumption with my most recent purchase. I went and bought a set of Goodridge 91-96 Caprice rear drum stainless braided brakelines for my car as my old ones are original and dry rotting badly. I can't return them in the event they do not fit so I'd have to find someone else to buy them from me at a discounted price in the event I messed up. Did I make a dumb decision by assuming these brakelines would fit?

Thanks for any info; hope to stick around.

caddycruiser
05-06-05, 05:22 PM
Oooh...even in it's slightly banged up shape, I like it! Believe me, it's still about a 100 times better than the two '93s that were absolute pieces of garbage we first looked at :helpless: Plus, you even have the Astroroof :worship:

Hope it all goes well and some day it's in REALLY nice shape :coolgleam

ocjmakaveli
05-07-05, 05:26 AM
Want to sell it to me?

on the line note i'm not exactly sure but I think they might not fit you'll have to check the connection on the differential that is the part which is different on the impalas but im not sure about the caprice etc its easy just jack up the car and take a look see if the connectinos are the same.

very nice car if it runs then you are one lucky guy but if ya wanna sell it running or not let me know.

coleman
05-07-05, 08:36 AM
Runs smooth as glass; shifts beautifully. It just needs some interior/exterior cosmetic and a few electrical gremlins fixed, mechanically it's actually in very good shape (especially after the front end rebuild). Sunroof works; no leaks.

I suppose since I bought the hoses already all I can do is wait and see. I was hoping someone would have a concrete answer.

PS: Mine :p

ocjmakaveli
05-08-05, 04:29 AM
Runs smooth as glass; shifts beautifully. It just needs some interior/exterior cosmetic and a few electrical gremlins fixed, mechanically it's actually in very good shape (especially after the front end rebuild). Sunroof works; no leaks.

I suppose since I bought the hoses already all I can do is wait and see. I was hoping someone would have a concrete answer.

PS: Mine :p

thats ok im happy enough with 1 fleetwood :D

now all i have to do is get my 96 deville up and running....:suspense: