: Whats up with this "turbonoter"?

matmoeb
05-05-05, 10:28 PM
Anybody looked at the "turbonator" add on the side of some of the pages in this site? $60, 35hp? Is it dangerous? I'm looking for small things I can do to my car to improve the performance without spending mountains of cash. "Turbonator" looks cool, but I doubt it's promise's. Looks like an infomercial trinket.

Ranger
05-05-05, 10:39 PM
The "Turbonator" is kin to the "Tornado" and the fuel line magnet. The ONLY thing they do is lighten your wallet.

BeelzeBob
05-05-05, 11:07 PM
It looks like an informercial trinket because it is an infomercial trinket....

powerglide
05-07-05, 04:23 PM
"adds up to 35hp" I guess that's true because 0 is certainly less than 35.....

matmoeb
05-10-05, 12:02 AM
I get it........thats what I figured anyway. Thankx

eldorado1
05-10-05, 12:15 AM
"adds up to 35hp" I guess that's true because 0 is certainly less than 35.....

So is negative 5! :coolgleam

powerglide
05-10-05, 05:11 AM
So is negative 5! :coolgleam

uh huh.....

I guess the damned thing could actually restrict airflow and reduce power....if that's what you're eluding to...

bubbarivi
05-30-05, 01:02 AM
I picked one up not for the hp, but it gives a better throttle response(no hesitation) and have picked up about an extra 60 miles city and 100 hwy. Not bad for $60.

mcowden
05-30-05, 01:10 AM
Whatever, Bubba, nice try at a sales pitch. Take your B.S. somewhere else, eh? You're full of some of the foulest syphilitic donkey $#1t on earth, buddy. If it was you and a lawyer on the highway in front of me, I'd swerve to hit you instead of the lawyer. If it was you and an Amsoil salesman, it would be a tough choice, but I'd still hit you.

powerglide
05-30-05, 01:39 AM
I was gonna jump in and call BS.....but when I read Mike's post I figured 'nuff said. LOL!

".....60 miles city and 100 hwy.....better throttle response"?!??!

Someone get this man a handicap parking permit!

Ranger
05-30-05, 01:43 AM
P.T. Barnum was right, There IS a sucker born every minute!

robbieg
05-30-05, 08:44 AM
Something that I always think about when I see stuff like this is that auto makers spend millions of dollars researching to find ways to make there engines/vehicles more fuel efficient to pass federal regulations that get more stringent every year. If something like this or any fuel economy device you see really work as well as advertised they would have made it a factory part. Some people will argue that the auto makers don't want to spend the money and they " cut corners " but they could mass produce these things for pennies and I assure you if these magic devices worked it would be cheaper than the millions they spend on research and development each year to meet regulations, just some food for thought.
Robbie.