: "HELP" Does your CTS-V "CLUNK"

LS6-CTS-V
05-05-05, 07:26 AM
Between 1st and 2nd at low RPM's, or trying to drive moderately slow does your CTS-V have a clunck or a clinck some where in the drive train. ??????????

It seems like if I try to shift under 3000 rpm it clunks.

CTSV05
05-05-05, 09:03 AM
Yep, it used to.

Now its much smoother, and I don't seem to have the lurch upon lower rpm shifting as I did before either.

But, there are instances where I can hear the backlash, like if I push the clutch in and release pressure on the driveshaft at certain times, but its very minor.

Joey'sVee
05-05-05, 09:52 AM
Yes, I have the clunk. It doesnt bother me too bad though. Usualy I have the radio on so I can't hardly hear it. As long as it doesn't get worse (I got 800 miles on it) I'll be ok.

LS6-CTS-V
05-05-05, 10:01 AM
How did you get rid of the clunk @ sloppy backlash.

my dealer is lame,and will say that the after market stuff is doing it. but after I took off the Pinion Brace,from BRM, it is much more noticeable

cts-v ls6
05-05-05, 04:43 PM
The clunk is related to the dual mass flywheel. Search the forum for posts--there are plenty. The V owners that have replaced the flywheel/clutch/pressure plate [myself included] don't have any clunk.

Dave's V
05-05-05, 08:41 PM
There has also been threads about the pinion support increasing rear end whine or at least transmitting the whine to the chassis.

When I have to replace the clutch, I'll replace the dual mass flywheel. Till then I can live with the clunk.

Also if you let out the gas all the way before you push the clutch in, it won't clunk.

CVP33
05-05-05, 09:38 PM
Mine has a slight clunk in between blowing half shafts. :yup: Good luck.

Vrocks
05-05-05, 11:25 PM
Between 1st and 2nd at low RPM's, or trying to drive moderately slow does your CTS-V have a clunck or a clinck some where in the drive train. ??????????

It seems like if I try to shift under 3000 rpm it clunks.

It will if I don't drive around it. If I keep some load on the drivetrain it almost never occurs.