: Lifting Fuel Rail

blunted
05-04-05, 03:56 PM
Well I went to check if my injectors are leaking on my 94 Northstar since I'm getting 9.5 mpg. I got the intake manifold off and my FPR didn't have gas on the nipple, but when I go to lift the fuel rail only the left side partially lifts up.. not much to work with. I noticed there are 9 clips but when I push on them to unhook it they wont budge. I have my service manual diagrams next to me but its just not helping. If anyone can help it'd be greatly appreciated... I would rather not spend $80 on gas tonight to go visit my friend. :nono:

ShadowLvr400
05-04-05, 05:42 PM
The fuel rail is part of the manifold, isn't it? I can't remember it's been so long. Bbobynski, where ya at man? Trying to remember, because the fuel rail was part of why we drilled my nitrous ports into the manifold instead. I THINK it was because they were 1 part tied in with the manifold, and we couldn't seat the nitrous nozzles on over the actual injectors and then get the manifold and rail bolted back on. So we'd drilled in on top of the manifold through each runner.

Either way, I'm pretty sure you have to pull the manifold off.

CadiJeff
05-04-05, 06:24 PM
It can be taken off, i've had mine off before I just don't remember how I did it..... hmmm

blunted
05-04-05, 09:36 PM
lol @ Jeff... Me and my brother stared at it for a couple hours and came up with nothing. My service manual shows the illustration of parts but I cant see what should be holding it back. :hmm:

Hason560
05-06-05, 08:32 PM
im not to sure but on my 96 wich is kinda difrent it seemed like i had to pull pretty hard to get the fuel rail and injectors out. i guess the o rings just stick after a while