: H&R Springs...drop it??? Anyone???

jim mitchell
05-04-05, 03:21 PM
Just shod the factory wheels with new Toyo Proxies (OEM size) and they fill the wheel well better than the bald GY EMTs. But I figure the wheel well gap would be "just about right" with a bit of a "drop." The H&R springs avbl at Tire Rack...1.2F/1.0R sound better than the Eibach's...the front facia is vulnerable enough! Spoke with Doug at Tire Rack and he assures me the springs won't interfere with the Nivomats in the rear...drop will be "as advertized"...no complications. Anyone done this yet...feedback? Btw...the ride quality is so much improved with the Proxies over the EMTs that even if ride quality is somewhat harsher with the springs I'd figure I'd be about back where I started...

Dreamin
05-04-05, 03:52 PM
Dont think those springs are released yet... Last time i talked to H&R they said did not have any idea when they would be available. TireRack says "Back-ordered"...

markbinkc
05-04-05, 03:55 PM
I think the rear shocks are causing the holdup (on the H&R springs). I don't think anything short of changing the rear shock is going to stop your car from raising back up. They told me a month ago those springs are still in development and about 60 to 90 days out. Don't know how much I believe that, but I was interested in only a "mild" drop as well.

Dreamin
05-04-05, 03:59 PM
I dont think it's rear shocks... they could spec the CTS shock like Eibach. I think the V is a low volume car, they know they wont sell thousands of kits, so the project is just low priority for them... If you were a spring company... would you make springs for the latest model Civic... or the V?

Totally HMO...

CTS-VPaco
05-04-05, 04:25 PM
I got Eibachs and the CTS sport springs that Eibach recommended. Ride's a li'l stiffer, I think, but totally bearable for me. I'd like it about a half inch lower all the way around as it sits on stock shoes, but when I flip 'em for my new 19's, I'll have to form a new opinion. Handling seems the same, tho' I have yet to push my car through the bends.

markbinkc
05-04-05, 06:18 PM
I dont think it's rear shocks... they could spec the CTS shock like Eibach. I think the V is a low volume car, they know they wont sell thousands of kits, so the project is just low priority for them... If you were a spring company... would you make springs for the latest model Civic... or the V?

Totally HMO...

Well that's what I mean. Our shock is the problem. The CTS shock is not our shock.