: I need your recommendations... x-pipe on stock exhaust?

kimcheejeegae
05-04-05, 01:37 PM
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

I've decided to wait for the Magnaflow exhaust. I don't know when it's going to be released, but the website does list it under their catalog but apparently it's still under development.

In the meantime... I would like to tinker with the stock exhaust. I emailed CTSV05 because I saw his video to his modified stock exhaust.. it sounds great, so while I'm waiting for his response.... I'm going to ask all of you.

I was thinking about having a custom x-pipe put in to replace the stock resonators.... and then figuring out a way to get rid of the baffle/fiberglass in the stock mufflers....

Now... with just the x-pipe... how much of a difference would that make to the overall sound? I'm just looking for guestimates here... and I'm definitely not looking for a power upgrade. My goal is just to ((((LOUDEN)))) the exhaust note. This is going to be a temporary solution to hold me over until I can get my hands on the Magnaflow.

Danke!

drewcruikshank
05-04-05, 02:01 PM
I dont think the X pipe will make your car any louder. X pipes are used to equalize pressure pulses between the two pipes and aid in scavenging i think. :confused: Its supposed to help make a little more power. I dont see how it would turn the volume up on your stock system. now, taking the guts outa the mufflers will definitly do something for your need for noise.:thumbsup:

kimcheejeegae
05-04-05, 02:11 PM
I dont think the X pipe will make your car any louder. X pipes are used to equalize pressure pulses between the two pipes and aid in scavenging i think. :confused: Its supposed to help make a little more power. I dont see how it would turn the volume up on your stock system. now, taking the guts outa the mufflers will definitly do something for your need for noise.:thumbsup:

ok.. that's what I read too... THANKS! now to figure out how to gut these mufflers...

TXSilverV
05-04-05, 04:25 PM
I have modified my exhaust. I used Magnaflow mufflers at first only thing I did. The sound was better. Then cam back and removed th resonator and wow it was loud and pop pop pop. Then ordered a B&B x-pipe and now it has a very deep sound and it's just about perfect. I just wanted it to be a touch louder. I will replace the Cats next.

CTSV05
05-04-05, 05:07 PM
The resonator is an x-pipe inside, so I wouldn't go thru the trouble if all you want is a little xtra sound.

I did e-mail back.

I love the way ours sounds, but I have another exh I'm going to try a couple of other tricks to see if I can get a little more from it.