: Guys w/ Installed Headers??

ssmith100
05-02-05, 11:23 PM
I've been looking in the engine compartment to see if there were any places that the headers might cause heat issues with. My B&B's are here. Everything looks okay except for the drivers side on the shock tower. There are two clips with wiring harnesses that are clipped into the tower and are fairly low to the factory exhaust manifolds. My question is this. For you guys with headers installed, how close is the header to this harness and does it look like there is any heat issue with the harness. For some of you with headers installed for a while you should be able to tell.

Thanks,
Shane

CTSVader
05-02-05, 11:45 PM
I will look tomorrow if I can remember...

CTSV05
05-03-05, 01:03 AM
I know two w/headers and they seem to have no issues, and the room looks fine there.

Flyboy
05-03-05, 07:12 AM
I have the Katech headers......(they did the install)...no problems.

V-seriesTech
05-03-05, 09:37 AM
I've installed three sets, no issues...that I am aware of.

c5racr1
05-03-05, 10:32 AM
how do you like the katech headers?

willsctsv
05-03-05, 12:40 PM
Search B&B headers, I have a detailed write up.

V-seriesTech
05-03-05, 01:00 PM
Personally, i've only installed B&B's.

ssmith100
05-03-05, 01:21 PM
Appreciate all the responses. Now, for all you guys that have them installed, would you mind taking a look on the drivers side shock tower across from the middle of the headers and you will see the wire harness I'm talking about. It looks like to me that it would only be about 2 inches away from the headers and with the plastic connectors it could have heat issues. The harness could be moved up about 3 inches by drilling two new holes in the tower. If heat hasn't affected yours I probably won't move it though. Some of you just might not have noticed though so I thought I would bring it up before it might be an issue.

Thanks,
Shane

V-seriesTech
05-03-05, 01:27 PM
Are you talking about the white bank 1 02 sensor harness, thats already close to the factory manifolds???

If so, those are gonna have to come off that mounting location anyways, due to the sensors being placed lower(or farther back) in the long tubes. In other words, the connectors won't reach unless you remove it from the location, no big deal. Passenger side is harder to reach.

If your talking about the other two connectors that are on the inside of the towers, they are already heat wrapped.

ssmith100
05-03-05, 02:05 PM
V-series tech,

The two connectors I'm talking about aren't wrapped. They are just wire loomed. They aren't hard to locate since they are attached to the inside shock tower with press in tabs at the bottom of the tower. They just seem a little to close to me. I think I'm going to go ahead and move them up. I'll try to post a pic of what I'm talking about later.

Thanks,
Shane

willsctsv
05-03-05, 03:08 PM
If the stock manifold is not an issue with the wires your talking about, neither is the header. I have the B&B headers on for 3 day's and about 250 miles, nothing on fire yet!

V-seriesTech
05-03-05, 03:49 PM
If the stock manifold is not an issue with the wires your talking about, neither is the header. I have the B&B headers on for 3 day's and about 250 miles, nothing on fire yet!

I think it would be all right.