: WTB: '93-95 Fleetwood cassette/CD stereo

caddycruiser
05-02-05, 03:35 PM
Looking for a working factory cassette/CD head unit for a '93-95 Fleetwood. Would post in classifieds, but no one ever goes there.

So, anyone recently switch theirs out? :yup: I need one for my '93.....

eldog90
05-02-05, 06:05 PM
ive got one from my 95 seville I dont know if its the same,but i think so

caddycruiser
05-02-05, 10:35 PM
Just checked my '95 Cadillac brochure and it does look virtually identical, but I wonder if it would actually be plug-n-play or not?

Anyone else know if it would work???

chuckdobbins
05-03-05, 01:46 AM
if it looks "virtually the same" then i would say it probably is. you know...the whole game of trying to cut costs and whatnot. making such a small and unnoticable difference in units wouldnt be worth the cost.

then again this is my opinion. i am by no means certain.

caddycruiser
05-03-05, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I compared them based on the full-line 1995 Caddy brochure I have and they look almost identical, the Seville difference being that it has slider knobs for both bass and treble, something not on the Fleetwood. Also says that the Seville system was 4-speakers and the Fleetwood's 6, so not sure if that would make it different either.

All I would need to know is if the plug is the same, because then it would probably work.

caddycruiser
05-04-05, 07:54 PM
eldog90- Do both the cassette/CD and radio function properly on the one you have? How much would you take for it? No one has yet confirmed that it would work in my car for sure, but the more I look, the more I think it would.

Edit:
Actually, just came upon a site that allows you to search for parts throughout different auto recycling lots and found a BUNCH of these head units for the Fleetwood. I'm contacting a few, but am still interested in your Seville one too.

Eric2203
05-04-05, 09:03 PM
Don't suppose you'd share the site ? :)

caddycruiser
05-04-05, 09:23 PM
Oh yeah, sorry! Here:
http://www.car-part.com/

I think I had heard about it before, but never used it until I read here in the CTS thread that someone had found a new Nav system for their car at a great price using this site.

brougham
05-05-05, 01:23 PM
I'm looking for a new radio for my Brougham too. Last year the CD part of mine wasn't working right all the time. I still don't know if radios from other ones will work or not. Some places say that they all will and other places say that you can only use the ones made for your car :mad:

caddycruiser
05-07-05, 04:09 PM
Still haven't gotten a confirmation on whether the '95 Seville head unit will plug into my '93 Fleetwood or not :(

I've been looking at various photos of these radios over the years and it appears Cadillac changed the plugs on the rear, even though the appearance and function otherwise stayed the same. Too bad I'm not yet around my car yet, because I can't look and see what mine actually look like to compare them.

Anyone???

caddycruiser
05-09-05, 01:45 PM
Well, it's a NO. Had a pretty knowledgeable source tell me that the plugs on the '95 Seville unit are the "newer" ones Caddy started using after the "old" ones on my '93, so no dice.

And the search for a '93 CD/cassette system continues.....