: Change Things Up A Bit...

APatterson
05-01-05, 12:47 PM
Im so used to seeing problems on this forum.. lol. I just want this thread to be about any mods (not just performance) even visual modifications you have done to your cat. Dont hesitate to post anything. Maybe you want to do something to your car.. Go ahead and post that too..

On a completely different note. Well me.. being 17 years of age, am wanting something different for my car, so i was thinking.. When was the last time you saw a caddy with underbody neons. Eh. Eh.. Yeah, so i was thinking.. trying to put some neons under the caddy. Mines an offwhite color so im thinking.. Blue? And maybe putting some neons under the seats or something.. Already Upgraded my headlight bulbs.. Thinking next im gonna go with the.. kinda greenish mirror tint.. not the full like MIRROR white.. im sure youve seen it on like the back of the Lexus SUV's and such.. I think it would set off the car, but maybe not so much the neons.. Might just go with a black, not pitch black.. but black enough. Of course have to get the subs.. Im not sure about the rims though.. Dont wanna pay all the money for the rims then if forced to sell it, not be able to keep the rims for another car due to bolt pattern.

Just looking for some suggestions..

Vesicant
05-01-05, 06:17 PM
Im so used to seeing problems on this forum.. lol. I just want this thread to be about any mods (not just performance) even visual modifications you have done to your cat. Dont hesitate to post anything. Maybe you want to do something to your car.. Go ahead and post that too..

On a completely different note. Well me.. being 17 years of age, am wanting something different for my car, so i was thinking.. When was the last time you saw a caddy with underbody neons. Eh. Eh.. Yeah, so i was thinking.. trying to put some neons under the caddy. Mines an offwhite color so im thinking.. Blue? And maybe putting some neons under the seats or something.. Already Upgraded my headlight bulbs.. Thinking next im gonna go with the.. kinda greenish mirror tint.. not the full like MIRROR white.. im sure youve seen it on like the back of the Lexus SUV's and such.. I think it would set off the car, but maybe not so much the neons.. Might just go with a black, not pitch black.. but black enough. Of course have to get the subs.. Im not sure about the rims though.. Dont wanna pay all the money for the rims then if forced to sell it, not be able to keep the rims for another car due to bolt pattern.

Just looking for some suggestions..

Hmm... I'd match the tint color to the neon color. I think it'd finish it off nice. White/purple hue neon underbody would look awesome on a white car. That or blue... dark dark blue- for everything; neon, tint etc. Basically what you were suggesting.

http://www.speedstash.com/superhigh/neon.jpg.

Tirerack.com has some nice wheels - more edged towards sport but are fairly cheap. You can always sell them on ebay or something (garage sale? lol) when you sell the car, just keep the old wheels.

CateraSport2000
05-01-05, 08:36 PM
I "modded" my 00 Sports by rebadging it as a UK Vauxhall Omega. I replaced the grille, wheel center caps, engine cover badge, steering wheel badge, had the rear panel sanded down so "CATERA" is gone and put new badges on, rubber Vauxhall floormats, Vauxhall first aid kit, owner's manual from a 2000 Omega. I think that's it.

Gets lots of attention. Just yesterday some guy behind me was taking a picture of the car and he and his girlfriend were trying to figure out what it was. I love moments like that!

Jeff

omermurat
05-01-05, 11:12 PM
I "modded" my 00 Sports by rebadging it as a UK Vauxhall Omega. I replaced the grille, wheel center caps, engine cover badge, steering wheel badge, had the rear panel sanded down so "CATERA" is gone and put new badges on, rubber Vauxhall floormats, Vauxhall first aid kit, owner's manual from a 2000 Omega. I think that's it.

Gets lots of attention. Just yesterday some guy behind me was taking a picture of the car and he and his girlfriend were trying to figure out what it was. I love moments like that!

Jeff

Would you post some of your "Vauxhall's'' pictures for us to see? I've been thinking about getting rid of that cromy grille myself. Everything else is just fine to me ;)

CateraSport2000
05-01-05, 11:33 PM
Here's a picture of the grille.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/EveryShadeofBlue/12676.jpg

CateraSport2000
05-01-05, 11:35 PM
Here's a comparo with another Cat Sport

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/EveryShadeofBlue/14012.JPG

omermurat
05-02-05, 11:58 AM
Cool. It looks different and much better :o)

Pratt
05-02-05, 12:52 PM
That looks sharp... I dig it.

APatterson... under body neon's are awful. That was hot in like, 1994 or something! Save your money and get some new wheels or something.

That's just my opinion though. Do what you want, of coarse!

BLUCAT98
05-02-05, 01:41 PM
That's very nice CS2000...!!!!!!!

Could you post a link to their site & parts? I wonder if they might have some options for the 98 Cateras? The grille on the 98's are separate from the hood!

CateraSport2000
05-02-05, 02:02 PM
Here's some more pictures:

Engine cover
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/EveryShadeofBlue/14013.JPG

Rear Panel...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/EveryShadeofBlue/14011.JPG

Wheel Center Cap
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/EveryShadeofBlue/12677.jpg

salvatrucho519
05-02-05, 02:09 PM
i got a 98 baige cat and put a blue neon bar behind the grill, looks sweet at night time, always getin complements on it.

CateraSport2000
05-02-05, 02:11 PM
As far as getting parts... I actually went to England to get most of the parts. I had met someone I sold something to on Ebay and we became friends and he went to Inchcape Vauxhall in Reading, England and started buying the parts for me. I went over on a trip and we met and I picked them up. The parts (even with the terrible exchange rate) are cheaper than US Catera parts.

It's difficult to find people over there that are willing to sell you the parts over the Internet and shipping would probably add up. Inchcape's website is http://www.inchcape.co.uk/

Sanding down the rear panel was the most serious modification that was made and it cost the most money (about $150) but is well worth it. I actually bought an extra panel off Ebay so I still have all the original parts.

For a '98 Catera, you should be able to get the grille easily. You may want to try www.ebay.co.uk (http://www.ebay.co.uk) as they have lots of used Omega parts. I'm not sure if they had the same wheel center caps though. The '97 Catera and '99 Catera sport with the 10 spoke rims has equivalent wheel center caps but I am not sure about the "standard" catera rims that are the most common.

The worst part for the 97-99's is that LED rear panel, there's nothing like that in Europe. You'd almost be better off getting a whole trunk assembly...but at least it'd have badges!

Good luck... I am contemplating selling my car in the next 4-5 months if anyone is interested. It's a certified car and the warranty expires 1/30/06. I am torn between keeping it and getting rid of it. I put so much work into it and it's SO unique. :)

Jeff

APatterson
05-02-05, 07:37 PM
i got a 98 baige cat and put a blue neon bar behind the grill, looks sweet at night time, always getin complements on it.

hey salvatrucho519 you got any pics of the bar behind the grille.. never thought about that.. sounds like a good idea but i wanna see how it looks.. and where did you put the bar.. im not sure i want it showing through the grille.. put it up and under somehow or what not.. post some pics of it at night if you can.

salvatrucho519
05-03-05, 11:23 PM
got no pics sory, but what i did was: took off the grill ( couple screws under the hood), then there was a plastic pipe behind the grill (im thinkn it was for intake, removed it), then there was a horizontal bar their and i taped the neon bar flat down with double sided tape, and finally just wired it to my headlights. the light shines thru the grill at night time, if yu walk up to it yu can see the bar and all the bulbs in it but it still looks sweet. good luck buds