: Alarm: Auto locking fuel filler door

carguy16
05-01-05, 11:40 AM
How the heck is this supposed to work? Mine doesnt lock, I thought the switch in the trunk was for an emergency to get out...but supposedly that is for the fuel door, can someone go into detail? I have a factory alarm.

theGman
05-01-05, 06:05 PM
My 95 FWB locks the fuel filler in sync with the door locks. The switch in the trunk is another way of controlling it.
What I don't like is that you can't lock your car when you get out to fill up, or the license plate door locks. You have to lock the doors after you pull it down; it will spring back into place the next time you cycle the locks though.

scurling
05-02-05, 08:20 PM
I have the same setup on my '94 Fltwd. I assume the trunk leaver is to allow you to keep the car locked up, yet be able to fill the tank. You would just pop the trunk, and unlock the fill cover, keeping the doors locked during the fill-up process.

It also allows you to use the trunk key (when the car is locked), and still unlock the gas fill cover.

I was scratching my head on the system operation too, trying to figuer out the design logic. This is the best I could come up with.