: purely on exhaust note, which do you prefer?

Devil_concours
04-30-05, 12:53 PM
Which exhaust sounds nicer. For those of you who has heard more than one type of exhaust chime in and give us an insight

benjet
04-30-05, 03:38 PM
Anyone else (I know of as least a few - at a track event) have heard more than just one or two systems?

I have heard 3 (other than stock):
1. B&B 3" X pipe (digitl pimp)
2. B&B resonator (whldwl)
3. Corsa (mine)

CTSV05
04-30-05, 05:30 PM
I have heard 3 different types.

Of the commercially available I like the Corsa sound better.

But in our situation, taking long road trips, I really like our modified stock system. Noticable, but subtle untill you stand on it.

willsctsv
04-30-05, 05:39 PM
I have the B&B x pipe version and have heard the Corsa. Both sound great I just think the B&B is a bit deeper and sounds like you have a monster under the hood!

CVP33
04-30-05, 07:22 PM
:yeah:

I must admit, the first time I started the V up after installing the BB with X-Pipe, the exhaust actually scared me it was so loud. But then I just laughed as that's EXACTLY what I wanted. You can drive the car quietly but it does get louder and has more bass at lower rpm's compared to the Corsa. At full song, both exhaust systems are great.

Dennisscars
04-30-05, 07:24 PM
I bought the BB Resonator because I don't care for the Corsa decelerate burble. X-pipe louder than I wanted.

They are all good, just differnce in personnal preferance.

2004ctsv
04-30-05, 07:53 PM
I'll hold off on voting until I hear a BB in person.

The Corsa is louder when cold then mellows out as it heats up.

Tong

willsctsv
04-30-05, 08:08 PM
The corsa also has a little pitch when revving high. The B&B has no wimpy pitch sounds. Sorry Corsa guys, just my opinion.

crowan
04-30-05, 10:37 PM
As a Corsa owner, I can tell you what I believe are the pros and cons:

Pros:

Great sound at start-up and idle
Great sound and feel going through the gears. It totally changes the tame feel of the stock V and lets you "feel" the LS6 in a way that make the car much more fun to drive.
No drone
No "boy racer" over-the-top exhaust volumn.
Corsa is a dealer option

Cons:

When cold, the pipes will emit a pop when changing gears 1-2 and 2-3. I am told that this can be eliminated with PCM tune.
The is some burbling when decelerating. That also might go away with a tune but not sure.
Modest, if any, hp gain.

I have yet to hear a B&B, but they are said to be somewhat louder. They don't pop or burble, from what I am told, but they will drone at certain speeds. B&B also gives more hp gain with the 3" pipes.

Find some V owners near you and listen to both. It is a choice of personal taste.

Dennisscars
04-30-05, 11:39 PM
My B&B's have a bit of a drone at 1,800 but I've learned to work around it. I like the horizontal oval cans better.

Has anyone had their tips start to turn color or is it the rejex I put on them burning off? Or maybe the blue flame shooting out of the back?

Devil_concours
05-01-05, 05:17 AM
My B&B's have a bit of a drone at 1,800 but I've learned to work around it. I like the horizontal oval cans better.

Has anyone had their tips start to turn color or is it the rejex I put on them burning off? Or maybe the blue flame shooting out of the back?
x-pipe or resonator?

Dennisscars
05-01-05, 11:28 AM
resonator :spin:

Just kidding about the blue flame....:shocked2: although.....

trukk
05-01-05, 11:48 AM
My post from this earlier B vs. Corsa Thread. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36756

I have the corsa. In my opinion, the pros and cons of the Corsa Vs. the BB are:

Corsa Pro:

-No drone inside.
-Sounds really really god IMHO. I listened to Pinnacle's BB (resnator, no cones) and V-Max's Corsa at the track when they were running back to back. BB is definately louder, especially at idle. At speed (higher RPM), the BB was also louder, but the Corsa seemed to have a deeper, growlier (not a word) sound to it. When hearing them at speed, the BB made me think "Wow that's a powerful car", the Corsa made me think "Wow, thats a powerfull american V8".
-GM 'approved'. Definately no waranty issues
-The outside of the TIPS looks nice, with the CORSA name etched, so you can just see it. Looking at the car by standing behind it, the Corsa tips look nicer (IMHO)
-No issues with clearance if you add aftermarket suspension parts such as the BMR AWK.

Corsa Con:

-Usually just a bit more expensive than the BB
-Appears to not produce as much HP as the BB (2.5" vs 3" systems respectively)
-It is bolted together, as opposed to the single piece BB (and stocker). I need to tighten mine again. I had an issue when running over a deep puddle, that mine banged into the drive shaft (scarred the hell out of me).
-The double walled tips on the BB look better from the rear (when driving) than the Corsa tips (IMHO).

Push:

Round cans on the Corsa vs. the Oval cans on the BB. You have to see it from behind. The Corsa look is definately not the usual look. I'm still on the fence on this. See this post: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...32&postcount=16

In my opinion the bottom line is:

If you want a system that really sounds good, and you won't have to worry about warranty issues, go with the corsa.

If you are most concerned with adding max power go BB.

In the end this ends up being a Manhatten vs New England clam chowder debate. Both are great.

-Chris