: V-Series Tech: Diff solution?

trukk
04-28-05, 12:02 PM
Before this got buried in the S4 vs V lovefest in Kim's kill thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38632 ), V-SeriesTech hinted at a Diff solution:

...In the near future, there WILL be a diff solution...

FESS UP. After droping a nugget like this you have to give some details! :yup:

-Chris

kimcheejeegae
04-28-05, 12:13 PM
YEAH! I wants to know too. =)

V-seriesTech
04-28-05, 12:25 PM
Before this got buried in the S4 vs V lovefest in Kim's kill thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38632 ), V-SeriesTech hinted at a Diff solution:

FESS UP. After droping a nugget like this you have to give some details! :yup:

-Chris

Wish I had a better answer for you fella's, that you already didn't know.

For your rear diff/wheel hop issue,...i'd recommend the KARS kit. I personally have seen it work, and the car had NO wheel hop. I would like to recommend another kit BUT, I have never seen another kit, on a car here and in person. So if another one works, besides the KARS kit, awesome. I just can't recomend another kit, cause I don't know if it will work or not. I'm sure you understand.

As far as DIFF whine,....that is something your gonna have to deal with, due to the way it was manufactured. If you'd like, have your diff taken out, and rebuilt by someone reputable, with the proper angles and backlash. That should take care of your whine.

As far as a beefier unit, which is what I ment when in your post that you quoted me on, ....I just think that an aftermarket company, or better yet COMPANIES, is going to see our problem that we are having, and build a BEEFIER, stronger, unit. It's just a matter of time. Right now, their is SOMEONE out there, Reasearching and developing.....we just have to be a little bit patient.:thumbsup:

trukk
04-28-05, 12:52 PM
Heh, damnit, I want my golden goose NOW daddy. I also want an Umpah Loompa.

-Chris

dannystang
04-28-05, 01:04 PM
Wish I had a better answer for you fella's, that you already didn't know.

For your rear diff/wheel hop issue,...i'd recommend the KARS kit. I personally have seen it work, and the car had NO wheel hop. I would like to recommend another kit BUT, I have never seen another kit, on a car here and in person. So if another one works, besides the KARS kit, awesome. I just can't recomend another kit, cause I don't know if it will work or not. I'm sure you understand.

As far as DIFF whine,....that is something your gonna have to deal with, due to the way it was manufactured. If you'd like, have your diff taken out, and rebuilt by someone reputable, with the proper angles and backlash. That should take care of your whine.

As far as a beefier unit, which is what I ment when in your post that you quoted me on, ....I just think that an aftermarket company, or better yet COMPANIES, is going to see our problem that we are having, and build a BEEFIER, stronger, unit. It's just a matter of time. Right now, their is SOMEONE out there, Reasearching and developing.....we just have to be a little bit patient.:thumbsup:

I KNEW you were joy riding my car!

Thats ok, I just hope you picked up some hotties.

I have to live through you Jamie, as I am tied down.

urbanski
04-28-05, 01:18 PM
maybe an upgraded diff will come with a free unicorn?

V-seriesTech
04-28-05, 01:55 PM
I KNEW you were joy riding my car!

Thats ok, I just hope you picked up some hotties.

I have to live through you Jamie, as I am tied down.

What? :eek: We did pick up hottie(S)(sorry bout the stains)...but no joy riding:tisk: ....
(kidding about the hottie thing too)

I was actually refering to the test drive you took US on in front of my dealership(maniac). I drive crazy in my cars,...I can't do that in a customers:( ,...unless ofcourse I am trying to duplicate some sort of a noise you only hear on full throttle acceleration passes at 150mph.....then I would be glad to help you find your concern.:sneaky:

Hows the sex life danny without the filter?....:histeric:

V-seriesTech
04-28-05, 01:56 PM
maybe an upgraded diff will come with a free unicorn?

More like a free belly rub.

CTSV05
04-28-05, 02:34 PM
Belly Rub-Unicorn...Same thing.

GNSCOTT
04-28-05, 02:42 PM
Anyone try just adding stiffer bushings yet?

Joey'sVee
04-28-05, 02:49 PM

Try doing a search. We already have a few threads on this.

trukk
04-29-05, 12:54 PM

I know lasstss - Martin has the Specter Wekrs Busshings, and seems to be very happy with them. I think he indicated that it was an 80% solution.

-Chris

V-seriesTech
04-29-05, 01:08 PM
I know lasstss - Martin has the Specter Wekrs Busshings, and seems to be very happy with them. I think he indicated that it was an 80% solution.

-Chris

Just so you know...on another note of diff solutions...am I the only person that thinks its NOT impossible for an all wheel drive setup?