: loose power steering rack

cart69
04-27-05, 12:56 PM
i noticed the other day my seville was leaking something pretty rapidly, so i pulled it up on the ramps and it was power steering fluid, i found one of the two lines that attach to the rack was loose, so i tightened it and had the car started and it was fine, ,then i told my brother in law to turn the wheels slightly back and forth, when he did the whole rack assembly moved about 1 to 2 inches!!! i found that one of the welded nuts in the crossmember had broken and was loose to the whole rack could slide back and forth through the other mount!! anyone heard or seen this before, was something new to me!!! have to creak out the welder and fix it this weekend!!!

also noticed my intake valley is now got a nice pond of power steering fluid in it again after i cleaned it out a few months before so i assume a leak is there somewhere too!!!

mcowden
04-27-05, 02:03 PM
You'd probably get better responses and probably an answer in the suspension or model-specific forums.

Good luck...

cart69
04-27-05, 04:45 PM
i tried to pm a moderator and it wont let me, do any of you know how to move this thread to the seville forum???? thanx in advance

zonie77
04-27-05, 08:49 PM
I'd just do a copy and paste and start a new one.