: Exhaust recommendations - LS2 with Corsa

Darth Vader
10-16-13, 01:35 AM
Hey guys,

Looking to get a set of headers for my V so far all I have is a corsa sport and have been looking at various long tube options.

This is my daily driver and am not looking for a super loud setup, especially on the highway/cruising.

I was looking into the kooks with cats or the obx catted system. I know I can get pacesetters cheaper, but want a bolt in/catted option.

So which is the better setup?

Also, if the above options are too loud, I was thinking of selling the used corsa and going back to the stock catback. I may be able to go catless if I take this option. How much do you think I can sell the corsa for?

Thanks for the help!

Naf
10-16-13, 02:07 AM
You want the best combo. Get kooks And mate them to the stock exhaust. You want cheap go obx.

There is nuttin wrong with the stock exhaust. Just a little too heavy for me...

Gilbert CTS-V
10-16-13, 11:24 AM
Billy Boat!!! the best out there IMO. Nothing against Kooks....I think they are great as well. But the customer service and the overall quality in the B&B long tubes and cats is unbeatable.

Darth Vader
10-18-13, 06:58 PM
Any other opinions?

2007ThunderV
10-18-13, 07:04 PM
http://youtu.be/DbjyD1PdkKw Kooks and corsa get my vote I couldn't be happier Absolutely zero drone Quiet while crusing and sounds evil wot

carlson_mn
10-18-13, 08:30 PM
http://youtu.be/DbjyD1PdkKw Kooks and corsa get my vote I couldn't be happier Absolutely zero drone Quiet while crusing and sounds evil wot

Ever get it on a dyno?

rand49er
10-19-13, 07:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhzUaucdSzM

2007ThunderV
10-19-13, 12:37 PM
Ever get it on a dyno? not since I finished everything up
Just street tuning
Took Awile to get the fast 102 dialed in right

lollygagger8
10-22-13, 10:09 AM
B&B is the $hit.

The end.

thebigjimsho
10-23-13, 06:01 AM
B&B is perfection...

9t8z28
10-23-13, 03:29 PM
Any long tube headers without cats and a Corsa cat-back will not drone or be too loud. Seriously, its a nice deep tone at idle and increases as you accelerate. IF you want loud you romp on the go pedal! You already have the Corsa so I can't see buying a whole new cat-back. Although, the B&B does sound nice, maybe a little better tone IMO.

Darth Vader
10-28-13, 10:22 PM
all the youtube videos I watch the corsa and header combos all sound raspy on decel regardless of catless or catted.

Is it possible to just replace the corsa mufflers with something else like a magnaflow thats bolt in?

RyRidesMotoX
10-30-13, 01:50 AM
all the youtube videos I watch the corsa and header combos all sound raspy on decel regardless of catless or catted.

Is it possible to just replace the corsa mufflers with something else like a magnaflow thats bolt in?

I say install it with some mini cats. If its too raspy for you and too loud. Put a resonator in it and you'll be good. That will mellow it out. And listen to YouTube with a grain of salt... The audio quality can't really be held as gospel. So many different variances from device to device. Just go step by step. Start with some little cats. I love how my stainless works exhaust sounds.