: such a beautifull auto

greencat
04-26-05, 01:21 PM
i own a 99 cat, i love it, yes ive had the oil colant prob, fixed it, but it has been fine ever cince, only other prob that has happend was not machanical or electrical, the car handles great at high speeds, i love taking my caddy thru the interstate going 115 no prob, handling every bend like your going 70. that is the joy of owning one our unique vehicles. i think i might look for a catera from the last years it was made so i can lock it up and store it in 15 years it will still be unique

Vesicant
04-27-05, 04:26 PM
i own a 99 cat, i love it, yes ive had the oil colant prob, fixed it, but it has been fine ever cince, only other prob that has happend was not machanical or electrical, the car handles great at high speeds, i love taking my caddy thru the interstate going 115 no prob, handling every bend like your going 70. that is the joy of owning one our unique vehicles. i think i might look for a catera from the last years it was made so i can lock it up and store it in 15 years it will still be unique

Glad to see another satisified Catera owner. They can be great vehicles, they really can. Made to drive the Autobahn as well ... just to add ;) :coolgleam

:welcome:

CateraSport
04-27-05, 04:59 PM
No doubt it's a sweet car, but I wish I would have bought a BMW :madtalkin

Vesicant
04-27-05, 05:22 PM
BMW's have problems too :lildevil:

BLUCAT98
04-28-05, 10:41 AM
I wish I had bought the '01 Maxima I was looking at before my girl got me into this one! My water pump just busted 15 minutes ago!

:ripped:

Hey, I guess this is the perfect time to change my drive belt! See, there's always a bright side to fixing this car. You can always take the time to fix something else...!!!!!!!!!

I'm tellin ya! I'll be a certified Cadillac mechanic by the time I'm done with this car! :thumbsup: !!

Let me hit the books, and find out how to do this job...!!

Katshot
04-28-05, 10:47 AM
I know the Catera has gotten some bad press but I think much of it has been unwarranted. Personally, I've always liked the Catera. Just saw a black "Sport" model yesterday and thought how sharp it was.

BLUCAT98
04-28-05, 11:07 AM
Oh the Catera is a real Looker!! I'm going to buff mine real good after I fix the water pum, the transmision leak, the valve covers leak, the rotors bumping, the sun roof, the crooked head lights, and a final real good alignment!

And since I know these aren't reoccuring issues.., I'll have a great dependable car after that! :thumbsup: !!

greencat
04-28-05, 01:55 PM
i wrote the original thread about my caddy, the car was just flooded:( <pulled carpet car was saved you would never know it was flooded>from the florida rains, the check engine light is on now , i was messing with fuses from next to the battery and now my sun roof and bose do not work, what happend, do i need to go to dealer for a reset, how much will it cost, still love the car tho:) glides down i-10 baby, oh and the battery was disconnected , the car runs wierd, i know the manul says that has to be reset so no biggie

GREENCAT in florida