: Introduction

LymanSS
02-11-03, 05:56 PM
Hi all. I'm new here. I've got a 2002 DTS. I've been spending most of my time over on GMForums, and just found out about this place. I'll be sticking around because I'm looking for other caddy enthusiasts who share my interest in these cars. I hope I can help this forum grow too. I know it's hard to make a forum like this take off, as I run a few of my own. If you're interested in GTOs you can check out my new GTO forum at www.gtoexchange.com :)

Anyway, I'll continue to post here. I'm mostly interested in performance modifications for my DTS. I'm also interested in Cadillac in general. Upcomming cars, the failed racing program (I went to LeMans to watch last year) and all that. So that's my introduction :)

Scott

kcnewell
02-11-03, 05:58 PM
Welcome aboard Dude! We're glad to have you! I remember seeing you on GMForums before......Now you're where you belong!

Brett
02-11-03, 05:59 PM
Yea not alot of talk about the racing program. Hopefully it taught them a lesson on jumping into things they dont fully understand

Dead Sled
02-11-03, 07:30 PM
welcome aboard

BeelzeBob
02-11-03, 07:37 PM
Welcome, LymanSS. Thanks for signing up here.. I've seen you around forums for years - I'm glad to see you've signed up here.. I wish you luck on your forums.. I answered your question in the "suggestions" forum as well.. If you ever need any help, PM me. I'd really like to see your forum grow. There WILL be competition.. In fact, there already is GTO forum competition... But it's all just starting now.. The reigning GTO forum is up for grabs...

Note: In a perfect world, there could be several forums with all different people in them. Unfortunately, it seems that when there's someone else with the same idea - on the ENTIRE internet - you're considered an enemy before an allie. Trust me - I've been there more than once...

Sal

LymanSS
02-11-03, 11:29 PM
I hope GM realizes that they need to provide decent funding to any racing effort. Audi had three times the funding of the Caddy program. The Corvette race program proves that GM has what it takes to compete seriously. I'd love to see Cadillac establish itself as a serious name up there with other LeMans winners.

Scott

LymanSS
02-11-03, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm really glad to have found this forum. Its what I have been hoping for for quite a while. I honestly thought of starting a caddy forum as well, but had my hands full already. I'm glad someone's doing it :) If there's ever anything I can do to help you along, let me know. I'll definitely be a regular here, and hopefully I can provide decent information to others on the forum.

Scott

BeelzeBob
02-12-03, 12:25 AM
Thanks, Scott! Glad to have ya. We'll mutually support each others forums... :)

Katshot
02-12-03, 07:57 AM
Welcome Scott,
Checked out your homepage. XXX obviously was one of your favorite movies ;)
What's the history behind your screen name? I wouldn't figure a GTO guy to have an "SS" in his name. You also a Chevy guy too?

LymanSS
02-13-03, 07:37 AM
Actually, ironically the SS has nothing to do with Chevy's SS. It's my first two initials. I just put them at the end of my name because it sounds better :) I'm a long time GTO fan as well as a chevy and cadillac fan, but so far I haven't managed to own a GTO. I've had a 71 vette for some time, and there's only room for one "project car" in my life, so I've been hoping to get that squared away and move on to a GTO. Although now I'm thinking that if there's and LS6 powered version of the new one, I may just go for that. My other cars include a 2002 DTS and a 2002 Z06.

Scott