Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Lose clutch pedal height at high rpm

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  CTSVLSX 
#1 ·
I know there's a million threads on this but I'm having this issue where at high rpm 6000ish I lose half the clutch pedal. I've replaced the slave, the clutch itself including pp, and lines, wrapped lines, etc.
Has anyone had a definite answer for this? Just one of those things that is driving me crazy, although I can still shift the car. Letting it come down in rpm and pumping the pedal once or twice brings it right back up to normal.
Curious if anyone else has had this issue on here and what they found out about it.

#5 ·
RPS BC2 , clutch is great, pain to launch it slow though , have to adjust the ISC (idle) also because of the super low weight. Can't just let the clutch out slow it stalls due to such low weight haha so have to get on it a little every time you launch, or launch painfully slow, takes some getting used to. Anyway, I had a LS9 clutch and had the exact same issue. The BC2 has MUCH higher engage point right at the top of the clutch pedal so you can just blip it to shift which is nice, and whatever is causing my hydraulic issue i can still shift it but I have to get it fixed. Bled the system , used good fluid, I'm going to bleed it again maybe something got stuck in there. Luckily installed remote bleeder this time. Last step is replacing the master cylinder and everything associated with it but those usually don't go bad.

Currently it's the RPS BC2 clutch/flywheel assembly, LS7 slave, new bearings, new lines, remote bleeder.
Original master cylinder and associated equipment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.