: 04 escalade: navigation radio, can't find XM ID!!!

gort
04-25-05, 12:38 PM
OK, so I'm driving my dad's 'lade this week which is a 2004 with the LCD navigation radio. It has built-in XM and he asked me to activate it for him. Unfortunately, it won't tune to channel 0 so I have no way of finding out wha tthe XM ID is. Is there any way to find out, maybe like removing the radio from the dash? Is it actually written anywhere on the unit? The only stations it will go to are the preview XM station and the emergency station.

Any help on this would be great! Thanks much.

DanDan
04-25-05, 07:29 PM
See if it will tune to channel 00. If not you can get the radio ID number from the xm digital receiver that is located behind the glove box. The radio itself does not have the 8 digit code.

DanDan

gort
04-25-05, 09:15 PM
See if it will tune to channel 00. If not you can get the radio ID number from the xm digital receiver that is located behind the glove box. The radio itself does not have the 8 digit code.

DanDan

I can't tune to channel 00, does getting to the receiver require taking apart the Dash?

DanDan
04-26-05, 08:36 PM
You should be able to drop the glove box. To do that all you have to do is pinch the sides of it in and it will drop and expose the digital reciever box. Hopefully the number will be looking right at you.

DanDan