: My first kill...well almost!

Joey'sVee
04-24-05, 02:03 PM
I have been driving my new V all weekend around town trying tp pick a fight with someone but really never found anyone. Every time a mustang or something would pull up beside me it would be a girl driving. Well this has been going on like I said, all weekend...until about an hour ago.

I was behind a Camero SS (kinda close behind him) then the light ahead turned red, and I pulled in the other lane...with nobody in front of us. We gave each other the look, so we knew when the light turned green it was on.

The light turned green and we both punched the shit out of it. We were about even until I hit third and something really messed up happened...my gear knob (the part I have my hand on) came off the damn shifter...I immediately hit the clutch and slowed down. I slid it back on and caught back up to him. By this time the 4 lane road had turned into 2 lanes. We started again and got up to 110 but really when your behind someone just rolling about 50 and he hits it, it's nor fair because by the time you realize he hit the gas...he has the momentum...then you hit the gas. I kept up with him but like I said he would hit it and already be accelerating before I would realize it. Then I would hit it and it would look as if he was pulling away.

The whole thing of my shift knob slipping really pissed me off cuzz when I hit the clutch I know he told his buddy..."Look we just smoked a V". When I hit the clutch I was just coasting so he blew by me. I was pissed!

I'm not sure how fast those SS's are or which car is quicker but I think I could have had my first kill....did I mention that fact that I was pissed?

:annoyed:

elwesso
04-24-05, 02:17 PM
:(

You could have had him too!! Oh well, next time he takes on a V he'll see who really is boss!1!

ahahnu
04-24-05, 04:20 PM
It happens, unfortunately. I hate that when the jerk can turn to his buddy and say that. We know the V is far superior then so Camaro. Don't you worry there will be more. The best thing to do it get back out there and destroy a 4 banger civic or something. It'll put a smile on your face.

Dave's V
04-24-05, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. The SS is no competiton for a V and they are usually driven by young kids. That is why their insurance rates are so high and GM stopped selling the car in 2002.

I saw a video of an EVO beating a Ferrari. The kids in the EVO start saying Ferrari Killer, etc but failed to realize the Ferrari driver and passenger was laughing their butts off.

adam_mcd
04-24-05, 04:54 PM
i thought they stopped making camaros because they were all lemons.

lasstss
04-24-05, 09:18 PM
Thats terrible having the shifter pop during a kill. Its as bad as having somone catching you the saddle, :eyebrow:takes the fun right out of it ! Better luck next one..:2thumbs:

StealthV
04-24-05, 09:52 PM

GM stopped making Camaros because today's young people think a riced-out 140 hp 4-cylinder is cool AND fast. Blame their parents who bought those Accords and Camrys back in the 80s - they have ruined an entire generation of gearheads.

Stop the madness; buy a V8. Thus concludes our public service message. :)

Vrocks
04-24-05, 10:16 PM

My first car was a V6 Camaro. No squeaks, rattles or mechanical failures, but it did have a noisy rear diff! :rolleyes2

CTSV05
04-24-05, 11:46 PM
Well, at least he had to pass you when you yanked your knob....YES a pun is intended!!!!

You'll have more chances, but maybe not, I can't get anyone to play with me.....:(

VELOSE
04-25-05, 12:06 AM
I'm sorry but, I was literally laughing after you mentioned the shift knob slipped off.:histeric: That really sucks. :suspense:

Seriously though, embarrassing moments like those happen. However, go relieve some stress and do what I did today. Some punk kid with his fine looking girlfriend were in a turbo eclipse. They hassled me at a light by revving. At the next light, it was ON! The light turned green and by the time I was done with 1st gear, I already had him by a car length. I hit 2nd and got in front of him and put my hazards on. They drove past me giving me the peace sign and his girlfriend was waving hi.:devil:

Joey'sVee
04-25-05, 12:32 AM
yeah, I think some rice will help me get over my frustration.

willsctsv
04-25-05, 11:23 AM
"F" The rice! Just be on point and ready at all times. Always be in Competition Mode! One more thing, Take it easy with your Knob! You don't yank it like your starting a lawnmower, do you?

Playdrv4me
04-25-05, 11:32 AM

Nah, they were no worse than Mustangs, and offered a good dose of power for dollar right up to the end there alongside the TA. However, I will forever associate those cars with Mullets and cheap beer... may they RIP.

Joey'sVee
04-25-05, 11:53 AM
I like yanking my knob really hard and fast...lol! j/k'ing.

I really didn't yank it hard...kinda seemed cheap cuzz it came off soooo easy.

04CTSVforMe
04-27-05, 03:39 PM
First, let start by asking what's wrong with cheap beer and I haven't had a mullet since the mid-80's!! lol

As a current owner of a 2002 SS being sold to buy a CTS-V, I can agree with the stereotyping of Camaros, but...

1. They stopped selling them because the V6 version wasn't a good coupe. The Z28 & SS sales had been increasing for the last 5 years, since they installed the LS-1 engines.

2. I have beaten stock C5's in my stock SS, so you might oughta give them some respect when racing. As with any late model Chevy small block, it doesn't take much to make them as fast as you want them to be.

Hopefully I'll be in the CTS-V camp inside a week or so, but for now, I have to say that I do like my SS. :burn:

VELOSE
04-27-05, 03:53 PM
I'm a SS fan and I'll take the first step in welcoming you to our royal circle of luxury.;)

Ghost-V
04-28-05, 01:19 AM
We were fortunate enough to find a dealer who let us test a V for the weekend while considering the purchase. On the way home, my wife, driving the loaner, wasted no time showing our now traded-in LS1 Z28 who was boss from spoplight to stoplight!

Needless to say, that initial race home (and subsequent weekend really) had me hooked - and reinforced why I'll never buy a demo car...

Don't get me wrong, I was happy with the Camaro while we had it, and mechanically it gave us no problems, but now that it's gone, I can't say I've missed it even once...well maybe it was a little easier to find someone to drag on any given evening!

Peace.

THORNY'SV
04-28-05, 05:18 AM
Joey,
Man, that's funny. It's great to see you're younger than I am and have a V. I'm 36 and feel weird about driving a caddy, but I blows the doors off of the BMW and Audi that I test drove.
Anyhow, I've had a couple of similar stories. For some reason, I have trouble going from 1st to 2nd. In a jump off the line I end up going from 1st to 4th. Lets just say it kills the "under 5" so to speak. Ever have the same trouble?
On a good note, I was driving to work the other day. There was a little lowered Jetta with a spoiler on the back. We came to a light and he rolled his window down. He said, "you're driving a boat; plus, they put too small of an engine in those my mom has one." I knew he thought it was a CTS. He starts reving the engine. Light turns green. I was at the next light before he even got out of second. He pulls up to me and I say, "tell your mom she should have spent an extra 25 grand." He had some curse words to say, but the light turned green and it was onto the on ramp. I saw him in my rear view mirror, but only for a mile or two. :-)
So, that's my only success story. I think that most guys who drive a faster car recognize the V right away? Don't you? I think it's a respect thing. I had a straight cts before this and it seemed everyone with a fast car was always passing me. Maybe they recognize the top of the food chain when they see it.
Well, enjoy your car. I know I do.
Michael

VELOSE
04-28-05, 02:30 PM
Joey,
Man, that's funny. It's great to see you're younger than I am and have a V. I'm 36 and feel weird about driving a caddy, but I blows the doors off of the BMW and Audi that I test drove.
Anyhow, I've had a couple of similar stories. For some reason, I have trouble going from 1st to 2nd. In a jump off the line I end up going from 1st to 4th. Lets just say it kills the "under 5" so to speak. Ever have the same trouble?
On a good note, I was driving to work the other day. There was a little lowered Jetta with a spoiler on the back. We came to a light and he rolled his window down. He said, "you're driving a boat; plus, they put too small of an engine in those my mom has one." I knew he thought it was a CTS. He starts reving the engine. Light turns green. I was at the next light before he even got out of second. He pulls up to me and I say, "tell your mom she should have spent an extra 25 grand." He had some curse words to say, but the light turned green and it was onto the on ramp. I saw him in my rear view mirror, but only for a mile or two. :-)
So, that's my only success story. I think that most guys who drive a faster car recognize the V right away? Don't you? I think it's a respect thing. I had a straight cts before this and it seemed everyone with a fast car was always passing me. Maybe they recognize the top of the food chain when they see it.
Well, enjoy your car. I know I do.
Michael

Michael, the "going from 1st to 4th" thing, is normal. From what I've read, and I'm not savvy with the lingo in here yet but, they call it "Skip Shift." Supposedly this is a feature in the Corvette's too. It's supposed to be a fuel economy thing in the city. I hope I'm right, or else I'm gonna get flamed in here.:(

Frank-

benjet
04-28-05, 02:48 PM
Michael, the "going from 1st to 4th" thing, is normal. From what I've read, and I'm not savvy with the lingo in here yet but, they call it "Skip Shift." Supposedly this is a feature in the Corvette's too. It's supposed to be a fuel economy thing in the city. I hope I'm right, or else I'm gonna get flamed in here.:(

Frank-

Do a search for "CAGS"

Joey'sVee
04-28-05, 02:53 PM

Frank-

Yes frank...you are correct. Stealth V makes an easy to install CAGS eliminator so it won’t force you into 4th. Do a search and you'll find out all about it but you are correct! :)

DgtalPimp
04-28-05, 05:00 PM
!CAGS kills the skip shift and lets the driver be the driver.