: Ready to order a 2006 V

DWK
04-23-05, 04:06 PM
Considered the STS-V; with the expected price point the CTS-V seems to win the fun for the $ calculation hands down. I'm ready to order a 2006 CTS-V. A couple of questions:
1) When will GM start taking orders for the 2006 CTS-V?
2) Can anyone confirm that the new Red is the same "Infra Red" that will be on the new Vette? (Maybe the same as the pics here of the XLR-V: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35297 )?
3) For the redline owners, what's the best interior color choice with the red exterior?
4) How much faster is the red over the platinum and black V's? :)

Dreamin
04-23-05, 04:50 PM
:welcome:

Are you basing your decision on price? What if the STS-V is cheaper than the "expected price point"? Will you regret your decision?

ronr
04-23-05, 08:17 PM
4) How much faster is the red over the platinum and black V's? :)

It looks like Lund couldn't decide if platinum or black was faster. http://www.lundcadillac.com/Accessories33_3.cfm

I'm a Platinum man myself.

Playdrv4me
04-23-05, 08:24 PM

Are you basing your decision on price? What if the STS-V is cheaper than the "expected price point"? Will you regret your decision?

Are you being fecicious (sp)? I dont think that is even remotely possible.

DWK
04-23-05, 08:40 PM

Nah. It just took me a while to decide if the manual tranny was going to fit with the type / amount of driving that I do. I have an SRX now and it's been a great car, but it's time to get back into something with a greater fun factor. I no longer need the wagon, but do need the 4 doors.

CTSV05
04-24-05, 12:49 AM
Man, its great to see these new names on the board!!!!

Velcome all!

Now, as far as the redline being faster.......HaaaaaHaaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaa! NOW THATS FUNNY!

CVP33
04-24-05, 01:08 AM
The LS2 is reason enough to want an '06 CTS-V. 6.0 liters and tons of potential. If they fix the rear, I'll probably bit da' bullet and get an '06 too. If not, I'll sit on my '05 until they do.

DansCTSV
04-24-05, 11:25 AM
I have an 05 Redline and I prefer the black interior. As for being faster, just ask your local police, everyone knows red cars are faster. :D

Dan

Harley Guy
04-24-05, 01:58 PM
I have an 05 Redline and I prefer the black interior. As for being faster, just ask your local police, everyone knows red cars are faster. :D

Dan

I asked a buddy of mine that is a trooper about this. I said that the guys with the red cars just think they are fast when actually they are half-fast! Everyone knows platinum is the quickest.:cool:

msheri01
04-24-05, 02:31 PM
The 2006 model orders are supposed to be able to be entered on May the 2nd. I have tried to enter them, but the system will not accept them until then. The color is listed as infrared, but again more info available on the 2nd. The color choices for interior are black and gray, and my personal opinion is that black is the best interior for a red,black, or silver car.

rand49er
04-24-05, 03:54 PM
Redline faster than black or platinum Vs? Maybe, but we stealth grays are even faster!

VCONVERT
04-24-05, 04:17 PM
I have a red line V with a neutral interior and like that combination well. However I think a black, gray or neutral interior looks great with red - which by the way is the fastest of the four colors offered.:yup:

DWK
05-01-05, 10:48 AM
Thank you all for your responses. If all goes well, my order for a Infra Red / Black V will go in tomorrow.

David

Bob in NY
05-01-05, 01:21 PM
Are they offering an automatic in 06?

StealthV
05-01-05, 01:27 PM
Please, no automatic in the CTS-V. Ever.

Auto = STS-V. :)

GNSCOTT
05-01-05, 03:25 PM
I'll be ordering my 06 V if they can find a few more ponies than my 04 has.