: Code P076 on 94 STS and hard shifting help!

Rick94STS
04-23-05, 01:59 PM
Hello,
Yesterday my 94 STS tranny started acting up out of no where, it's shifting very hard from 1st to 2nd gear and also when standing still shifting from reverse to drive or drive to rev. it bangs really hard!
Checked codes, comming up with P076 current, "tranny pressure control solenoid malfunction"

My question is where is this pressure solenoid located in the trans? I thought it would be near the shift solenoid's which my local mechanic changed last year.
But after speeking with him today he said he has never changed the pressure solenoid and is not sure where it is located.

Can someone help out with the location of the pressure solenoid?
Is it in the valve body or behind the side cover? Does the trans need to be removed in order to change it?

thanks......:thumbsup:

Rick94STS
04-24-05, 09:55 AM
This is a great forum, thanks for all your replies.......NOT!!:tisk:

elwesso
04-24-05, 12:34 PM
Did searching ever kill you.....?

Took me 3 minutes and I came up with:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35537&highlight=pressure+solenoid

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3935&highlight=pressure+solenoid

Hopefully members will realize that its just about as easy to search as it is to post and ask!!

mcowden
04-24-05, 09:15 PM
This is a great forum, thanks for all your replies.......NOT!!:tisk:

You can't even wait a full day for an answer? Could you perhaps try to be a bigger ass about it? Good luck getting any help here in the future. :crying2:

Hey smart guy, if you want fast answers, buy the manual or click on the handy Search feature above. Ask the neighbor's kid to do it for you if you're having trouble. I have a weird feeling you couldn't find it with a map and a flashlight. :cookoo:

Rick94STS
04-25-05, 04:15 PM
OK OK sorry for being impatient, FYI- I know how to search, how do you think I gathered the info for my post.

I did some more searching and couldn't find the answer I needed, you guys don't have to rip my head off! I am just pissed that my trans is malfunctioning and wanted to know if the trans needed to be pulled to replace the pressure solenoid.

Anyway I got the answer from the trans shop where I dropped the car off today, they said it can be replaced with out dropping the trans but it is a tough job. just hoping the trans isn't finished!:banghead:

Thanks