: please help!!!!

ndogg ct
04-22-05, 09:27 PM
fellas i have had some horrible luck with my new v...just got back from dealer 2 days after i just picked her up..well first i goty a screw in my tire then they put on the wrong tire!!to top it off they say the cAR HAS NO ALARM??I know this is not true from here..what do i tell these guys??i can't believe the dealer is clueless like this on a car that is 50k???is cadillac service always this bad??

wildwhl
04-22-05, 09:30 PM
ndogg -

check out www.cadillacfaq.com for help on the alarm issue.

As to the tire, what do you mean they put on the wrong tire :nono:

ndogg ct
04-22-05, 09:46 PM
they fregin put on the stock corvette tire.not the f1 supercar tire...

Dave's V
04-22-05, 09:50 PM
they fregin put on the stock corvette tire.not the f1 supercar tire...

I would be looking for a different dealer and then comment to Cadillac about their service department.

ndogg ct
04-22-05, 09:53 PM
i understand but this dealer is so close to home it sucks driving to a different place!!what can i show them so they can see the v does have the alarm or what exactly do they have to do to activate??thanks guys!!

wildwhl
04-22-05, 10:05 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/05alarm.html

Dave's V
04-22-05, 10:45 PM
Have them give Cadillac a call after you print out the directions from the FAQ. Bet them a Corsa Exhaust that the car does have an alarm system. How far is the next dealer. I don't go to my closest dealer. Mine is around 8 miles away but I have known their service department for 5 years (owned a GTP).

ndogg ct
04-23-05, 01:29 PM
any good ct caddy dealer recommedations??

ndogg ct
05-01-05, 09:17 AM
okl guys finally (hopefully)getting the alarm enabled this week,what exactly does the dealer have to do??to my understanding the (rim) is under the rear deck?so does the dealer have to take apart the rear of my car to activate,or is it done through something else?still can't believe i have to go through this for the dealer to get my alarm to work..thanks guys!!

GNSCOTT
05-01-05, 09:48 AM
Which dealership did you bring it to? Any Caddy dealership should know how to do what you described, the scary part is you cannot expect a Caddy dealer to know about an LS6 since they may work on one once in their life. I already spoke to my friends at Valenti Chevy in Wallingford because they have a good LS6 guy there and I was told they are not allowed to work on a Caddy. I think this car should be an exception.

Take it to a different dealership.

markbinkc
05-01-05, 01:54 PM
I had to have mine activated, and from what I saw (I watched from the waiting room) there isn't anything they have to take off the car. I saw them under the hood and in the driver's seat (although it did take them 30+ min. to figure out how to activate it).

Dave's V
05-01-05, 02:18 PM
They use the tech 2 under in the driver's seat area. Mine kicked out a bunch of ????? for the vin. He went inside, made a phone call, came back out and 5 minutes later it was fixed.