: Parts Question

AustinV
04-22-05, 11:02 AM
I was spending some quality time with my V in the garage last night and noticed a couple of things that I'd like to ask about.

Obviously, the hood shock on the left side is plenty capable of supporting the hood. However, I noticed that there are mount points on the right side for a shock. Are there supposed to be two?

In the trunk compartment, on the right side, I noticed four little holes at each corner of the square indention in the trunk liner. Is there supposed to be something mounted there? Also, how many cargo nets were supposed to come in the trunk?

Thanks in advance!

tedcmiller
04-22-05, 11:56 AM
There are mounting points on both sides of the hood for a gas spring, but the factory only installs one spring. All CTSs have four holes in the right trim panel inside the trunk. No CTSs (including Vs) have anything mounted there (???). There is one cargo net supplied with the vehicle.

lasstss
04-22-05, 04:39 PM
THe hood is aluminum. 2 struts would knock your teeth out!:bonkers:

AustinV
04-22-05, 04:46 PM
That makes sense about the struts and I like my teeth. :D

I do still wonder about the 4 holes in the right trim panel inside the trunk - that'd be a nice spot for a little pocket to store small items.

ctsvett
04-22-05, 05:03 PM
some people have mounted a first ait kit there using the holes to bungie the kit in.

Pictures are on the image library:
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/imglib.html

Reed