: Hit a tree tonight... F*&K ME

LV_V
04-22-05, 07:15 AM
I was driving home and there was a deer in the road and I swerved, slid about 25 feet in gravel, and plunged front-right first into a nice fat mesquite tree. $hit... I'll get some pics tomorrow but it will not be pretty, believe me! I seriously contemplated killing myself several times; i cut my finger open on purpose and bled my finger onto a rock next to the tree I hit to paint it red. Yes, I am insane.........

V-seriesTech
04-22-05, 07:59 AM
Dammit man

HDMLNIUM
04-22-05, 08:17 AM
Ouch,:helpless:
That does suck and disturbing to read at the same time.
Oh, and yes you are insane....:hmm: :confused: ;)

Bill-05-V
http://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_front-1.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_engine-yeah.jpghttp://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/th_rear-1.jpg
05 CTS-V--- Light Platinum
Llumar Clear Bra and Tinted windows, LS6 Emblem, Stealth-V z06 fuel rail covers and Cags Eliminator,
K&N drop in filter, B&B 3" resonator exhaust....more mods coming..
Online Photos http://photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/

ahahnu
04-22-05, 08:35 AM
Wow that is terrible. Self inflicted wounds (not the finger) are the worst! Did you have your stability control on?

globed70
04-22-05, 08:40 AM
Sure it wasn't a Hops Tree named Budweiser? Kidding aside, glad you are OK. It's easy for us to say forget the car, at least you are alright... but when it happens to any of us, we would be angry at the damage as well. Good luck!

Geno
04-22-05, 08:55 AM
Yikes!!! Weren't you the one with the V that had differenr color wheels on both sides of the car? That's a nice car (except for the asymetrical wheel colors, IMO). I hope everything comes out OK. Dang deers.

CTSV05
04-22-05, 09:13 AM
Sorry to hear this, I was out the first week we had ours, and came very close to a similar fate, thankfully due to my incredibily superior driving, we pulled out with minor scratches to our front fascia.

(Or it coulda been luck)!

akm2k5
04-22-05, 10:34 AM
oh no man.. When I read this now I was so saddened.. :( I love your V. Im glad you are okay.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
04-22-05, 10:54 AM
Glad to hear your okay

I hope its totalled....you gonna get another one?

PneuBird
04-22-05, 12:51 PM
Sorry about the "V" man.....glad your OK.....except for the self sacafice!! :helpless:

onebadcad
04-22-05, 12:58 PM
F*&king Bambi-I hate that movie! In Florida, we have no deers, just opossums and raccoons. You're okay, car soon will be, all things get better with time!

LV_V
04-22-05, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I now hate deer with all my heart. Just talked to the dealership and they're throwing together a quote. Can't wait for this one... I'll keep you all updated, though I wish I didn't have to :(

LV_V
04-22-05, 01:24 PM
The funny thing is that I'm in Tucson, AZ, there shouldn't be an f'ing deer in the road...

BTW I was the DD last night and thank god I had just dropped off my last passenger literally 30 seconds earlier. The worst thing in the world would be injuring a friend from a stupid mistake like this.

And yes, my V has the black 19's on the left and chrome on the right...

akm2k5
04-22-05, 01:30 PM
damn it.. I wanted more pics of those wheels!!... Maybe you could still take pics of those wheels... BTW, when you get in an accident, does Onstar call you do you have to call onstar? (does onstar dectecf if youve been in a collison?)

Kev
04-22-05, 01:49 PM
damn it.. I wanted more pics of those wheels!!... Maybe you could still take pics of those wheels... BTW, when you get in an accident, does Onstar call you do you have to call onstar? (does onstar dectecf if youve been in a collison?)On Star knows all! They know when you're picking your nose while driving! :suspense:

Flyboy
04-22-05, 03:35 PM
I did same thing last October....only problem....insurance people will call it "your fault".....if you'd hit the deer, it wouldn't be....I'm serious. Already been there.

Good luck

CVP33
04-22-05, 07:12 PM
I would have field dressed the deer with my teeth and then performed a ritual using its entrails. For the finale I would @#$%^& it's @#$ with my $%^& and then ripped its $%^&* off with my bear hands and then shoved the %^&$ up its $%*. BTW, I'm an animal lover and I don't even hunt. I just love my V more.

LV_V
04-22-05, 10:53 PM
I have OnStar but have never used it, didnt even think about using it last night. I was kind of in a state of shock when it happened. I just called AAA and they sent a tow truck out to take the V to Cadillac. Thank god the police didnt come I didnt want them writing me tickets for stupid $hit.

akm2k5
04-22-05, 11:23 PM
yeah, the po po can be a little troublesome sometimes..

kmhebert
04-22-05, 11:33 PM
You cracked up your CTS-V??? That does it, I'll never dodge for a deer.

Florian
04-23-05, 12:12 AM
CVP is that you huggin that deer in the above post? Looks like Grizzly Adams has a twin, dang! ;)

Peace

Florian

Adam
04-23-05, 01:02 AM
I was driving home and there was a deer in the road and I swerved, slid about 25 feet in gravel, and plunged front-right first into a nice fat mesquite tree. $hit... I'll get some pics tomorrow but it will not be pretty, believe me! I seriously contemplated killing myself several times; i cut my finger open on purpose and bled my finger onto a rock next to the tree I hit to paint it red. Yes, I am insane.........

damn that really sucks man but no car is worth your life!!!! cars can be replaced you cannot!! i hope everything gets better, collect your insurance money and buy a new one. if you can get the nightvision (or is that not an option on the V?). good luck brother:thumbsup: . or you could get a Fleetwood!!! ok ok all you seen that coming.

Ralph
04-23-05, 01:07 AM
Sorry to hear it man. There's someone always hitting a deer up here because they are overpopulated, but what you DON'T want to hit is a moose! :D

Good luck on the repairs, or getting a new one.

kmhebert
04-23-05, 01:13 AM
Sorry to hear it man. There's someone always hitting a deer up here because they are overpopulated, but what you DON'T want to hit is a moose!

Too true; moose are the tanks of the natural world. They are beautiful animals but hitting one full on will wreck your car and you as well. Another reason to wear a seat belt.

CVP33
04-23-05, 01:03 PM
CVP is that you huggin that deer in the above post? Looks like Grizzly Adams has a twin, dang! ;)

Peace

Florian

Not me. Just a pix I googled to go with the post. :thumbsup:

Caddy01DTS
04-23-05, 02:02 PM
F*&king Bambi-I hate that movie! In Florida, we have no deers, just opossums and raccoons. You're okay, car soon will be, all things get better with time!

You may not have deer in S.E., but we have them in S.W. Florida.

LV_VI was driving home and there was a deer in the road and I swerved, slid about 25 feet in gravel, and plunged front-right first into a nice fat mesquite tree. $hit... I'll get some pics tomorrow but it will not be pretty, believe me! I seriously contemplated killing myself several times; i cut my finger open on purpose and bled my finger onto a rock next to the tree I hit to paint it red. Yes, I am insane.........

Sorry to hear that.

MikeF
04-23-05, 09:24 PM
Winter's over and it's riding season. Your Hog (noble steed that it is) will take you anywhere until you get the V back on the road.

ronr
04-24-05, 11:04 PM
Winter's over and it's riding season. Your Hog (noble steed that it is) will take you anywhere until you get the V back on the road.

Winter's over???:(

And to think I got my car out of winter storage because it was in the 80's earlier this week:helpless:

addison_ii
04-24-05, 11:22 PM
Winter's over???:(

And to think I got my car out of winter storage because it was in the 80's earlier this week:helpless:
Hey Ronr, I'm in Saginaw and I feel the same way. What in the world happened?

LV V: I hope all goes well with your repairs(or new CTS-V)Glad to hear you are ok as well.Keep us posted.

VELOSE
04-24-05, 11:36 PM
Good luck with your V and finger. Us V owners are rare and it hurts to hear we are more rare when accidents like these cause a fellow V owner to go down. Get it fixed and try to get some money out of your insurance for some modifications, if you can?:devil: :canttalk:

MikeF
04-25-05, 12:16 AM
You were smart to NOT call the fuzz. At least here in Texas, it's illegal to crash and you'll get some type of ticket, usually failure to control speed.

ccclarke
04-25-05, 07:47 AM
It's even worse in Washington: They can't tow you without a cop being notified if you're off the road. (Loosened rule right after a snowfall).

lewis
04-25-05, 09:06 AM
Sorry about the tree! If the car is totalled I would be interested in the wheels.

waitebe
04-25-05, 05:51 PM
LV_V: I am glad you are OK and that no one was hurt, which is the important part...even though it sucks to wreck the best car money can buy.
I don't want to sound like a vulture, but lewis already opened this can of worms so I figured I would throw my name in. If they total your car, I would be very, very interested in the Nav System...assuming it is still working properly. Let me know.