: Power Steering Pump Removal - 83 de Ville

s1fty1
04-22-05, 02:57 AM
Hey Guys,
I'm a little stuck on pulling my power steering pump on my 4100... The problem is getting the pulley off so I can access the bolts!!

At the centre of the pulley is a 3/8 internal hex, and aside from that, there's nothing else to get a spanner on? I've trying tensioning the belt and trying to turn the hex, but I'm not 100% sure which way I should turn it... Ie: should I hold the pulley and turn the hex to the Left, or should I hold the hex and turn the pulley to the left???????????????????????:banghead:

Bad language has been used... :rant2:oh so much bad language... mostly directed at the stinking Haynes Workshop manual that isn't worth the paper it's printed on....

I live in New Zealand, so people who know about Caddies are, well mostly non-existant.... Any help HUGELY appreciated... :)

jspinale
04-25-05, 11:51 AM
There should be holes in the front of the pulley itself to allow a Deep socket to find the 9/16" or 15 MM bolt mounted behind the pulley where you cant see it. you will have to turn the pulley untill the hole lines up with the bolt.I think somewhere between 12 and 4 O'Clock on the pulley. You should NOT have to remove the pulley to remove the pump from the vehicle.

s1fty1
04-25-05, 05:58 PM
Thanks, but there are no holes in the pulley...
see this other thread for photos...
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=311214#post311214

spinj
04-25-05, 11:05 PM
Sorry, It looks like a FWD Vehicle. Too Bad.

s1fty1
04-26-05, 12:10 AM
FWD?? It's an '83 Sedan de Ville.... it's RWD...