: Rear cradle sound creaky...

willsctsv
04-21-05, 11:35 PM
After driving a little hard, no 5k clutch drops, but high revving and down shifting the rear suspension or something sounds creaky. :hmm: Like my bushings need oil or something. Aside from the clunking, I can deal with that, it's from the rear pinion support and is a bit normal I guess. But, this sounds like an old wood floor.:helpless: I took the car for a nice ride and it seems like everything may have realigned itself, if that's possible. No more creaks, but this has happened before. The clunking seems to get a little worse when the creaks are there. :rant2:

What the frig is coming out of alignment for the time beeing? :rant2:
Possible cradle bolts? The damn things are at 180 ft lbs.:helpless:

Still love the car though!

homer403
04-21-05, 11:45 PM
The dealer lubed and re-lubed my sway bar bushings and it helped.

Vrocks
04-21-05, 11:50 PM
What the frig is coming out of alignment for the time beeing? :rant2:
Possible cradle bolts? The damn things are at 180 ft lbs.:helpless:
Still love the car though!
[ trying not to thread jack ]

I think your creak might be related to what is causing so many diff problems lately. (besides lots of wheel hop)

If the frame or rear cradle on your car is twisting that much due to the power of the LS6, could it be moving the rear diff around too much as well? I don't know much about bolt torque specs but 180 ft lbs sounds decent, so perhaps some rear cradles could be out of alignment, thus causing frequent diff failures?

If your diff fails soon (sorry, didn't mean to jinx you :leaving: ) maybe we could look at this possible connection a little more.

willsctsv
04-22-05, 09:37 AM
Already on the 2nd Diff with 1000 miles, started whining at 300.
A little quieter with the the Lucas gear oil than the factory stuff.