: Is there a benefit of using Sport Mode?

jewelz
04-21-05, 02:15 PM
00 Catera non-sport, but has the sport button on the top of the shifter. What does this actually do? When should you use it? Is there a benefit to using it?

omermurat
04-21-05, 04:09 PM
Your shifts will be firmer and up-shifts will be delayed for high rev "spirited" driving.

Vesicant
04-21-05, 04:21 PM
Your shifts will be firmer and up-shifts will be delayed for high rev "spirited" driving.

I like to think it helps throttle response as well.. but thats just in my opinion

Sport mode is awesome (user and abuser here) :devillaug

Try it sometime on an onramp or wherever :thumbsup:

AllenPacla
04-21-05, 04:24 PM
How much increase in fuel consumption can I expect if I use the sport mode everytime?

Vesicant
04-21-05, 04:32 PM
You will get worse mileage, Im guessing %5-10 percent worse. It keeps the revs high meaning the engine burns fuel faster. Keep it off for normal around town driving, highway crusing etc and to keep maximum economy. For those moments when you need it though like manuvering around a car or accelerating it helps a lot- keeping the car in its powerband.

INSANEDEGO
04-21-05, 04:34 PM
00 Catera non-sport, but has the sport button on the top of the shifter. What does this actually do? When should you use it? Is there a benefit to using it?

THEY SAY THAT IT DOES HELP :worship: :worship: ..

Vesicant
04-21-05, 04:35 PM
THEY SAY THAT IT DOES HELP :worship: :worship: ..

Amen. :D

lol.

mrman88
04-21-05, 08:00 PM
The intake normally switches over to the dual intake that you see under the hood at 4400 rpm and with sport mode it is said to activate it at 3800 rpm, also the upshift are delayed and downshifts are quicker giving the car a much sportier feel.

jewelz
04-22-05, 12:22 PM
Thanks!! So if you need that little extra get up and go it's good. Best on Highways for fuel consumption. I will definately give it a try here and there to see if I notice a difference. My Cat seems to lag a little when going onto the highway or accelerating.

Vesicant
04-22-05, 04:08 PM
Thanks!! So if you need that little extra get up and go it's good. Best on Highways for fuel consumption. I will definately give it a try here and there to see if I notice a difference. My Cat seems to lag a little when going onto the highway or accelerating.

Just wanted to clarify real quick.. yes its better if you want to use it on the highway; to gain better speed. But turn it off when you're done, otherwise its just annoying and wastes more fuel. :coolgleam

tatvamasi
04-22-05, 05:39 PM
Just wanted to clarify real quick.. yes its better if you want to use it on the highway; to gain better speed. But turn it off when you're done, otherwise its just annoying and wastes more fuel. :coolgleam

yeah! you might wanna use it when you are being harassed by four college girls in a mustang on spring break driving on a turnpike. I don't know what you would get but I got five birdies right away.......:nyanya:

jewelz
04-25-05, 11:13 AM
Well, I have never been harrassed by four college girls on spring break. It's probably because I am the (slightly older than college age female) usually doing the harrassing....lol!

CateraSport
04-26-05, 01:44 PM
HELP

So I was crusing along this weekend at about 60mph, and all of a sudden my sport mode S on the dash was flashing... I didn't engage sport mode or anything, it just started flashing... I tried hitting the gas, and it felt like the car wouldn't downshift. I eventually slowed to a stop, and it was still flashing. From here, I floored the gas pedal and the car didn't even jump, it just slowly accelerated like it was stuck in Overdrive... I turned the ignition off, and turned it back on and all was okay.

Does anybody know what might be wrong? Should I get this checked ASAP?

jewelz
04-26-05, 03:25 PM
I just looked in my manual and it also serves as your transmission warning light and suggests having the vechicle seen asap.

CateraSport
04-27-05, 10:42 AM
I just looked in my manual and it also serves as your transmission warning light and suggests having the vechicle seen asap.

I took my car to Cadillac this morning... Thank god. The transmission is shot! At exactly 70k miles...

I'm so happy I bought the extended warranty... Now I get a brand new $2,500 transmission for free :coolgleam

And I get to drive an 05 DTS until my car is finished :cool:

salvatrucho519
04-28-05, 11:27 AM
ive had similar problems where im cruisin at a constant speed(usually around 50-60km/h), not accelerating, and the car feels like it goes into neutral gear, the transmission does not shift and the engine revs until i hit redline and the transmission shifts real hard all of a sudden and i get the transmission malfunction light on the dash, also the car drives real slow after this happens, until i turn it off and start it up again. do i need a new transmission? wtf?

CateraSport
04-28-05, 04:49 PM
ive had similar problems where im cruisin at a constant speed(usually around 50-60km/h), not accelerating, and the car feels like it goes into neutral gear, the transmission does not shift and the engine revs until i hit redline and the transmission shifts real hard all of a sudden and i get the transmission malfunction light on the dash, also the car drives real slow after this happens, until i turn it off and start it up again. do i need a new transmission? wtf?

Dude, you better go get it checked out... My light came on only once and I had it checked and my transmission was toast...

It costs $88 to inspect, but if they find it's a bad transmission and you have a warranty, that usually goes under the warranty then, plus the cost of the transmission ( $2500+ )

salvatrucho519
04-28-05, 11:18 PM
dude i got no warranty, im screwed

omermurat
04-29-05, 06:54 AM
Check with ebay, you can find good deals.. Follow the below link;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33727&item=7969993804&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW&tc=photo